Author Topic: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft  (Read 47414 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011, 02:34:33 pm »
+1
What about making them able to pay the amount they got from the heirloomed item they sold in exchange for possibly receiving a modifier (following the /3 rounded up rule) ?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2011, 02:39:15 pm »
+1
Well, if chadz didn't want to reduce the amount of heirlooms I would have said he should have used the generation instead of the actual heirloom amount, although this would have meant an ADVANTAGE for those people having sold their heirlooms.  :?

In short my statement is: stop complaining, it was you who sold your heirlooms, noone else.

Ultimatums, only the sith deals in absolutes.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2011, 11:26:06 am »
+1
The reason is that there are too many floating around, and I want to make heirlooms very special, and have some further secret plans with em that only work if they are rare. The old retiring was way too abusable.
mh, just read those lines again and when I think of the threads and ingame talk about what to heirloom next and what gen some are I come to the sophisticated conclusion: Failed!  :P

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:21 pm »
+1
It is rather funny that the more dedicated players can retire faster now than they could pre-patch. 

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »
+1
Gonna get reamed for this suggestion, I'm sure, but here goes. If you really want heirlooms to be special, it's not the first tier of them that does any good, it's the higher tier ones. The ones that gen 11's can get every week or so. How about inverting the gen bonus? First Gen is the fastest to get to retirement, and it slows down a bit every gen after it. This would have the effect of seeing a few more tempered or heavies than now, but masterworks and balanced, etc would become rarer and more special.

So a gen 1 would be able to get an heirloom quicker, but in exchange for the advantage of it, you take a bit longer to get to retirement with bonus, and even more powerful gear.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »
+1
Yep, agreed with Kophka. It doesn't make much sense that after gen10+ you can retire every few days, and then at 20+ every day... won't take long until we start seeing level 37s+ with fully heirloomed gear.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07:32 pm »
+1
Yep, agreed with Kophka. It doesn't make much sense that after gen10+ you can retire every few days, and then at 20+ every day... won't take long until we start seeing level 37s+ with fully heirloomed gear.

solution; make bonusses go down.

first gen = 15 % bonus

Second gen = 10 % bonus

third gen = 8% bonus

fourth gen = 7% bonus

dont start trolling about the numbers, just come with feedback on the idea please

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »
+1
There should have been no gen-xp bonus in the first place.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2011, 10:26:56 pm »
+1
Why not keep retirement the way it currently is, only impose a time limit on the retirement, like there used to be.
for example:
they still keep all of the current perks of retirement, but can only retire once every 2 weeks.
So even with an XP bonus, they are simply able to get to the higher tier characters faster per retirement, but cant retire until the time cap is up.  So they will hit 31 well before they can retire, and can play with that char for a while even hitting 32 possibly.  or let him sit and use a secondary char while waiting for the time limit to expire.
This will pace out the heirlooming a bit more than the frentic race that gen 10+ characters can pump them out.

And since heirloom trading will be in the works, those gen10+ guys are pretty much just masterwork farmers at this point, and will be able to distribute advantages to whomever they wish.  thats not really in the spirit of the system as I understand it...
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2011, 10:52:25 pm »
+1
Gonna get reamed for this suggestion, I'm sure, but here goes. If you really want heirlooms to be special, it's not the first tier of them that does any good, it's the higher tier ones. The ones that gen 11's can get every week or so. How about inverting the gen bonus? First Gen is the fastest to get to retirement, and it slows down a bit every gen after it. This would have the effect of seeing a few more tempered or heavies than now, but masterworks and balanced, etc would become rarer and more special.

So a gen 1 would be able to get an heirloom quicker, but in exchange for the advantage of it, you take a bit longer to get to retirement with bonus, and even more powerful gear.

Making the retirement system too unappealing removes the reason it was implemented in the first place. You have to remember that the majority of players can only retire once every few weeks. This change you propose would make getting a masterwork for casual players basically impossible, and most would opt out of retiring, as the grind just would not be worth it (currently it's a long-term investment into the game, this change would actually make it the opposite).

I already know quite a few players who wear fully loomed gear, their gear was fully loomed pre-theft as well, post-theft it just took them a while to re-gather what they lost. And considering the exp system is exponential, seeing anyone even at level 34 is completely unrealistic.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:02 pm »
+1
And considering the exp system is exponential, seeing anyone even at level 34 is completely unrealistic.

miley is level 33 right now, gen 1
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »
+1
I totally agree with Kophka.
This change you propose would make getting a masterwork for casual players basically impossible, and most would opt out of retiring
I don't see that as a problem.

The xp penalties, if any, would have to be tought out carefully as this would make grinding to >31 a viable option. It might make more sense to increase the xp required to retire rather than the xp income.

Offline Zaelious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2011, 11:44:59 pm »
+1
Uh Kesh makes like 8m exp a day.. So balton, retract those words.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:48:46 pm by Zaelious »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2011, 12:29:53 am »
+1
The exp being exponential makes any level above ~36 basicly unreachable (the fastest route takes dozens of retirements)

But still it's weird you can retire faster the second time.

So what could be a nice thing would be :

Higher xp bonus for early retirements
going down to tiny amount for higher generations

Let me explain a little further :

The base minute xp gain is 1000 xp

Retiring once could give you 14% more (1140 xp per tick)
The second time could give 13% more of what you were winning at the previous gen. (1270 xp per tick)
The third gen gives 12% more bonus (1390 xp per tick)
and so on
gen 04 - 11% - 1500 xp
gen 05 - 10% - 1600 xp
gen 06 - 09% - 1690 xp
gen 07 - 08% - 1770 xp
gen 08 - 07% - 1840 xp
gen 09 - 06% - 1900 xp  *here the value is equal to what it is in the current system
gen 10 - 05% - 1950 xp
gen 11 - 04% - 1990 xp
gen 12 - 03% - 2020 xp
gen 13 - 02% - 2040 xp
gen 14 - 01% - 2050 xp

and any generation above 14 should not give any more xp bonus, thus avoiding it to become uber fast.

Another cool change could be softening the xp curve while making the level requirement for retirement go up (first retirement, lvl 31, then lvl 32... but only if the xp curve is softened), that would also prevent some very few nolife people to do ridiculous amounts of retirements.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:50 am »
+1
miley is level 33 right now, gen 1

That's pathetic, it takes 593 hours of playing at gen 1 to get to that level.

Uh Kesh makes like 8m exp a day.. So balton, retract those words.

Regardless, just because a handful of players have no life, 99% of the community shouldn't be punished in turn.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.