Author Topic: Question for Horse Archers  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
Re: Question for Horse Archers
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 12:57:03 am »
Well I usually survive till the end of the round most of the time using a steppe horse. It's all about evasion, as long as you keep an eye out, no other cav can touch you when you're dodging on a steppe horse. Archers are a bit more of a problem, but keep your distance and learn to dodge the arrows as well. I kinda got sick of always being the last left on my team against 15-20 enemies at which point I just have to let my self be killed, so I retired to take a gen off HA.

Get a steppe horse!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 11:22:49 am »
I focus on cavalry as HA...so I take a courser. Anything less and enemy cav is going to out run you and cut you to pieces.

It really depends what your focus is. If you're taking on infantry, I'd say either Arabian or Destrier. If you're taking on cav, then definitely the courser (unless you have a Champion Arabian  :P )

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 11:28:09 am »
I focus on cavalry as HA...so I take a courser. Anything less and enemy cav is going to out run you and cut you to pieces.

It really depends what your focus is. If you're taking on infantry, I'd say either Arabian or Destrier. If you're taking on cav, then definitely the courser (unless you have a Champion Arabian  :P )

Anything less than a courser gets you cut to pieces? Maybe it's people being bad like always, but I can keep a handful of cav at bay totally by myself on a steppe horse. If you have any clue as to what you're doing you don't get hit unless you get cocky and go for jousting (ie playing chicken) head shots, but it's worth it anyway. Destrier will get you killed faster than anything too by the way. My advice always seems to fall on deaf ears as I never see any other HA really be effective anymore.