Author Topic: This would be amazing DaveUKR  (Read 541 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
This would be amazing DaveUKR
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:43:53 pm »
+1
If you could get strat battles to work like single player sieges like if I attack a village have 30 bots protecting it right? with 200 lives or 300 or whatever and they just respawn and fight and on my end if i cant sign enough people I get some too so it might be like a 30 vs 30 no matter what but on both sides it may be maybe 10 players + 20 bots and same on the other side just to make it more fun so its not 5 vs 5 I think that would be awesome and help alot

Also if you could somehow implement that then you could have roaming AI parties on the strat map that attack or patrol like bandit parties that move slow but could attack the player or defensive castle patrols.

Just an idea to help the population cause shit if 30 people show up or more the bots arent used but if you have 10 people in a battle it seems a lot more fun and exciting

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
Re: This would be amazing DaveUKR
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:00:24 pm »
Now that no one enters,desperately we have turned on to robots lol.I think njames's opinions are important in this matter,as he is a npc himself.

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 12:11:42 am »
+1
Now that no one enters,desperately we have turned on to robots lol.I think njames's opinions are important in this matter,as he is a npc himself.
You're just now finding out about this? I thought you knew.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 12:24:27 am »
+3
If you could get strat battles to work like single player sieges like if I attack a village have 30 bots protecting it right? with 200 lives or 300 or whatever and they just respawn and fight and on my end if i cant sign enough people I get some too so it might be like a 30 vs 30 no matter what but on both sides it may be maybe 10 players + 20 bots and same on the other side just to make it more fun so its not 5 vs 5 I think that would be awesome and help alot
Sadly bots are very stupid and warband has no real AI. We're using Vyrn AI for DTV but will get complete nuts with complex maps (like sieges) or maps with difficult terrain since warband relies on AI waypoints which have to be defined for every single map. At this point it's very tough to develop and would require a lot of work beyond the actual code. Though I love this idea and it was suggested in many variations throughout years. Commandable bots (there were certain steps to develop it in the past) might spice up battles a lot.

Also if you could somehow implement that then you could have roaming AI parties on the strat map that attack or patrol like bandit parties that move slow but could attack the player or defensive castle patrols.

It is planned to be implemented and was widely discussed in Strategus Council. Certain AI activity on the map will definitely be there.

Just an idea to help the population cause shit if 30 people show up or more the bots arent used but if you have 10 people in a battle it seems a lot more fun and exciting

Same problem - AI :-(

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 01:09:27 am »
Sadly bots are very stupid and warband has no real AI. We're using Vyrn AI for DTV but will get complete nuts with complex maps (like sieges) or maps with difficult terrain since warband relies on AI waypoints which have to be defined for every single map. At this point it's very tough to develop and would require a lot of work beyond the actual code. Though I love this idea and it was suggested in many variations throughout years. Commandable bots (there were certain steps to develop it in the past) might spice up battles a lot.

It is planned to be implemented and was widely discussed in Strategus Council. Certain AI activity on the map will definitely be there.

Same problem - AI :-(

Thank you for the response Dave I thought it would be pretty hard but could make strategus very exciting and I meant like bots just going in and fighting like singleplayer but i see your dillema. No commands needed just spawn in scale the walls and fight but what you are doing is amazing either way!