Author Topic: Nice job eu  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Nice job eu
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:07 pm »
player numbers in a skill based melee progressing game is essential. if low amount, personal skill + level/class has a big impact. question is if this impact is too great.

It's almost like the grind is just unmeasurable in terms of levels, and new players won't be able to catch up with people who are level 35/36, and therefore leave the mod...

:thinking:

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:13 pm »
new players won't be able to catch up with people who are level 35/36

Well, good thing level 34 35 is the last useful level.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:40:48 pm by Jona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:34 pm »
+3
It's almost like the grind is just unmeasurable in terms of levels, and new players won't be able to catch up with people who are level 35/36, and therefore leave the mod...

Well you could give new players max level and every loom in the game and the still wouldnt be able to catch up skill wise.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 01:01:26 am »
Well, good thing level 34 is the last useful level.

Level 36 allows for retarded builds like 30/15 archer (with powerstrike), or something like 33/15 melee. I call bs on that statement.

Well you could give new players max level and every loom in the game and the still wouldnt be able to catch up skill wise.

Most of them, no of course. But how much chances do you give to one guy, skilled enough to catch up, with a level 32 char (at best 33 if he spends months playing) and the base loomed items (mail tunic, war spear etc) ? Yea, that's not happening, he's going to have a rough time, even with all the skill and determination of the world; not only because he's fighting basement-dwelling creatures, but also because there's a sizeable amount of people who are at least level 34 on their main (I did some strat rosters a few weeks back, I can tell you it was like between 33% and 50% of all the dudes I accepted). 2 levels of difference may not sound like a lot, but it actually matters in the end, to create these min-maxed tryhard builds everyone is running around with.

Besides, sure gold is easy to get and shit, but what does it change besides repairs being completely irrelevant after some hours on DTV ? Loompoints are expensive as hell, especially for a new player, yet still obtainable with some brainless grinding on DTV (and strat if you're NA). My point is that level 33 and 34 should be easier to get, especially so late in the game's life, with so few new players. Skill is already a huge barrier to overcome, adding another layer of bullshit isn't going to cut it. As an example, merc mod is trash, yet they have a thriving player base, even with the shitty mechanics and unbalanced classes they got over there. Why ? because there's so little grind it's basically a matter of hours before you start becoming really effective on the battlefield, compared with 15 generations to get a good set of loomed items, plus the 45% bonus exp, so you can finally START grinding toward a high level build, which at the average rate of 1M per day, will take you fucking ages.

All in all, it doesn't bother me that much tbh, I'm mostly done with all the grind, but seeing new players leave out of frustration sucks.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 01:12:27 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'd argue the odds are about equal that someone would stay to grind out some pieces and learn the basics while doing that, compared to someone just starting out on equal footing but only seeing the steep skill curve ahead.

Either way i dont think it matters, i dont think new players will stay no matter what you do. Best thing would probably be to try to get old players back, but the only thing i can think of is resetting back to some 2012 patch which of course isnt certain to work either.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 11:12:08 am »
+2
The average skill level has gone down considerably in the last few years. It should be a lot easier to get into now than when people's skills were well polished. Everyone hits a personal skill ceiling, then if you aren't playing every day or week you get rusty. You don't really unlearn your skills, but you definitely get less invested when you play and make more mistakes.

The main thing that will make new players leave is the low population, the lack of clans, bad attitudes/trolling ingame (we are all kind of desensitised to it, especially if its a well known player) and seemingly unfair deaths.

As a new player you should be pretty OK with getting killed by someone who is better than you, but if its someone who has 10 more levels than you or more looms or just happens to have a ranged weapon and depletes your HP from across the map, thats not much fun. As a player how do you improve in those situations? Its a team game but with low pop you really have to be able to defend yourself. In the past you could just blend into the crowd, let the other players die first, have a shield wall to stand in etc. On low pop servers its a lot harder for a newbie imo.

I'm not really sure what to do about looms or levels. The game needs progression. It used to be one of the main things that kept people playing on the server: something that you gain by playing, that goes beyond the current game session. So even if you don't feel that motivated right now, you know by staying on the server you will get something out of it later on. I think it was a mistake to pretty much remove the progression, or to not have a plan for when people basically maxed themselves out. People used to retire for loom points. That was probably 80% of what people did. Now everyone has any loom they want via their own progression, and via the armouries and they stay at max level. Personally I think the game needs more progression, not less. But the effect of the progression should be lower. So people have more goals but don't actually get too powerful by achieving them. Newbies already have progression, but the veterans don't anymore. I'd delete the armoury too
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 12:22:59 pm »
introduce skill boosters like eve online did a few years back, let people buy xp for real money  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :twisted:

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 04:40:33 pm »
Level 36 allows for retarded builds like 30/15 archer (with powerstrike), or something like 33/15 melee. I call bs on that statement.

I call lack of information on yours.  :P

Since the patch of destiny was reverted, level 35 (not 34, typo on my part) is the last level that gives you 1 skill point and attribute point. Levels 36, 37, etc, just give you 2 hp each, and no additional skill points.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »

I've played since 2013 and the max level i've been is 36 to get the veteran tag lol, I know I'll never catch up to 35/36's and I still play. I've seen shit tons of people leave because the community are full of cunts.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 10:23:31 pm »
+4
the reason that i stopped playing is just low pop,archer spamm and then it becomes boring,like i need to play few 1000 hours to reach next lvl,u can easy buy loom points etc.

my guess was and will be that wiping out everything,will bring life back to this mod and also bring back with the wipe  the 2013 version of the game,i dont care about ladder spamm into the sky or OP Bar mace etc,it was still more fun then what we have now.

if u remove those high lvl main chars by wiping,some ppl will be pissed,but more will come back.

also remove banner balance,u can team up on strat battles or by luck on public servers,that way strat will get more players.

and if mod is completly dead after wipe,then just let it die already and wait for bannerlord.

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 09:51:08 am »
+3

hype the wipe on moddb and do strat advertisement, "play the sp campaign in multiplayer with your friends, become lord of X!" or some shit

the "wipe for life"

i retired in 2014 as lvl 35. im now level 34 and zillions from next level. many other players like me, lets face it, a wipe would give us a new reason to grind. battles would become somewhat balanced (for a while lol)

banner balance on eu1 has to go also. the stacking is a strat thing, its the point of strat, its what makes strat fun, when eu1 have banner balance, strat is less interesting. besides banner balance isnt fair or balanced.

problem is with current xp system is that uneven balance is needed otherwise everyone will have x1 or x2 and never get x5 multipliers. this is not a big problem but a new xp system must be figured out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:07:49 am by Sniger »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 12:47:51 pm »
do it

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »
+1
EU might be dead but NA consistently has good battles and good population in NA 1. Sorry guys but there is no wipe coming.

Strat reset likely will come towards the end of October / start of November though. Depending on community opinion anyways. Poll currently being held to see how people feel about it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:58:17 pm by njames89 »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 11:59:57 pm »
+2
good battles and good population in NA 1

define "good" please. 20 players?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 12:01:58 am »
70-90 players for good battles and 40-50 in na 1