Author Topic: What got you into crpg?  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
Re: What got you into crpg?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:03:04 pm »
+1
Played NW with that guy and some others in the same regiment.
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
My friend Taxtros got me into it and I joined Malta with him, needless to say that didn't last long, jumped around a few different clans and eventually settled in HoC.

This mod was my first experience with M&B... I never even tried native until like a year and a half after I started playing.

EDIT: Fun fact, c-rpg was the first game I downloaded after building my computer... I regret nothing

w0t i dont remember you in malta
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 06:58:38 pm »
+1
w0t i dont remember you in malta

That was before I changed my name to Zeus... Jamer, JamerTheGamer, something along those lines

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »
+3
Somebody in native said that there was a mod in wich you could make your own character and use any kind of gear you wanted, also the the mod was full with northamerican baddies ez kills. At first I didnt pay much attention to it bc i needed an original copy of the game wich I didnt have, but then many of my clanmates started trying it out so i bought the game and tried it myself, ever since 2012 i've been playing on and off with no regrets whatsoever.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:42 pm »
+4
I followed the teachings of Jesus. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 07:27:12 pm »
+2

(click to show/hide)

holy shit i remember tales of him
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 01:47:04 am »
+8
Some fella at school gave me a cracked copy of Warband in 2010. Played a couple months of SP, loved it, but couldn't play MP with the key I had.

Early 2011 my gf comes home with a gift for me, which I still have in MINT condition. Someday I'll sign it, and it'll be worth thousands.

Started playing battle on the Aus native servers; was a pure melee my old friendcher slayer from day one. Saw cRPG in the server list with lots of players so dl'd after playing native for a few months. I remember playing for about ten minutes and complaining about balance, while Frank the Tank tried to tell me how good it was and explained how everything works. Went back to native and did about 600 hours on the duel server, then I tried cRPG again and got hooked when I could actually defend myself as a peasant.

why i still play off and on on the american servers is a more autistic story for another time

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 03:58:41 am »
+2
When I first bought warband and played online I was getting my ass handed to me in native by some naked dude with a staff who said he got his skills from c-crpg.  Stayed for the online campaign mode.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 08:41:23 am »
+1

(click to show/hide)

I remember Jesus, could manual block well while most other players sucked at it so he became a team carrying god lol. Pretty sure I remember him smacking bitches up with a staff too.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 12:28:35 pm »
+2
I srsly had no idea what manual blocking was.  I didnt know it existed.  when my shield broke I would wiggle my mouse and try to mimik moves I saw of other people,  not realizing directional right mouse holding was a thing. qq.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 03:19:30 pm »
+3
After playing Warband singleplayer for about a year, I decided I wanted to play any Star Wars mod that exists. Bearforce was multiplayer and I joined my first online PC clan. That clan died and I joined the last remaining Bearforce clan at the time, the 3rd Republic Legion. Who decided to jump to crpg since they were now the last Bearforce clan. so I came with them.. They eventually got tired of the mod and quit, I decided to stay.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 03:30:36 pm »
+4
My high school pal Helgoring got me into it with the promise of a fun roleplaying mod. I stayed for the grinding and drama.

edit: Come to think of it, I had a fell out with Helgo irl but am still playing this mod. C-rpg is like that home wrecker bitch.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:33:56 pm by Random Turk »
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
+3
My brother showed me Warband in 2010? I think, and as soon as I saw the massive multiplayer battles where every single fighter was an individual player I was hooked.

In 2011 he showed me crpg, we would play together sometimes. He stopped later that year, I quit for a while when he did but then I came back because no other game scratched that itch for me. Not even native warband was as good anymore after playing crpg. The character progression and being able to spot a player across the battlefield and know it was them because of their trademark set of gear... Working your way up from being a peasant cowering behind a wall near a combat god, becoming a shitty bamboo spearman to try and poke and help out the guy in plate, finally buying my first horse (rouncey) and a light lance after what felt like weeks and weeks. Managing to get kills sometimes even though I didn't know how to couch the lance or what couching even was.

After that I played an archer and then an xbower, I had played for an embarassing extremely long time before I actually got good at melee combat with 4D weapons. 5 or 6 generations as a ranged player, and then I loomed a knife instead of a real 1h weapon because I wanted a sidearm to go with my +3 xbow and +3 bolts. It was a long time before I did anything other than wiggle and spin in melee combat.  :oops:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline _Zetan_

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miserable_Old_Bastard
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 04:33:53 pm »
+3
I started playing c-rpg after I met Knightmare on Rust. I only wished I found this mod when It first started. However, the people who showed me DA WEa were James and Axeman. Yes the beloved clan ACRE. The community is toxic and has a special place in the pit of my dark soul. Ps, Marcus is one hot piece of ass.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 04:49:27 pm »
Played native as a x bower shielder in guard of istiniar and wanted to learn how to manual block with 2h. Stayed because of guys like kingrimm, granny and Hetman (got in strat battles for UIF when I was new since while crap I followed orders), stayed longer because of good early strat rounds when 80 a side all on TS and lots couldnt get in.

Fought UIF and anti UIF, great example of how teamwork would beat better individuals 9 out of 10. "not to the left, not to the right, up the fucking middle"