Author Topic: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 12:36:26 pm »
I'll be basing my hype on multiplayer gameplay which will be revealed at EA PLAY 9-11 June. If all the aforementioned features and changes are in the game and EA actually sticks to their "can't buy any game advantage" statement, this might be worth hyping for.

In the end it's EA and you can't know for sure, but I do have my hopes they've learned something from the Battlefront 2 disaster. They also had an open beta for Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2 before their releases, so BFV will probably have it as well.

The gameplay changes sound very promissing. A lot of the things they have improved are things that actively bother me every time I play.

Yeah, a couple of things were changed that were bothering me in previous games, most notably constant instant reviving/healing/rearming that could really slow down matches.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 12:49:54 pm »
+1
i'm a huge history sperg and really do appreciate historical accuracy, and this shit doesn't really bother me at all. maybe its the irony poisoning, but i think it is funny as all get out. fucking surreal.

it isn't like anyone but the most idiotic or subverted that are going to get the impression that the game trailer receiving so much flak is historically accurate. i do think that it is a pretty silly move, lefty virtue-signalling can be mad profitable at times, but hardly in non-indie games, especially shootan games. sure, all those indie games with progressive undertones made tons of money, but it ain't the same thing at all.

It’s laughable to think that any modern video game based on a war is “historically accurate,” but even in this case, Battlefield isn’t off the mark. Women did fight in World War II, from the air force units known as the “Night Witches,” to secret agents like Nancy Wake. Lyudmila Pavlichenko is hailed as the most successful female sniper in history, as well as one of the top military snipers of all time with a credited 309 kills. Wanda Gertz began her military career during World War I and later commanded an all-female battalion in World War II. Young women enlisted in combat roles across the world. That a single British woman in the game’s reveal trailer has Battlefield players so riled up is willful ignorance that such a role could have ever existed in history.

oh god now THIS is fucking comedy dude, what the fuck? because in the many years of the Second World War spanning 5 continents, there were bound to be SOME FEW females using firearms against the enemy, some females acting as agents in the French Underground and elsewhere, and some Soviet propaganda, it is not historically inaccurate to portray a woman with a fucking hook for a hand parachuting in for cowwadoody bullshit, equipped with her trusty nail-bait (perfect for bashing the fash, amirite?!)

jesus christ im glad that i enjoy this shit or i would be mad all the time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 01:08:46 pm »
+4
I was honestly more bothered by how chaotic and all over the place the trailer was in general rather than the historical innacuraccy. Shit happening left and right, no battle lines established soldiers just blazing in from everywhere, explosions, destruction and ridiculous events happening everywhere, camera spinning around absolutely nauseating, impossible to keep up. Like a super edgy michael bay scene on steroids.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »
+1
The big problem for me lies in that I enjoy playing semi realistic recreations of the real armies/battles that occurred. It just doesn't feel authentic to have these armies composed of people that don't represent the actual make up of the armies of the period.

Would prefer they stuck to the actual uniforms and armies that fought the battles.

+1 for being able to call for medic when you are downed.

Medic_Player -2m away
Medic_Player -7m away
Medic_Player -15m away
Medic_Player -20m away
...reeeeeeeee

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »
The big problem for me lies in that I enjoy playing semi realistic recreations of the real armies/battles that occurred.

Well, Battlefield games were always fun before authenticity or realism anyway. If you want that you're better off with either Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose or even Red Orchestra/Day of Infamy. I'll be disappointed if I can't jihad jeep some yanks für mein Führer.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 03:09:40 pm »
+1
Eh I don't need a lot of authenticity but in some areas like the soldiers/armies fighting it seems like a mistake not to use the actual units that would have been fighting.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 04:24:58 pm »
+2
looks like a BF1 reskin to me.

also, whats up with the painted faces and artificial limb? im not sure any english speaking nation had women in WW2. russia did but thats russia.

realistic? not really, not ever, not when theres an EA logo on it

i enjoyed 1942, vietnam and especially bad company 2. bf1 mixed feels

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 04:51:14 pm »
Yeah I would definitely not have opted for bright blue face paint being an option in the game nor would I have said that soldiers should have artificial metal limbs. If that stuff is just in the single player campaign then it wouldn't matter as much to me.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 05:13:19 pm »
Yeah I would definitely not have opted for bright blue face paint being an option in the game nor would I have said that soldiers should have artificial metal limbs. If that stuff is just in the single player campaign then it wouldn't matter as much to me.

It'll be in multiplayer so people that are disabled can show you that you have an able-bodied privilege even in the virtual world.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 07:42:06 pm »
+3
i enjoyed 1942, vietnam and especially bad company 2.

I haven't really enjoyed a bf game (or any multiplayer-based fps) since bad company 2. Maybe I'm just getting old...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 09:02:19 pm »
Bad Company 2 will always be my favorite Battlefield game, felt the most balanced to me, especially when it comes to soldiers and vehicles. In BF3 and BF4 it can be very hard to take out a tank / fighter jet due to them taking a lot more damage and specific upgrades that you unlock. In Bad Company 2 a tank was usually out of commission after 2 - 3 rpg rounds while in BF4 for example it can take 5, not to mention if you got a guy repairing it, no way you'll take it out alone.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 09:04:43 pm »
+1
Thank god I am not into shooter bullshit at all, unless its called BORDERLANDS
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 01:20:50 am »
It'll be in multiplayer so people that are disabled can show you that you have an able-bodied privilege even in the virtual world.

How funny would it be if it turned out the game actually gives you a disadvantage if you play a pirate or a woman.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:34 am »
How funny would it be if it turned out the game actually sends you 5 million dollars every time you kill someone xD BrokeBack
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth