Author Topic: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 05:40:07 am »
+5
wake me up when the pc bullshit has blown over.

Could be a long nap.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 05:53:33 am »
+5
Could be a long nap.

he'll be need'n a dirt nap
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 05:54:50 am »
+1
Well at least they put out, Taleworlds is making me wonder.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 08:49:02 am »
+5
It feels like "hey, let's make WW2, but let's make it DIFFERENT". Not authentic enough to be even remotely historically accurate, not weird enough to be a parody, just DifFerREnt.

Eh it's like Leesin said, it's just singleplayer SJW bullshit. Fit in all the weird PC shit so edgelords and SJ crusade is satisfied. And I do believe that the trailer was overblown with various ridiculous shit.

BF1 trailer was a lot better in comparison for example. Though in the end BF series was never about realism really, but DICE can make a good game and looking at the feature/changes list what they seem to be going for here is more immersion.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:21:21 am by Vibe »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 959
  • Infamy: 2662
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 02:03:12 pm »
More alt righters with adequate skills and talent willing to work in the game industry will change storylines to fit alt right taste. Until that happens you're stuck with the likes of Alan Kertz.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 02:42:46 pm »
+1
More alt righters with adequate skills and talent willing to work in the game industry will change storylines to fit alt right taste. Until that happens you're stuck with the likes of Alan Kertz.

Reality is alt-right now. "Alt-right" tastes, another great idiotic Leshman take.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2872
  • Infamy: 1764
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »
Not in the gaming industry, it isn't.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 03:30:46 pm »
...You just implied the only reason this game exists as it does is because of soyboy brainwashed retards inserting their ideological historical revisionism in games. This isn't "realism", and the only people who pretend it is are the aforementioned soyboys. You don't need to be "alt-right" to be insulted by this idiocy.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 07:53:32 am »
+1
fucken BFV ripoff

https://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/

(click to show/hide)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 06:31:55 pm »
+2
How far-left the Verge chooses to cover it (Polygon, unsurprisingly, came with a similar 'explanation' for its 'historicity'):

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/17388414/battlefield-v-fans-game-women-world-war-2-history
By Megan Farokhmanesh
DICE is returning to World War II with Battlefield V, and it’s doing so with the help of feeemales. Following the game’s reveal trailer and confirmation that it will include women, some fragile fans have confirmed they’ve never read a book by protesting what they see as “historical inaccuracy.” Please, keep your women out of my war games!
Online, this infantile cry has rallied around its own hashtag — #NotMyBattlefield — and it is full of users shrieking about political correctness. “Hey...good job making a shitty unrealistic SJW ‘WWII’ game!” wrote one on Twitter. “Seen the downvotes on your YouTube trailer video? You have til October to fix this shit and give us a realistic gritty WWII experience.” “Very disappointed with the new Battlefield trailer,” wrote another. “Blatant disregard for historical events and mindless political correctness. Sad to see a much loved franchise fall apart.” On YouTube and the game’s subreddit, the comments aren’t much better. “Genderfield V,” complains one, while another whines about “gender fluid mouth breathers in Sweden [shitting] out a revisionist history SJW game shitting on everything people like my grandpa fought for.”
It’s laughable to think that any modern video game based on a war is “historically accurate,” but even in this case, Battlefield isn’t off the mark. Women did fight in World War II, from the air force units known as the “Night Witches,” to secret agents like Nancy Wake. Lyudmila Pavlichenko is hailed as the most successful female sniper in history, as well as one of the top military snipers of all time with a credited 309 kills. Wanda Gertz began her military career during World War I and later commanded an all-female battalion in World War II. Young women enlisted in combat roles across the world. That a single British woman in the game’s reveal trailer has Battlefield players so riled up is willful ignorance that such a role could have ever existed in history.
This ugly, familiar line of thinking reared its head before when DICE dared to put a black man on the cover of Battlefield 1.
Battlefield V is yet another example of a game, a movie, a TV show, a cultural touchpoint that young, angry white men want to claim as their own.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 09:43:24 pm »
+2
I see a lot of talk about these Soviet female snipers, but has anyone actually looked into how the kills were confirmed, and/or heard non-biased eye witness accounts? Soviet Union was known for its propaganda and straight out lies, and those snipers were suspiciously photogenic. You have a ton of photos of Lyudmila clearly posing with a sniper rifle, how many of those exist of non-Soviet snipers? Probably not very many, you may have one or two shitty photos of them in the field where they clearly weren't the focus of a PR machine.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 09:49:29 am »
I can well believe it. You have women referenced as fighting all throughout history, but it seems to me, from what I've read, that it's always a fringe role. Like a sniper sitting - away from the actual fight - or in a situation where they can't flee. That's just a natural human instinct.
I've yet to hear of a conflict where women were the main fighting force and succeeded.
Guerrilla fighting and support roles? Sure.

Example
Following the death of Libuše, Vlasta leads a band of women against the male forces of Libuše's widower, Přemysl. Šárka, Vlasta's lieutenant, entraps a band of armed men led by Ctirad by tying herself to a tree and claiming that the rebel maidens tied her there and put a horn and a jug of mead out of reach to mock her. Ctirad believes her story and unties her from the tree, whereupon she pours the mead for the men as a celebratory thank you gift. Little do the men know that Šárka and the maidens have put a sleeping potion into the mead. When all the men have fallen asleep, Šárka blows the horn as a signal for the rebel maidens to come out of their hiding places and join her in slaughtering the men. She is captured and defeated along with the rest of the army soon afterward.

1200AD Chronica Boëmorum
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:49 am »
wake me up when the pc bullshit has blown over.

By that time we will all be living under Sharia law so probably best to stay asleep. Although there will be some nice things to look forward to, ie. Watching shemale cassi being decapitated live on Euronews and then it's mutilated body being dragged around the streets of vienna.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 12:21:24 pm »
To be fair, it doesn't sound too bad. Obviously their PR part of the development team seems to be super focused on pleasing the senzaviles, but looks like the actual part of the team focused on making the game is making a game.
Overall it's still a cheap move, they see indie games doing what they've done a long time ago and making it better, but they only go so far - and not going all the way, with all the resources they have, proves it's not a change of mindset and any sortof of mindfulness about how games affect the brain - children who play them namely - and is just a powermove and a social engineering design with profit in mind.
It might turn out anywhere from -1 to 1, who knows.
(click to show/hide)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 12:32:47 pm »
The gameplay changes sound very promissing. A lot of the things they have improved are things that actively bother me every time I play. So there is promise for the gameplay. I do think it could still be very fun to play as I have greatly enjoyed BF1.