Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried NoFap?  (Read 5437 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Has anyone ever tried NoFap?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 05:56:31 pm »
+3
Losers on medications lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 01:38:08 am »
+2
the chad scandi vs the virgin depressed yank

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 08:31:27 am »
+2
the chad scandi vs the virgin depressed yank

(click to show/hide)

Ive always wondered about it myself. Personally im strongly against them. I know doctors prescribe them and there has been research, but theres no way in hell, popping chemical pills that forcefully manipulate your moods, has zero longterm sideeffects to your mind.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 09:03:34 am »
+4
Ive always wondered about it myself. Personally im strongly against them. I know doctors prescribe them and there has been research, but theres no way in hell, popping chemical pills that forcefully manipulate your moods, has zero longterm sideeffects to your mind.

my biggest issue is generally SSRIs (or frankly any psychotropic medication) being prescribed for those under, lets say, the arbitrary age of 21. there do exist certain mental disorders that need medication in order to sustain quality of life (themselves and others around them) such as psychotic disorders or bi-polar I disorder.

i also do have an issue with people at least under the age of 18 smoking weed or drinking heavily- it isn't really just hatred for big pharma or anything.

i've been to one (1) mental health professional in my life. i could have probably easily fit a major depressive or bipolar II (think manic depressive) diagnosis, and not even shoehorning it much. i basically told the fella that i've still got life and career aspirations and i will bluntly refuse any official diagnosis or prescription of SSRI or tricyclic medications. kinda a weird psychiatrist, dude had a couple Roman pila hanging up and a nice set of armor in his office. he was surprisingly fine with my "demands" and understood my perspective. honestly, the guy didn't help me much, and "talk therapy" or whatever you'd call it wasn't his department. but he was a nice man, and certainly didn't harm me.

anyway, was prescribed an anti-epileptic medication sometimes used when SSRIs and similar don't work or are refused. i do forget the name, but it had the same effects that i read about in other anti-sadbrain pills. basically changed my demeanour from depressed, cynical, and kinda tired to depressed, apathetic, and REALLY tired.

i feel as though, in some sense, i simply needed more time, reading, and experience to grow into my own head, so to speak. certainly i've still got depressive tendencies and can correct for those if necessary. i recognize the feeling of what a pseudoscience person would call a depressive episode coming on, and have learned to correct for that. i need to collect my thoughts together, take some time, and write down some of the stuff.

ps: not too difficult to understand why someone would seek out medication for depressive symptoms; when you can't easily pinpoint a cause to work on (like shitty job, poor physical condition, etc) or when the cause seems immutable (shitty family) and they very sincerely wish they just hadn't woken up from their sleep the night before every single day
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:00:12 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 08:22:50 pm »
+3
America is tragically over-medicated by any metric. I would not only encourage people not to take medication prescribed to them, but to also stop taking medication prescribed to others via tap water.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 09:41:41 pm »

(click to show/hide)

My mom has sadbrains too and got better with SSRIs. I gave it a try because there's a lot of evidence that genetically related people benefit from the same SSRIs. She did try Chantix (varenicline) to quit smoking and developed debilitating agoraphobia/apathy until she quit, so I was kind of dipping my toe in the water with no faith that any good would come of it. After several years I've realized that I have SAD (lol what a perfect acronym) and as long as I make it through winter without taking a nap on a train track I'm good. It's not a vitamin D thing, I've done supplements and gotten plenty of sun during the winter months. I think it's tied to my circadian rhythm, which is incredibly fucked in general but it gets worse in winter.

The worst medication I ever took wasn't sadbrains pills though, it was trazodone as a sleep aid. It made me sleep 18+ hours a day and when awake I would stumble into walls and could not drive. I would not wish it on my worst enemies.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 10:56:08 pm »
My mom has sadbrains too and got better with SSRIs. I gave it a try because there's a lot of evidence that genetically related people benefit from the same SSRIs. She did try Chantix (varenicline) to quit smoking and developed debilitating agoraphobia/apathy until she quit, so I was kind of dipping my toe in the water with no faith that any good would come of it. After several years I've realized that I have SAD (lol what a perfect acronym) and as long as I make it through winter without taking a nap on a train track I'm good. It's not a vitamin D thing, I've done supplements and gotten plenty of sun during the winter months. I think it's tied to my circadian rhythm, which is incredibly fucked in general but it gets worse in winter.

The worst medication I ever took wasn't sadbrains pills though, it was trazodone as a sleep aid. It made me sleep 18+ hours a day and when awake I would stumble into walls and could not drive. I would not wish it on my worst enemies.

traz actually works for you?? what dosage were you taking because i'm on 100mg and i'm still lucky to get 6 hours of sleep in a night
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:20 pm »
Yeah it was 100mg, I think it was an adverse effect but nothing in my life has fucked me up as bad as that shit.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 11:32:39 pm »
my GP gave it to me as a sleep aid because apparently they don't want to give 20 year olds benzos but wow i almost wish it fucked me up like that
Dear traxits
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 05:27:25 am »
my GP gave it to me as a sleep aid because apparently they don't want to give 20 year olds benzos but wow i almost wish it fucked me up like that

i would not recommend ambien use if you get prescribed that. zolpidem is fucking weird dude, you can seriously never tell how a motherfucker will react to that when prescribing it

truinsomniacs understand that melatonin is not nearly powerful enough so that sucks too. honestly, a DUDE WEED LMAO solution might even be best

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 08:46:06 am »
+1
You people are ruining your bodies with chemicals. God gave Man everything he needs to go about his business. And if you have sadbrains, then God gave you those as well. Embrace it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 02:37:39 pm »
i would not recommend ambien use if you get prescribed that. zolpidem is fucking weird dude, you can seriously never tell how a motherfucker will react to that when prescribing it

truinsomniacs understand that melatonin is not nearly powerful enough so that sucks too. honestly, a DUDE WEED LMAO solution might even be best

melatonin is the most worthless substance ever, i have tried the weed sleepies but even white widow indica couldn't tell my insomnia to fuck off
Dear traxits
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »
Melatonin is great but proper usage does require some intelligence.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 03:52:32 pm »
Melatonin is great but proper usage does require some intelligence.

why are u still posting here
Dear traxits
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 05:20:32 pm »