Author Topic: Just some fun facts about the corrazinas no one will care about  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Just some fun facts about the corrazinas no one will care about
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 11:25:20 am »
+2
Holy shit retards still bringing up Agincourt because it's the only medieval battle they've ever heard about. You realize full plate was basically just starting to exist, largely amoung italian mercenaries and rich aristocrats, when Agincourt happened? Why is it that ignorant tards always point to this one battle, in a war which the english lost?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hundred_Years%27_War_battles

Oh hey gais I've determined the english use of the longbow was completely useless, moronic and obsolete based entirely on the battle of Patay.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 12:46:27 pm »
Have a look at the history section. The hostility is very needed, because this exact subject comes up again and again and again, from the same tards who think anglo pop culture is a substitute for actual historical knowledge. Lol plate armor became obsolete just as it was being addopted and starting to reach its apogee/golden age. It's so beyond wrong there's no arguement to be made beyond derision.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 06:47:26 pm »
Yes, the knights played a big role in Agincourt.  And the french knights were not 'dying of heat exhaustion', instead they stupidly charged the well entrenched positions of the english, through muddy ground. That's a death trap whether you wear armor or not. And the archers were not the only ones there, surprise. The English dismounted knights helped a fair bit.

1. Stop saying 30-60. It's 25-30 at max. And no, it won't kill you. People fall of horses all the time in jousting armor, which is quite a bit heavier. They're fine.

2. Yes, I totally agree. That is, with the visor down. Which was likely only done in lance charges and when getting shot by arrows. Otherwise, the visors were up.

3. Not enough for it to matter over the protection you get

4. Not really. In fact, the armor says "Don't kill me, I have lots of money. Ransom me!" Sure, a priority target. But for other reasons. And that still doesn't mean they'd actually be able to do anything to you. Especially if they were peasants. Wouldn't stand a chance.

5. No it doesn't

6.You don't march with armor on, you march with the armor off. Then you put the armor on, and go to battle. And even if you did march with it on for whatever reason, it would be fine. Just ask anyone who owns an authentic set. An authentic set, not a cheap badly made one.

So after watching some of these HEMA battle videos of people fighting in plate armor you can clearly see these enthusiasts are sometimes completely gassed out in just 30 seconds of "combat" dragging their weapons lazily and completely losing all footwork and defensive posture. At the most i've seen these guys fight for a couple minutes without looking like they are gasping for air and losing all martial coordination.  :lol:

Sure people on average were in better shape back in the medieval era, but cmon, just show me a video of people fighting for 15-20 minutes straight without armor and then come back and tell me that wearing 30-60kg is no big deal and not cumbersome.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:06:14 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Immortales
  • Game nicks: Deus_Immortalis
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »
+1
30-60kg

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So after watching some of these HEMA battle videos of people fighting in plate armor you can clearly see these enthusiasts are sometimes completely gassed out in just 30 seconds of "combat" dragging their weapons lazily and completely losing all footwork and defensive posture. At the most i've seen these guys fight for a couple minutes without looking like they are gasping for air and losing all martial coordination.  :lol:

Sure people on average were in better shape back in the medieval era, but cmon, just show me a video of people fighting for 15-20 minutes straight without armor and then come back and tell me that wearing 30-60kg is no big deal and not cumbersome.

What HEMA people fighting in plate armor? HEMA is unarmored.
If you mean other guys, not many people have authentic plate armor around. They also fight with the visors down for safety reasons, which is not historical
And believe me, a visor up makes all the difference
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 07:16:35 pm »
+1
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What HEMA people fighting in plate armor? HEMA is unarmored.
If you mean other guys, not many people have authentic plate armor around. They also fight with the visors down for safety reasons, which is not historical
And believe me, a visor up makes all the difference

I want to recruit some of these superstar omegalul knights to fight in MMA since fighters there following scientifically proven nutritional diet plans and workouts can only last 5 minutes in the ring without a round break and you're telling me that wearing 60kg of armor + weaponry is ez.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 07:20:01 pm »
+5
Yeah, how can they even walk in >90kg equipment? It's crazy!

I mean have you ever tried putting on a 120kg suit? That's leaving home with an American on your back.

Come on, guys. You can't fight with >150kg armor. That's just stupid.

Seriously.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 08:19:00 pm »
How much do you think the average modern infantryman carries? And that is even more cumbersome than armor would've been because of the weight distribution.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2018, 08:28:39 pm »
+1
How much do you think the average modern infantryman carries? And that is even more cumbersome than armor would've been because of the weight distribution.

All your combat strength comes from your legs, and wearing armor having weight on your legs would greatly impede your ability to fight. The top weight distribution wouldn't be the problem. Your body would also need to expend much more energy with the added weight.

oh look there was a study done on this

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14204717

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:39:17 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2018, 08:38:22 pm »
+2
I mean I'm a fat as fuck merican and i can and have done hour long sieges before with near constant fighting with 200+ people in them. Manning the gate with a 10ft spear the whole time fighting off wave after wave. I'm sure people who actually work out could easily hold up way better than me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2018, 08:38:54 pm »
I want to recruit some of these superstar omegalul knights to fight in MMA since fighters there following scientifically proven nutritional diet plans and workouts can only last 5 minutes in the ring without a round break and you're telling me that wearing 60kg of armor + weaponry is ez.

so you are telling us that it doesnt matter if a fighter uses armor or not? it will still get tired after few minutes? Then i would gladily put some armor on, i prefer to be tired and protected rather than tired and unprotected

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 08:41:38 pm »
so you are telling us that it doesnt matter if a fighter uses armor or not? it will still get tired after few minutes? Then i would gladily put some armor on, i prefer to be tired and protected rather than tired and unprotected

You wouldn't tire as quickly as if you were wearing lighter armor. And moving quickly keeping in formation would be more important than being a omeglul duelist hero, if you were isolated in combat or broken from your formation you would be mobbed down and killed quickly no mater how much armor you have, there is much higher chance of that happening if your body is physically exhausted and incapable of moving, which is why the majority of fully armored Knights fought on horseback.

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2018, 08:54:11 pm »
+1
All your combat strength comes from your legs, and wearing armor having weight on your legs would greatly impede your ability to fight. The top weight distribution wouldn't be the problem. Your body would also need to expend much more energy with the added weight.

oh look there was a study done on this

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14204717

And that study was the dumbest study I've seen to date.

They used armor which was neither well districuted, too heavy for the user, and basically out all that fucking weight on the shoulders and the legs. Ofc you'd get tired

I'm tired of arguing with you. I know of people who own armor, and who say that it's no issue to wear is for extended periods of time. I'm gonna believe that far more than I'm gonna believe some random guy on the internet.
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
You wouldn't tire as quickly as if you were wearing lighter armor. And moving quickly keeping in formation would be more important than being a omeglul duelist hero, if you were isolated in combat or broken from your formation you would be mobbed down and killed quickly no mater how much armor you have, there is much higher chance of that happening if your body is physically exhausted and incapable of moving, which is why the majority of fully armored Knights fought on horseback.

No, if you're wearing that armor you have:

1. Less chance to get killed
2. And if they managed to immobilize you, they'd try to take you alive

win-win situation.
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2018, 08:57:03 pm »
And that study was the dumbest study I've seen to date.

They used armor which was neither well districuted, too heavy for the user, and basically out all that fucking weight on the shoulders and the legs. Ofc you'd get tired

I'm tired of arguing with you. I know of people who own armor, and who say that it's no issue to wear is for extended periods of time. I'm gonna believe that far more than I'm gonna believe some random guy on the internet.

Oh a test done by a medieval Historical community  backed by an actual University's scientific proof isn't enough??? LOL

The proof is in the science bro. They even mention your exact false claims of properly made armor not impairing activity would still cause major energy expenditure and restrict normal breathing.

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2018, 09:12:10 pm »
Oh a test done by a medieval Historical community  backed by an actual University's scientific proof isn't enough??? LOL

The proof is in the science bro. They even mention your exact false claims of properly made armor not impairing activity would still cause major energy expenditure and restrict normal breathing.

'medieval historic community' my ass

If we take a look at the armor they used you can immediately see it wasn't authentic. Those were scientists, who knew their stuff when it came down to measuring. They didn't know jack shit about armors, and it's easy to see

First off, they already said they were using armors that weigh 50 kilos. Which is bollocks, because no combat armor ever found has weighed 50 kilos. They have weighed around 25. That's half

Second off, they said that it was uncomfortable to wear.

Which also means tat the armor was completely wrong, because armor was made to be comfortable. People who own authentic armor state it to be comfortable to wear, move and fight in.

So who am I gonna believe? A bunch of scientists whit no expertise in the medieval armors, or the worlds leading armor expert Tobias Capwell and what he is saying? I think I'm gonna go with the armor expert
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe