Poll

What would you rather lose?

levels
18 (46.2%)
looms
21 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 08, 2018, 07:27:25 am

Author Topic: What would you rather lose...  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
What would you rather lose...
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:27:25 am »
+1
Levels or looms?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: What would you rather lose...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:47:48 am »
I don't think it is the right question. It's more like do you want to have full armoury and empty servers, becouse this way next chance to have decent amount of players online might be if Bannerlord fails.
I stated it before and I do believe that fresh start might attract players to join, and most likely will. I am not that attached to anything that I have in the game, both looms and lvls I am willing to "sacrifice" if there is a slight chance to have solid playerbase.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:47:22 am »
I would gladly give up every unused loompoint(14) and every mw item(49) I have to keep a level 35 char and to let every player new and old have a level 35 char.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:48:05 am »
I always hated grinding my way back up after retiring, so levels. cRPG is boring until you get to around level 25.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 08:51:55 am »
I always hated grinding my way back up after retiring, so levels. cRPG is boring until you get to around level 25.
If you always hated grinding back up  why would you want to give up levels over looms? I was refering to giving up the high level characters you have already ground out over giving up all your looms/mw items

sry my query was vague

I guess what I was trying to say is I think higher level characters w/o looms have more of an advantage over lower level characters with looms
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:59:22 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 01:00:06 pm »
+1
Quite frankly if I lost all of my looms or someone decided to make everyone have a lvl 35 build This would cause me to never play again.

Disclaimer I am an entitled whiny cunt and I earned my shit removing my shit would lead to me and like-minded players never looking at cRPG again lol If this is the course of action you want then, by all means, go for it. I'm just a balancer I'm quite sure I won't be missed at all.

maybe some partial wipe would be most ideal. The day the market was implemented was the day gold and looms started to not make sense. I remember when I was the only dumbass with a +3 stick and it was because people had to actually retire and most wouldn't waste looms on such a weapon.

Maybe wipe looms and give people 1 lp for each gen they have? which would practically only harm people that only earned their looms via gold.  This would more than half my current loom pool I have and maybe an entire gold wipe is in question to make gold relevant again? fuck if ik. A wipe might only hurt more than you intend.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:05:26 pm by Nightingale »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 01:32:40 pm »

Disclaimer I am an entitled whiny cunt and I earned my shit removing my shit would lead to me and like-minded players never looking at cRPG again

Accurate. Nab who wasn't around for all the other times cRPG got wiped crying bundle of sticks tears about their precious hard "work" being lost. What's the point of lvl 35 chars and looms and cool new armor and weapons if their only use is to coddle your pathetic sense of illusory "wealth"? You sure as fuck aren't going to be using it to, you know, actually play the fucking game, since it's so overwhelmingly dead.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 02:18:20 pm »
I was around when cRPG was wiped I've been playing this mod since before dedicated NA servers so take your superiority complex crap out of here. I -did- earn most of my shit by you know actually playing the game. a partial wipe would be ideal compared to a full wipe is all I am saying.

at least I am a self-aware whiny cunt as opposed to a delusional old bundle of sticks that pretends no one could possibly be as old him.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 02:33:07 pm »
+1
Protip Nightingayle - this is what the Mighty Bloberyn actually is:

(click to show/hide)

...so you better not mess around with him or you'll get shred to pieces.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 03:17:57 pm »
I was around when cRPG was wiped I've been playing this mod since before dedicated NA servers so take your superiority complex crap out of here. I -did- earn most of my shit by you know actually playing the game.

This is true. We both started around the same time and subsequently joined the same "first clan we'd ever been in" together.

I think if player base got wiped of looms and levels the idea that we should get an LP for every gen we'd previously retired would be a good idea. That way people aren't losing everything they've already ground but getting a fresh start along with, hopefully, new players that have stayed away because of how unbalanced certain high level builds have made the mod.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 04:21:17 pm »
Protip Nightingayle - this is what the Mighty Bloberyn actually is:

(click to show/hide)

...so you better not mess around with him or you'll get shred to pieces.

He sure is ugly isn't he.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 04:37:07 pm »
delusional old bundle of sticks that pretends no one could possibly be as old him.

Unless Variag suddenly appears again then yes, this is absolutely true. cRPG has been wiped 4 times. The proportion of bundle of sticks admins and devs enamoured of the results of their "hard work" (lol) completely explains why cRPG is the way it is right now, why the simple and effective cyclical wipe has been bypassed again and again for irrational tinkering with balance and items as if it could somehow deal with the underlying problem. Result, cRPG is dead and gay, good job.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 07:49:58 pm »
Quite frankly if I lost all of my looms or someone decided to make everyone have a lvl 35 build This would cause me to never play again.

Disclaimer I am an entitled whiny cunt and I earned my shit removing my shit would lead to me and like-minded players never looking at cRPG again lol If this is the course of action you want then, by all means, go for it. I'm just a balancer I'm quite sure I won't be missed at all.

maybe some partial wipe would be most ideal. The day the market was implemented was the day gold and looms started to not make sense. I remember when I was the only dumbass with a +3 stick and it was because people had to actually retire and most wouldn't waste looms on such a weapon.

Maybe wipe looms and give people 1 lp for each gen they have? which would practically only harm people that only earned their looms via gold.  This would more than half my current loom pool I have and maybe an entire gold wipe is in question to make gold relevant again? fuck if ik. A wipe might only hurt more than you intend.

I only said "give all level 35's" because it wouldn't bother me to give the same footing to others esp new players who will never close the gap, as long as I dont have to regrind it all out again. I dont really care about my loomed items, I care about the extra att/skill points.

My main Asheram is lvl 34 with 200mill xp to lvl 35, he is also 61 gens, so if they use your suggestion I would still have 61 loompoints for him, 25 loompoints for Skillless who is 25 gens, 17 loompoints for Warclock and 17 loompoints for Runs with Scissors, that would make the total 120 lp that makes 40 mw items. Currently I have 49 mw items and 14 unused loompoints.

So if this theoretical way of the wipe happened I would only lose 9 mw items and 14 unused loompoints but I would still quit the game and never look at it again if I had to regrind out levels again esp in the current system. If this was still pod and level 35 was still the retirement level then yeah I would still play even if all was wiped and no looms for gens were given because I had fun at the lvl 34 stage that leads up to the lvl 35 retirement level. I cant say that I have the same amount of fun at the current lvl 30 stage that leads up to the lvl 31 retirement lvl, Dead_Wight is at that stage- lvl 30 with 0 loomed items.
PENDULUM

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »
MA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMZZ GET AWAY FROM MY PRECIOUS LOOOMMZZZ

Offline gallonigher