Author Topic: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets  (Read 19381 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2018, 10:05:56 pm »
meant to respond to you but it totally slipped my mind. gave your character a free respec, let me know if that doesn't fix the problem. as far as I can tell respecs are giving out the correct amount of skill/atr points.
Ok ty, would make sense seeing as how it didnt change til I repecced  last time. I will get back to you if it doesnt work.
It worked thank you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:14:57 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2018, 11:22:25 pm »
+4
I was surprised that my level 35 had more skill points than expected, I can now create perfect builds again.

Shields are also as strong as they ever should be. If they become problematic, they'll get nerfed.

Edit:

There were quite a few things I was thinking of for the shield changes. I was wondering why shielder doesn't seem to be as good as 2h/polearm (but it was close). In fact, a pure 1h no shield build is very strong despite lower damage from 1h weapons.

Despite being quite useful, shields are naturally balanced by their weight, speed not being as fast as a manual block, axes, crushthrough, nudging turtlers, etc. It took quite a bit of shield skill before a shield becomes very useful. Over the years, this was slightly altered with increasing low tier shield durability and decreasing shield difficulties.

I came to two conclusions:
-For the really durable/large shields, the encumbrance was too high to be worth lugging them around most of the time.
Many of them are still capable of getting pierced by a +3 arbalest. I felt that tightening the weight differences between shields so that there is a steady curve from 2 weight to 8 weight will offer enough of a variety without making a shield feel too useless because of its weight. They are already balanced by poor shield speed, which can be made up for with good shield skill.

The biggest concern was crushthrough, but I **think** that it is still affected by factors such as shield armor as well. I don't think making weight so high just for CT was too great because then you just become slower than the mauler anyways.

-Increase the effectiveness of shield skill.
We were getting to a point where the opposite may have happened - Str-based shield skill difficulties, making shield skill useless. By making shield skill agi/6 and difficulties 1-3, it will still take some effort to max shield skill based on your build. Even if you have a 12-15 agi build, you can still allocate those extra 2 stat points to more IF (which helps STR builds more). 1 to 3 is also the most straightforward path to better shields. Before, there were only like 8 1-difficulty shields. Now there are decent amounts of each difficulty shield.

If anything becomes too strong, it can be altered/nerfed. I hope not since the max shield skill hasn't really changed or it's worse, such as 3, 9, 15, 21, and 27 agi builds.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:44:57 pm by San »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36:16 pm »
I have lost 3 MW since the update....
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 12:39:08 am »
+3
Finally reaching melee only server population, but hold up, where is the population? How come all the other mods with strong ranged still are doing fine?

Maybe ranged isnt nerfed hard enough yet.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:49 am »
+1
So 35 still gets skill points? Because I didnt get skill points.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 05:32:01 am »
A Masterworked Arbalest and Masterworked Steel Bolts does 3 and a half bars of damage to me.  A Horse Archer does the same damage.  A STR archer does half my entire health bar.

Wut is dis crazy world I've stepped into?

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2018, 05:34:41 am »
+5
No no; Silver we only talk about how OP xbows are on this forum this is ur only warning.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2018, 09:51:21 am »
Could heavy shields receive some kind of buff against crushthrough? I didn't realize weight was first reduced many, many, many patches ago, and I had been wondering why I couldn't stand against the plague of long maulers that were roaming around when the mod was revived. Even though weight was reduced, being able to block mauls should still be a benefit of the heavier shields. It was a nice little bonus to have, and it gave maulers something to have to play around.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2018, 10:07:26 am »
+2
i will take few days to think about it but i will probably quit the mod and ask for a permaban to never come again

Crossbows get nerfed again, this time with heavy restrictions for hybrids
Blackbow: it's not enough! more nerfs! more more!

Throwing gets a nerf that will probably be adjusted with coming patches
Blackbow: You DARE nerf something I use? This is bullshit! Favoritism! I quit!

Do us all a favor

The mod will be better off when we have fewer people crying for nerfs.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:11:54 am by Gristle »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2018, 03:36:16 pm »
+1
Could heavy shields receive some kind of buff against crushthrough? I didn't realize weight was first reduced many, many, many patches ago, and I had been wondering why I couldn't stand against the plague of long maulers that were roaming around when the mod was revived. Even though weight was reduced, being able to block mauls should still be a benefit of the heavier shields. It was a nice little bonus to have, and it gave maulers something to have to play around.

Reduced weight -> easier to handle crushthrough in all situations bar pushing walls or breaches in sieges
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2018, 04:21:49 pm »
+3

If CT is really a problem, one idea here could be to use a custom shield parry event that negates damage from crushthrough.

pseudocode:

IF victim is damaged
AND attack from dealer was crushthrough
AND victim blocked with shield
AND victim shield weight & shield skill trumps dealer weapon weight & powerstrike
AND victim blocking anim was in a specific frame window (not too early or too late - thus parry)
THEN set received damage for victim to zero

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2018, 05:12:12 pm »
If CT is really a problem, one idea here could be to use a custom shield parry event that negates damage from crushthrough.

pseudocode:

IF victim is damaged
AND attack from dealer was crushthrough
AND victim blocked with shield
AND victim shield weight & shield skill trumps dealer weapon weight & powerstrike
AND victim blocking anim was in a specific frame window (not too early or too late - thus parry)
THEN set received damage for victim to zero

Cool idea, right now I've noticed a lot more maulers running around and right now the only actualy tactic to beat them is just mashing left click because you can't block the nudge CT combo they have.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2018, 03:21:35 am »
Reduced weight -> easier to handle crushthrough in all situations bar pushing walls or breaches in sieges

I used to be able to block it. Stop it entirely. Bounce it off my shield as if it were any other attack. That was easier to handle. I might be slightly more nimble now, but I don't think this buff to crushthrough was intended.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2018, 10:03:28 am »
+3
Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:28:24 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2018, 04:09:29 pm »
+1

In any 'large' teamfight in an open field you can't always monitor what enemy types are attacking you or from where. Most you don't get a chance to notice until they're right up next to you mid-swing. Any weapon besides one with CT can be blocked reliably by a shielder in this scenario, hence why they are good in teamfights, but once a mauler gets within swinging distance, there is no escape for a shielder. With my 8 athletics and light leather armor, even I am an unable to turn tail and run away from a fully-plated mauler, simply because they have momentum on their side. Any reduced weight has thus far unfortunately gone quite unnoticed in actual gameplay.

Edit: Assuming I'm interpreting things correctly, having 4 shield skill should be equivalent to having 8 with the old system, correct? Because when I last played I was getting hit with arrows in the shin which didn't happen before when I had 5 shield skill. Are the forcefields working as intended with the new shield skill system? It seems as though mine has shrunk, if anything.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:28:08 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador