Yes!
51 (56%)
No!
32 (35.2%)
Other (please leave a comment)
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 01:55:05 pm

Author Topic: New balancers team.  (Read 9271 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: New balancers team.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:28 am »
+1
We need to remove reverse chambering that is the real scourge of cRPG

dont forget reverse fist chambering

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 04:51:44 pm »
Xbow has received massive nerfs since this balance team started implementing changes more nerfed than its ever been. Yet the delusional among you still, unsurprisingly, think I'm buffing my class. Truly hilarious EU players never fail to entertain.

Instead of being appreciative that we actively chat with players take their suggestions and ideas and implement them if possible. It's exactly what I did. Now you are saying we need to add Dave to the Item team. That makes 3 xbowmen Item balancers? Practically 100% of Dave's suggestions were added into the recent xbow patch except for the accuracy buff on arbalest. Now if he wants to help out he can most certainly message me and I'll chat with him about xbows further I have no problem with doing so but pretending I don't listen to feedback is insane.

It's been our agenda to fix agility archery since day 1. We have reached some impassible discussions our varying opinions on the philosophy of accuracy and rng factors in ranged gameplay its still being discussed and its still going nowhere. Balancing isn't just implementing and definitely don't expect anyone thank you for your time either. Most will just whine and accuse you of buffing your class while you have very clearly nerfed it. Unfortunately, those people that claim buff are just too ignorant. Yet request an invitation to join the item balancing team as if they are some expert. Everyone seemingly knows everything and no one else does. That is all of your opinions summed up in one sentence and it is incredibly idiotic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MASSIVE NERFS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA
yea xbows now cant kill guy with 40 armor to the body with one shoot like 1 month ago but still they do to 35 armor, thats a massive nerf yea.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 05:07:50 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MASSIVE NERFS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA
yea xbows now cant kill guy with 40 armor to the body with one shoot like 1 month ago but still they do to 35 armor, thats a massive nerf yea.

it's the biggest nerf xbow ever had so far so he's not wrong yo

imo it still needs a bit more str requirement and then balancers are fine to tackle other classes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 05:10:31 pm »
+5

You probably dont play xbow.
It is a massive nerf to them.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 06:51:07 pm »
You probably dont play xbow.
It is a massive nerf to them.

I played that shit a bit, its ez as fuck. Its the easiest shit I ever played right after thrower

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 08:46:54 pm »
+2
I played that shit a bit, its ez as fuck. Its the easiest shit I ever played right after thrower

Throwing's absolutely awful in cRPG o.O
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2018, 08:53:38 pm »
+2
Throwing's absolutely awful in cRPG o.O

you just get 155 wpf, throwing lances(6 hidden in your pants), daggers(24 on your dick) and stay behind the players who fight and aim for heads = easy kills, if you miss you run around and pick all stuff back and repeat. Tutorial for thrower, you are welcome

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2018, 05:24:55 am »
+1
@Gandalf if you think you should be invulnerable to range damage at 35 body armor something is wrong with you and you are disgracing EU by representing them.

Changes I'm responsible for for the xbows since a couple of years back.
Increase in strength requirement to 16 and 13.
Decrease in steel bolt count from 13 to 7
Decrease in bolt count from 17 to 10
Increase slot requirement on xbows. to 3 and then later to 4 for arb
Decrease in slot requirement on ammo (obvious reasons for this change *look at above change if ur retarded*)
Decrease in Accuracy.
A decrease in available side arms.
(click to show/hide)
Increase in cost and upkeep.
Decrease in strength requirement from 16 to 15 and 13 to 12.

so yes - "hahahahaha" I nerfed the hell out of xbow you fucking inbred.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2018, 05:31:47 am »
+1
How do you balance a ranged vs melee character?

1v1? lol. In battle? By not having 80% of ranged on the same team. It happens way too often, even the ranged players are saying it themselves. 0 wpf xbow needs to be fixed too, but that's actually a nerf to melee players.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2018, 08:30:49 am »
+1
@Gandalf if you think you should be invulnerable to range damage at 35 body armor something is wrong with you and you are disgracing EU by representing them.

Changes I'm responsible for for the xbows since a couple of years back.
Increase in strength requirement to 16 and 13.
Decrease in steel bolt count from 13 to 7
Decrease in bolt count from 17 to 10
Increase slot requirement on xbows. to 3 and then later to 4 for arb
Decrease in slot requirement on ammo (obvious reasons for this change *look at above change if ur retarded*)
Decrease in Accuracy.
A decrease in available side arms.
(click to show/hide)
Increase in cost and upkeep.
Decrease in strength requirement from 16 to 15 and 13 to 12.

so yes - "hahahahaha" I nerfed the hell out of xbow you fucking inbred.

My friend, all those nerfs were and are still useless, what you and the previous balancers team, failed to realise, PAY ATTENTION NOW.

BOWS AND CROSSBOWS, ARENT OVERPOWERED, QUITTE THE OPPOSITE, IF I WAS IN BALANCERS TEAM, I WOULD SUGGEST A BUFF TO THEIR STATS.

THE PROBLEM IS, THEIR NUMBERS.

THEIR.
NUMBERS.

3 ARCHERS ON ONE TEAM OF 20~ PEOPLE, IS OK.

10 ARCHERS ON A TEAM OF 20 PEOPLE, IS NOT OK.

HENCE MY REQUEST OF RANGED CAP.

So, my dear neckbearded friend, instead of hurling insults , see the goddamn forest, not the tree.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2018, 08:45:28 am »
+3
So how do you make a ranged cap?

A slot system, where there is like 20% cap per team on bow/xbow ranged? If you come too late, you can still spawn but without your ranged equip. Same for cav, latecomers spawn without mounts. We will probably have some crusaders then, while being inf melee "jamming" slots with donkeys and crap launchers for the lulz. How will it work with banner balance or auto-balance in general? Is there a better way than assigning slots by "first come first served"?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 09:55:33 am »

A slot system, where there is like 20% cap per team on bow/xbow ranged? If you come too late, you can still spawn but without your ranged equip. Same for cav, latecomers spawn without mounts. We will probably have some crusaders then, while being inf melee "jamming" slots with donkeys and crap launchers for the lulz. How will it work with banner balance or auto-balance in general? Is there a better way than assigning slots by "first come first served"?

don't worry about it paul - a better man is doing your job now, your ideas are redundant and you can retire

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 10:56:42 am »

My friend, all those nerfs were and are still useless, what you and the previous balancers team, failed to realise, PAY ATTENTION NOW.

BOWS AND CROSSBOWS, ARENT OVERPOWERED, QUITTE THE OPPOSITE, IF I WAS IN BALANCERS TEAM, I WOULD SUGGEST A BUFF TO THEIR STATS.

THE PROBLEM IS, THEIR NUMBERS.

THEIR.
NUMBERS.

3 ARCHERS ON ONE TEAM OF 20~ PEOPLE, IS OK.

10 ARCHERS ON A TEAM OF 20 PEOPLE, IS NOT OK.

HENCE MY REQUEST OF RANGED CAP.

So, my dear neckbearded friend, instead of hurling insults , see the goddamn forest, not the tree.

10 competent shielders beats 10 competent archers
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2018, 11:06:38 am »
+1
I wasn't talking to you Panos. I don't classify you as delusional.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2018, 11:10:07 am »
+1

Native has already a built in cap system, why not use the same?

2 ranged per 10 people is more than enough i think.

I wasn't talking to you Panos. I don't classify you as delusional.

My apologies then!

10 competent shielders beats 10 competent archers

So, thats your solution to the problem? Everyone should respec to shielders so a bunch of robin hood/legolas wannabes can have their "fun"?

And dont speak about the 0 shield skill shields, because they are shit, you saw it yourself last night, even though I was "protecting" myself, I still got shot.

So yeah, IMO a ranged cap is a must, or sooner or later c-rpg will be dead again, wether you like it or not.