Author Topic: War Bow (Less HAs?)  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
War Bow (Less HAs?)
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:07:34 am »
So, most of you hate horse archers, right? And not many people use War Bow, right (partly because of the skin)? I think one of the factors that caused a massive increase in horse archers is that the War Bow (changed look) and was changed to two slots.

The War Bow does more damage than the Strong Bow, and it's slower and less accurate (due to the increased requirement of Power Draw). Since people may want a melee weapon that's not a hatchet or a hammer, they went with Strong Bow. BUT, "Hey I have a Strong Bow, hmm... I could go HORSE ARCHER."

Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things, but I really think it would be a fair and balanced idea to move the War Bow back to taking one slot only. It does cut damage just like the other bows, and Long Bow does pierce.

What do you guys think?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: War Bow (Less HAs?)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:56:41 am »
I agree that the 1 slot strong bow is a strong reason why we have so many HA, but I think you're going about reducing the influx of HA the wrong way.

Make Khergit and Strong bow both 2 slots, and increase the damage on the warbow by 2. Foot bowmen become more attractive, mounted ones become less attractive.

Alternatively, a new 1 slot bow that cannot be used on horseback could be another option.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:25 am »
I agree that the 1 slot strong bow is a strong reason why we have so many HA, but I think you're going about reducing the influx of HA the wrong way.

Make Khergit and Strong bow both 2 slots, and increase the damage on the warbow by 2. Foot bowmen become more attractive, mounted ones become less attractive.

Alternatively, a new 1 slot bow that cannot be used on horseback could be another option.

That would be changing two bows that wouldn't ever have taken two slots each to two slots. My idea only changes an arguably two slot bow into just one slot.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:53 am »
Is this because of the epic horde of HA's earlier today? If so, there really isn't a problem. I'm sure it was more a matter of "Hey, there are two HA's on my team, and I have a HA alt... Let's make this lulzy!" That's certainly what I was thinking, when I switched to my HA alt and began making my enemies rage.

Otherwise I really don't see any sort of HA problem. Perhaps I do not play enough.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:07 am »
The easiest solution is to CD key ban and delete the characters of all those who place points in HA skill or have done in the past.

Thoughts/Suggestions welcome.
Turtles

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:30:50 am »
Is this because of the epic horde of HA's earlier today? If so, there really isn't a problem. I'm sure it was more a matter of "Hey, there are two HA's on my team, and I have a HA alt... Let's make this lulzy!" That's certainly what I was thinking, when I switched to my HA alt and began making my enemies rage.

Otherwise I really don't see any sort of HA problem. Perhaps I do not play enough.

I don't have a problem with horse archers, but a lot of other people do. It's not beacuse of hordes of them that I made this suggestion. I just want to use a weapon when I use my War Bow, and I thought it would be fair if it was one slot.

I actually don't mind the increasing numbers of horse archers, because most of them suck. But a lot of other people would appreciate it if they'd decrease in numbers, and they'd stop (less) QQing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:32:45 am by Miley »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:58 pm »
Seriously? An influx of HA? :lol:

99.9% of the time there's rarely more than 2HA on a team. Often there's only 1 per team.

However, I am for the Warbow taking 1 slot. Either that or change it to pierce damage. Personally I don't think 4 extra cut damage is enough to mean it's two slots, especially when it is slower over all.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:34:32 pm »
I think that what you said has nothing to do with the amount of HAs...Horse archery is a hard proffesion, very hard, most people suck at it...a lot of HA are more of mounted archers (move -> stop -> shoot -> move -> stop -> shoot --and so on) and in my opinion, this are very easy targets for other ranged player, so let them come :D

As for the warbow, you get 1+ accuracy and +2 missile speed. +2 missile speed makes a big difference imo...

If anything I would increase cut to 30 - that way you can give up a longbow for faster kills for low-mid tier players

The good thing (also bad in a way - lack of choice lookswise) about archery is that the top three bows can be effective as foot archers, you dont have to have longbow if you dont like warbow, you can still have PD6, have a strongbow, do more damage and hold your crosshair for longer...

P.S: Why wouldnt you want to have that lovely pierce damage from a longbow anyway???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:20 pm »
Seriously? An influx of HA? :lol:

99.9% of the time there's rarely more than 2HA on a team. Often there's only 1 per team.

Overdriven has said it all. Once there were 3 HAs for two teams. Some ground pounder immediately started complaining about the increase in HAs. It was ridiculous. I almost never see more than 2 HAs per team, but for 2 handers who refuse to bring a shield, 3 HA for 2 teams (total of60-70 people in server) is apparently 3 HA too many. I do keep track of number of HA, since a HA is a priority target. Why don't anyone complain about the massive numbers of 2 hands and polearms? Obviously because they are the polearms/2 handers.

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 03:48:35 pm »
You guys make conspirations about Horse Archers that Göbbels would beg for the recipe of these ideas x)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:59:51 pm »
The easiest solution is to CD key ban and delete the characters of all those who place points in HA skill or have done in the past.

This is the most straightforward solution and would obviously increase the overall happiness of players :mrgreen:

Overdriven has said it all. Once there were 3 HAs for two teams. Some ground pounder immediately started complaining about the increase in HAs. It was ridiculous. I almost never see more than 2 HAs per team, but for 2 handers who refuse to bring a shield, 3 HA for 2 teams (total of60-70 people in server) is apparently 3 HA too many. I do keep track of number of HA, since a HA is a priority target. Why don't anyone complain about the massive numbers of 2 hands and polearms? Obviously because they are the polearms/2 handers.

Well, that's exactly why it's evident there's a problem with HA's, people wouldn't complain about it otherwise, einstein.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:54:16 pm »
I think that what you said has nothing to do with the amount of HAs...Horse archery is a hard proffesion, very hard, most people suck at it...a lot of HA are more of mounted archers (move -> stop -> shoot -> move -> stop -> shoot --and so on) and in my opinion, this are very easy targets for other ranged player, so let them come :D

As for the warbow, you get 1+ accuracy and +2 missile speed. +2 missile speed makes a big difference imo...

If anything I would increase cut to 30 - that way you can give up a longbow for faster kills for low-mid tier players

The good thing (also bad in a way - lack of choice lookswise) about archery is that the top three bows can be effective as foot archers, you dont have to have longbow if you dont like warbow, you can still have PD6, have a strongbow, do more damage and hold your crosshair for longer...

P.S: Why wouldnt you want to have that lovely pierce damage from a longbow anyway???

You obviously didn't read what I have previously posted.

Offline Bokuzen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »

I can agree to that, it seems a totally fair, balanced and agreeable solution
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:54:35 pm »
Have you guys ever played as an HA? I guess not. Maybe go try it before you condemn it.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 06:12:30 pm »
Have you guys ever played as an HA? I guess not. Maybe go try it before you condemn it.

Yes. I was half horse archer pre pre pre patch (the one without this new exp system). I also have a horse archer now.