Author Topic: Heirloomed Arrows?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Heirloomed Arrows?
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:19:20 am »
I'd like to know what you guys think about the extra piercing damage on arrows. Does it help? Does it not help?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Heirloomed Arrows?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:34:57 am »
For crossbows(not bows) the increased damage is very, very useful.

It turns a MW Light Crossbow(with X2 bolts) into a regular heavy crossbow with bolts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:36 am »
I'd like to know what you guys think about the extra piercing damage on arrows. Does it help? Does it not help?

The extra ammunition helps, the extra damage is... nice. Just think of it as saving you a point or so of needed power draw for a future build (or adding one if you keep doing the same build and have a specific level of PD that you never change).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:38:42 am »
The extra ammunition helps, the extra damage is... nice. Just think of it as saving you a point or so of needed power draw for a future build (or adding one if you keep doing the same build and have a specific level of PD that you never change).

For how many more points of damage on arrows is +1PD for you?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:50:50 am »
For how many more points of damage on arrows is +1PD for you?

I forget what I figured it out to be, as PD is an extra 8 or 14% increase or some such thing like that, so the extra 2 points from masterwork arrows is rather nice. An average archer has a Strongbow and bodkins, so base damage of 25+6=31 damage. With masterwork arrows though this is now 33 damage, a 6.45% increase in damage which coupled with the added ammunition means that your damage output has risen semi-appreciably. Now consider that the Damage Multiplier from WPF (remember, Damage is 0.15*wpf +0.85, small but not totally insignificant) and PD are calculated from the Base damage.

So random number time:
Assume that your WPF and PD are, I dunno, giving you an extra 50% increase in damage (conservative for some builds, I know).

ShortBow and Bodkins (31): 46.5
Shortbow and MW Bodkins (33):  49.5
MW ShortBow and MW Bodkins (36): 54

So we actually get 3 extra points not two from those arrows from a mere 150% damage multiplier. Consider that some builds will exceed this. With a full MW set, you are talking about an extra 8 damage from a normal set.

I say the damage from arrows is worth it.

EDIT: And someone just smited me in this thread for posting this, so I guess my reasoning is flawed...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:55:06 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:55:20 am »
I forget what I figured it out to be, as PD is an extra 8 or 14% increase or some such thing like that, so the extra 2 points from masterwork arrows is rather nice. An average archer has a Strongbow and bodkins, so base damage of 25+6=31 damage. With masterwork arrows though this is now 33 damage, a 6.45% increase in damage which coupled with the added ammunition means that your damage output has risen semi-appreciably. Now consider that the Damage Multiplier from WPF (remember, Damage is 0.15*wpf +0.85, small but not totally insignificant) and PD are calculated from the Base damage.

So random number time:
Assume that your WPF and PD are, I dunno, giving you an extra 50% increase in damage (conservative for some builds, I know).

ShortBow and Bodkins (31): 46.5
Shortbow and MW Bodkins (33):  49.5
MW ShortBow and MW Bodkins (36): 54

So we actually get 3 extra points not two from those arrows from a mere 150% damage multiplier. Consider that some builds will exceed this. With a full MW set, you are talking about an extra 8 damage.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Sorry, I didn't get a word but the last sentence :P Ok, so maybe I'll heirloom arrows!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:40 am »
Sorry :(

Offline Raina

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:12:01 am »
I heirloomed my khergit arrows.  Having 40 arrows is nice.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 05:34:26 am »

EDIT: And someone just smited me in this thread for posting this, so I guess my reasoning is flawed...

I shall unsmite youXD

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:34 am »