Author Topic: Could Strategus be more accessible?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Could Strategus be more accessible?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 09:39:24 am »
Fair enough. I wouldn't want to spoil what people like about it just because i'm too lazy to join before it starts.

If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 10:29:52 am »
+1
usually battles have trouble filling the rosters,  just apply to both sides - if they dont need you and you arent in ts,  they will kick u out.  if they have room in the roster,  theyll just leave you in and u can join the battle when feeling like it
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 01:08:20 pm »
+1
It can actually be quite fun on the teamspeaks Grumbs, come along some time (I'll come with you if you're scared of the big boys  :D ), tactics occasionally accidentally happen and there's an all around gwuaffauh

It's all a good laugh
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 01:36:02 pm »
+1
It can actually be quite fun on the teamspeaks Grumbs, come along some time (I'll come with you if you're scared of the big boys  :D ), tactics occasionally accidentally happen and there's an all around gwuaffauh

It's all a good laugh

its true!  actually the right ts makes a great part of the battle experience.  if you have a sympathetic commander or cool teammates,  its a blast,  if not,  its super ennervating.

back in the days some NA faction would always blast spacejam during first minutes of battle with everyone singing along :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »
+1
Also, nditions ts parties..the memories..

Never forget
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:29 pm »
+1
I totally understand your point of view Grumbs. Its not being lazy or stupid like some people imply, it would just open up strategus battles to those who arent interested in it.
Strategus battles are fueled mostly by people who dont have sides in strategus and some probably think its a game for autist and only come for the good battles/population/XP.

It would be truly glorious if people could join EU_3/NA_3 like a normal server when a strategus battle has started, and just get auto-balanced into a team. There could still be 60/60 roster limit for strategus players, and the server could be capped at 150 or 200 so there could be 30 to 80 slots for random players. That would also deal with the "lacking players" problems of under-staffed factions.
Those random players can work really well into a team with no need for teamspeak. Commander chat and just playing with the other teammates = 90% of the coordination needed. I know because thats what I do  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:28:46 pm by Butan »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 1020
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
+1
Fair enough. I wouldn't want to spoil what people like about it just because i'm too lazy to join before it starts.

Was just like you, having an idea that Strategus should change to fit my, well won't call them needs more like mostly irrational desires. Then I played along and got the hang of it. Yes, Strat battles can last for longer time than average battles/siege maps but you're lying to yourself if you think you have no time, you can't organize yourself, it doesn't fit your flow or whatever.

When I was playing cRPG I was spending double digit hours every day in game and yet somehow think that I don't have an hour to dedicate to Strategus battle which was happening at preset time (!?) but it was actually all about my psyche rejecting any form of organization. cRPG battle is very unhealthy way to spend time because it goes on and on without any purpose and you can spend crazy amounts of time in that limbo doing practically nothing of value. It is ultimate form of procrastination. Strategus is way healthier way to game and would be actually great if it was the only way to play cRPG because then every player would have to follow schedule, have some goals in game to achieve (beside pointless, reach crazy soft level cap goal which was put in place to discourage sane people to even try getting there).

Basically you can play Strat maybe four hours tops a day because it is quite mentally exhausting while you can play autopilot battle for up to 16 hours before physical discomfort kicks in.

chadz the Austrian fucker knew this and is now walking aimlessly in purgatory, trying to atone for his sins, for what he's done to mentally unstable players like me. All happened to him for a reason.

I match your offer to change Strat to the liking on brain dead zombie battle my old friends and raise it to the level where I ask for Strat model to become only way to game cRPG. Because if that was the case I might play again. Doing braindead battle time sink grind bullshit, nope, never again.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 03:02:27 pm »
+1
I totally understand your point of view Grumbs. Its not being lazy or stupid like some people imply, it would just open up strategus battles to those who arent interested in it.
Strategus battles are fueled mostly by people who dont have sides in strategus and some probably think its a game for autist and only come for the good battles/population/XP.

It would be truly glorious if people could join EU_3/NA_3 like a normal server when a strategus battle has started, and just get auto-balanced into a team. There could still be 60/60 roster limit for strategus players, and the server could be capped at 150 or 200 so there could be 30 to 80 slots for random players. That would also deal with the "lacking players" problems of under-staffed factions.
Those random players can work really well into a team with no need for teamspeak. Commander chat and just playing with the other teammates = 90% of the coordination needed. I know because thats what I do  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are a lot of problems that could come from that tho. Like troll and people you have on a blacklist, if make a point of making it so these people are banned from taking part in your battle it would be quite bad if they could just join it anyway. People wasting construction sites and material for example(more of a problem early game, and I know we can set ranks now but still). Also what about fief transfers can't really do those if there suddenly are 100 people showing up from no where. Last the simple fact that it is much easier to coordinate if you are all in the same ts. These are just some of the problems that would come out of such a system.

Of course I want more people to take part in the battles but the commanders should also have a lot of control.
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 03:08:35 pm »
+1
There are a lot of problems that could come from that tho. Like troll and people you have on a blacklist, if make a point of making it so these people are banned from taking part in your battle it would be quite bad if they could just join it anyway. People wasting construction sites and material for example(more of a problem early game, and I know we can set ranks now but still). Also what about fief transfers can't really do those if there suddenly are 100 people showing up from no where. Last the simple fact that it is much easier to coordinate if you are all in the same ts. These are just some of the problems that would come out of such a system.

Of course I want more people to take part in the battles but the commanders should also have a lot of control.

Trolls can get admin banned, two or three offenses and they are likely to be barred from the game for a long time. Fiefs transfers shouldnt be in the first place, but yeah it could fuck those up real bad.
And about coordination, whether its easier or more difficult to coordinate out of teamspeak, you get approximately 50% or less people actually listening during the battle (not here, not caring or deaf/muted) so if it was bad it already is.

I think ease of access that would lead to balanced battles is much more important. There is too many battles that should be hard fought, that end up flag capped in under 20 minutes... And thats with most of the battles being done by mega factions! Just wait for the strategus reset, and you will see all the smaller factions pop up, do a couple battles, get steam rolled by roster issues and quit. It will always be like that until the game is changed.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 09:42:47 pm »
+5

It's all a good laugh

Do not trust this man.
Hide Corsair threads
Ignore Corsair Posts

Do not talk to Corsair in voice channels.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 11:44:51 pm »
Allow strat chars to respec freely once a week and u gotchaself a deal
cRPG needs guns

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 11:45:07 pm »
Do not trust this man.
Hide Corsair threads
Ignore Corsair Posts

Do not talk to Corsair in voice channels.
He is a nice guy, he brought me ashwoodpikes in a strat battle nice
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014