Author Topic: Could Strategus be more accessible?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Could Strategus be more accessible?
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:47:09 pm »
+5
I see 110 people playing and I want to join but I'm too late. Could you let people join after the battle started? Why do I have to play with one of my shitty alts (i'm not making my main my hero if I can't respec him)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Could Strategus be more accessible?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 11:07:00 pm »
+2
The reinforcements have arrived but they get balanced to the team with less players.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:11:09 pm »
+1
It just says the battle has started so I can't join. I'm pretty much a newbie to strat though so maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:15:16 pm »
+2
Me too.Was just saying late comers could be like reinforcement troops. I am sure when it starts back up again serious I probably won't get picked by any team.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:18:54 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 1842
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 11:19:16 pm »
+8
Get on TS 30 mins before battle starts and ask to join one of the sides in their respective channel.

Strategus is socializing event where you are supposed to interact with other people and have fun, it's not autistic silent room where you grind for 12 hours straight on x5 multiplier like a madman. Been there, done that, speaking from experience.

If you change Strategus to be like battle, full of random fools who don't talk to each other then it is going to lose a ton of its appeal and completely lose the purpose. You can't do anything meaningful with bunch of pugs.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:21:47 pm »
I actually do not like strat just been signing up because the big ones drain battle population.
PENDULUM

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 852
  • Infamy: 1300
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 11:31:57 pm »
I understand that but most people (unlike autistic pricks such as myself) prefer to have fun with other people and while you can have that on battle in your clans private TS channel, on Strategus there is bunch of people from other clans and that makes it ton more interesting and funnier.

Clan TS = you and your pals, bunch of (bad) internal jokes, to outsiders it sounds like few people are farting in the mic 80% of the time and telling lame jokes over and over and over again
Strategus TS = imagine an event in between university classes where hundred people who don't know each other are interacting and having fun in super chill atmosphere.

People often say Strategus is great because it has higher purpose and involves proper strategy and planning. That is true, but only for 5% of Strategus tacticians and internet warlords, bonafide aspergers sufferers who can't tell importance of real life from attack on Curaw. Other 95% of people are there to have fun and hang our with each other.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 11:33:46 pm »
+1
I'm not gonna join 30 mins before. I hardly know when i'm gonna feel like playing at all let alone 30 mins before I do.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 541
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:07 pm »
You can be a prick and not show up which is fine if you know the dude who is in charge.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:38:52 pm »
+1
That implies I know a battle is going to start.

cRPG hardly exists to me until I feel like I have nothing else to do

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 12:05:18 am »
+2
Why do I have to play with one of my shitty alts (i'm not making my main my hero if I can't respec him)

This is my biggest gripe with strat. If you commit your main you wont be able respec without losing a shit ton of xp (millions usually) and additionally you will be locked to one build for EU1.

Lets say you maybe want to change something in your build for EU1, then you'd have to create an alt for strat and play for 3 days with a build you dont want on EU1, either that or play with alts which might also not be ideal, until you can finally change it.
Now how about if you want to change your main to something different for strat, for example; maybe you are a shielder who is tired of being treated like disposable garbage so you want to try a new class. Then you'd have to endure 3 days of playing something you dont enjoy or simply not play strat for 3 days. After that you either play on an alt (which could be low level) or not play at all for another 3 days until you can play with your main again. That's almost an entire week of possibly missing out on a lot of fun.
Of course for the latter 3 days you could always play with a skip the fun character to try out the class, unfortunately you'd lose out on one of the major aspects of strat, mainly the huge XP gain.

I will say that my points on this issue stem from my own opinions/experience so it is heavily biased of course. If I am alone in feeling this way then for all purposes just disregard this post entirely but please do tell me what you think of the no respec for strat heroes and the 3 days wait period. Is this an issue, is it just a minor inconvenience or is it perhaps a positive feature for you?

I do understand why these restrictions exist but I personally feel like it works as a barrier against strat accessibility which shouldn't be the case.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 12:15:48 am »
+2
sub-70 IQ detected

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 12:30:45 am »
less than -70 IQ? How can I get positive IQ?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 12:52:40 am »
+5
I'm not gonna join 30 mins before. I hardly know when i'm gonna feel like playing at all let alone 30 mins before I do.

30 min not even necessary, 15-10 min is ok. Join the TS, mute your mic, leave a msgs in channel chat that you will be there so you dont have to care for rolecall that much, if at all, then alt tab. Just listen a bit and hop on EU3 on time, thats all you need. I think its a nice experience, those battles are mostly pretty cool, you should give it a try when you have time and are in dire need of a ship load of autism and raging kurwa kids in TS.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

pogosan

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 02:01:30 am »
+3