Poll

Considering the current gold inflation, should gold be wiped?

No, nothing should be done at all.
66 (33.5%)
Yes, wipe all gold!
34 (17.3%)
Yes, but only wipe some percentage of a player's gold
19 (9.6%)
Other options should be pursued (such as selling respecs/heirlooms in market)
75 (38.1%)
My opinion is not expressed in the poll options and will be stated in comments
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Author Topic: Gold Wipe Poll  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Gold Wipe Poll
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 04:54:16 am »
+2
all that does is completely fucking ruin every single build anyone has ever made as they now cannot use any gear due to the fact that they don't have enough money left to handle repairs

That's exactly why we have repairs, and why wiping gold is being considered. You're not supposed to be able to equip all of the best gear without repercussion. You should be worried about putting a dent in your pocket. You're supposed to ask yourself, "can I afford to wear full plate this round? As someone who has been perpetually poor through the years, I assure you it is possible to still play and not worry. My normal gear is 2,836 upkeep.

I also have a problem with the alternatives idea. Allowing players to buy looms with gold was a big mistake, and part of the reason some players stopped retiring. They can keep leveling past level 31, knowing they can buy looms if they really need to. There should be only one way to earn looms outside of special occasions (like the christmas looms we were given). You should be giving up something when you choose to stop retiring. Looms lost a lot of value and wonder once the marketplace was introduced.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:05:25 am by Gristle »

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:03 am »
I see the reasoning for that, there are plenty of people in plate armours and they don't have to worry about upkeep especially with the crazy price of looms.

I don't think wiping will fix that in long run, I'd rather say that this could lead some players to leave the mod for good.

I would consider another gold sink. We have lots of new items, maybe allow players to exchange heirlooms for gold?

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 08:46:36 am »
Please don't fully wipe it. Buying banners n'stuff will be retarded afterwards. I'd suggest that instead of giving weekly respecs make them buyable. The higher ur level is the more the cost should be. Would fix the inflation and the QQ about respecing.

God, are you really that stupid?

This is beneficial to only old -and rich- players, all the newcomers would get fucked by your suggestion.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 11:42:37 am »
Remove all the gold,raise repaircost of armor,horses and stuff.
Also remove all loomed items and points and give players the same amount of looms as their gens are.

This would reduce the tincans - also in the long run.
Also it would reduce the amount of loomed stuff in crpg.
Marketplace would be alaive again and high lvl players would not cry about loosing their grinded xp.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 02:36:31 pm »
I think an option in the shop to buy a no XP loss respec for 300-400k and an option to buy an heirloom exchange for roughly 600-700k would be a nice way to continue decreasing the amount of gold in the community.

Maybe not the exchanges but certainly the respecs I would like to be sold in shop.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 02:42:51 pm »
+4
First you need to fix gold earning , i think its way too much in DTV.Let us buy heriloom exchange for 500-700k , Name change 300-500k,No EXP loss respec for 500-1000k. and cut gold in half for everyone and make repairs cost more.

i have 8 milion gold, and got 10 +3 items, i dont even know what to do with gold. its pretty much useless as i even earn gold while wearing plate armor.

I dont like Mercs mod as much as i like cRPG but they still have much better gold system.It actually matters there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:53:18 pm by Waradin »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 04:06:09 pm »
A pretty big change that could improve a lot of aspects of the game would be to go back to a system similar to native, where you earn temporary gold in game to spend on armors weapons etc. It would take some effort to balance out costs and stuff, but i think it could potentially improve the game a lot too. With this you could also remove gold as a currency all together, but keep looms. It would hurt the rpg aspect though as you cant always wear everything you want, but it would also make more people play in light armor generally, more variety and more reward from playing well as you can armor up if you are performing well.

Very drastic change obviously, but its a much more rewarding system.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 04:26:00 pm »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:57:11 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 05:02:08 pm »
+3
Instead of wiping everything how about at the end of each month all the characters gets confiscated by the devs and then auctioned off to the highest bidder. This not only creates a huge moneysink but it also incentivises people to grind gold.
All the money earned from the auctions will be donated to my support group in order to help cRPG players cope with their ADHD (RIP, Xesta, Yuhmaz etc).

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 06:52:10 pm »
+1
Also please remove booths, they serve no purpose except making the 5 richest people in crpg even richer. These guys dictate the price of LP's for the whole community, buying up any cheap looms they see within minutes and then selling them at their high Jew prices. Nobody can even afford to buy a booth except these multi billionaires, seriously what is the point?

At least if the shop had a standard price for t LP's, looms etc there would be at least some control over prices in the player market.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:55:26 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2018, 07:15:33 pm »
+3
I think heirloom exchanges and respecs being available at the shop is a good idea...but I would advise against making them something only the rich players can afford.  You don't need to wipe out the gold surplus in one night. 

I think that 200k gold, the current price for exchange events, is a good number.  I only make about 100k gold per retirement cycle on my alt; and that's rolling with medium armor most of the time; so 200k/swap/cycle would definitely drain my bank(6m) over time while still being reasonably affordable for a newer player.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 07:40:12 pm »
I don't have a lot of gold and I don't have enough time to grind (neither do I want to retire my chars right now, to be honest).
Would like to see other gold drains though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:05:45 pm by Krex »
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2018, 07:46:04 pm »
+2
First you need to fix gold earning , i think its way too much in DTV.Let us buy heriloom exchange for 500-700k , Name change 300-500k,No EXP loss respec for 500-1000k. and cut gold in half for everyone and make repairs cost more.

i have 8 milion gold, and got 10 +3 items, i dont even know what to do with gold. its pretty much useless as i even earn gold while wearing plate armor.

I dont like Mercs mod as much as i like cRPG but they still have much better gold system.It actually matters there.

welp, you can give me some gold for a banner slot and banner upkeep.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 07:48:48 pm »
this week is literally the first week ive ever had over 200k gold thanks to some loom point market trading. plz no wipe  8-)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 08:33:24 pm »
+1
this week is literally the first week ive ever had over 200k gold thanks to some loom point market trading. plz no wipe  8-)
You want 200k more? Put up a trade and give me a link.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die