Author Topic: Simple question on 1h speed  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Simple question on 1h speed
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »
Shield is often heavier than the polearm, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Still, a "i tested it" would be appreciated. :P
And yes, for best performance, you must attack even before you hear the "ting" of you blocking the ennemy. Sometimes it can kill you though, since some good players delay their attacks.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline BobbyFizz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »
I'm not a veteran by any means so I'm not up to speed on all the different builds.

I have a similar build to you, but I go for agility equal or more than strength. ie 15ag/15st, then 16ag/15st etc etc. I find that has helped me.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 05:19:12 am »

Can anyone confirm that the polearm stun effect can apply to shields?  I could swear there have been times I've been hit by a heavy polearm and was unable to counter attack.  That might be causing you problems as well, not sure.

I can not speak for all shields, but with the buckler i have quite often a stun effect. Hell, even a overhead swing of the katane can causes this.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »
If you've:
low ping
that wpf
a quick weapon (97+ speed)
a medium shield
medium armour (less than 14 weight)

And you're still swinging slow then I've no idea what's ailing you.  My best guess would be some degenerative disease where you mistake to extent to which you can actually control your motor functions.  Anything above 120 wpf for a 1-hander gives you quick reaction times for most 1h weapons.  A fast weapon (99+ speed), too, will often swing quickly regardless of wpf.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »
I've seen you around Slickster, you play as a swashbuckler I.E. no shield.  There's nothing you can improve that involves your character sheet, you merely need to study up on game mechanics.  From what I can tell, you haven't read up on getting stunned by weapon weight, which is if a weapon is sufficiently heavier than your weapon when you block it you'll be stunned for the first strike thus need to block the second one.  As a one-hander sword user without a shield, most weapons will be heavier than yours.  Be more patient.
-idlewind