Poll

Should the 2nd most manueverable/fastest horses have more hitpoints/armor than the fastest/most maneuverable horses?

Yes, lets gets some diversity among the cavalry
21 (52.5%)
No, I am a lame MW courser/arabian warhorse rider and I think horses should be unstoppable elephants
11 (27.5%)
Lets just get rid of all cav
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: June 10, 2011, 06:55:08 pm

Author Topic: Make fastest/maneuverable horses have less hps/armor than 2nd most man/fastest  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Currently 90% of horses used are the arabian warhorse and the courser, mainly because all the stats favor these 2 horses.  A good way to bring diversity back to cavalry is to realize that the 2 fastest/most maneuverable horses also shouldn't have the highest hitpoints and armor of the unarmored horses (except destrier which is slow).  Thereby I propose that new stats should make the tradeoff for higher speed is that courser has hitpoints and armor of a palfrey, while palfrey would have the hitpoints of the current courser so there is a real tradeoff of do you want the fastest or the second fastest with more hitpoints and armor going with the second fastest.

Same thing would be done with the desert horse and arabian warhorse, the two armor/hitpoints stats would be switched so that the most maneuverable horse would have slightly less hitpoints and armor than the second-most maneuverable horse.

This would bring back diversity in cavalry and bring real tradeoffs instead of everyone just riding champion coursers and arabian warhorses that can take 3-4 hits before dying (not including large speed bonus from being badly ridden).  it would be nice to see palfries and rouncies and desert horses on the battlefield again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:56:17 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Aye but dont forget steppe horse...

But dont forgot that in order to make people ride other horses your would have to reduce they speed and manoeuvre since these 2 are insanely high and the main reason people ride em and a little hp nerf wont change that  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:05:36 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Aye but dont forget steppe horse...

But dont forgot that in order to make people ride other horses your would have to reduce they speed and manoeuvre since these 2 are insanely high and the main reason people ride em and a little hp nerf wont change that  :lol:

You are right, steppe horse should get a hp/armor boost to slightly higher than desert (since +1 maneuver, but -3 speed).

I agree but some people would switch because the 1-2 less maneuver and 2-3 less speed would be worth their horses being able to survive an extra 1-2 hits, which would be a great balancing factor without being a real nerf to horses since you are just switching which horses get the benefit.  So both sides win, more diversity in horses in the game. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:10:13 pm by Keshian »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Push polling is the best polling. Why give the reader the option to accidentally give the wrong answer, after all?  :?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
I'd only agree to this is all other arabian and courser stats stayed the same.

Also I think the courser losing 15 HP and 6 armour under your system is a bit much. Maybe 10 HP and 3 armour. But certainly not the full amount. People rarely ride coursers at full speed and they have very slow acceleration compared to all other horses. So I think the speed bonus isn't as big a deal as people think. The speed is only useful on very open maps.

However, I'd agree with the arabian changes.

I think over all they are sensible suggestions. But a straight out trade off between the two types of horses might not be the best solution. It might require a little more fine tuning.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:00:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Nerf Arabian trash horse 

In other news they won't nerf horses and lancing
lol pick your poison

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
I use destrier. Its survivability more than makes up for its lower speed and manouver.  Even with a normal lance i find myseld doing fin againt cav and pole users.
Turtles

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
I agree Kesh.

It's in line with my long standing crusade for making all items a headache to choose from, with huge variety, but with no clear BEST choice for all situations. (Like the Cookie/Tears swords pre-patch)

Choosing an item should be a dilemma of drawbacks and advantages in stats and abilities. (Not so much price, which fucks up such an ideal balance a bit)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
I agree Kesh.

It's in line with my long standing crusade for making all items a headache to choose from, with huge variety, but with no clear BEST choice for all situations. (Like the Cookie/Tears swords pre-patch)

Choosing an item should be a dilemma of drawbacks and advantages in stats and abilities. (Not so much price, which fucks up such an ideal balance a bit)
Vouching for this logic. Price really gets in the way as a balance factor.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
I would be saddened to see the courser loose HP. Largely because, as things stand, it goes down in about four or five arrow hits. In "the real world" (whatever that is), that might be OK, but in cRPG it isn't--not with the number of archers and their high rate of accurate fire.

Then again, if the cheap horses just got an HP buff, but retained their speed/maneuver, they'd be a bit OP. Still like ninjas, but now with MORE HP!

I counter-propose the entire idea of cavalry in cRPG be reworked! HP/Armor buffs for everybody, but speed nerfs everywhere. Less ninja shit, but more trampling of bitches and stand-up, horse vs man fights. I tire of hiding behind the reach of my heavy lance, and the speed and stealth of my courser.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
seriously, your horse whine threads are just beginning to be annoying... stop using realism as an argument, this is a game where balance is essential, and if you take a look at the poll chadz made - only 3% of the cRPG community think horses should be nerfed! (7% would BUFF horses)

So take a chill, stop whining about the 'super' horses, try to look at stuff from a bigger perspective and realize, that cRPG is actually balanced as it is...
Screwing 1 thing up screws everything up!

ps. this is not just an answer to this thread, it is after reading all your threads during the last 2 days - it seems like you're just determined to get horses nerfed in every possible way.
I know i am riding champ arabian wahorse myself, and might make you say that i'm just promoting my own class, but i do, like many others right now, actually think is overall is balanced, and as i said; screwing one thing will screw the whole balance. Don't touch anything.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:25:35 am by Torp »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
seriously, your horse whine threads are just beginning to be annoying... stop using realism as an argument, this is a game where balance is essential, and if you take a look at the poll chadz made - only 3% of the cRPG community think horses should be nerfed! (7% would BUFF horses)

So take a chill, stop whining about the 'super' horses, try to look at stuff from a bigger perspective and realize, that cRPG is actually balanced as it is...
Screwing 1 thing up screws everything up!

ps. this is not just an answer to this thread, it is after reading all your threads during the last 2 days - it seems like you're just determined to get horses nerfed in every possible way.
I know i am riding champ arabian wahorse myself, and might make you say that i'm just promoting my own class, but i do, like many others right now, actually think is overall is balanced, and as i said; screwing one thing will screw the whole balance. Don't touch anything.

No offense but this wasn't a horse nerf thread, it was a rebalancing among the horses so that lower tier horses get the health/armor stats switched with higher tier horses, which keep their higher maneuverability and speed so that people will actually use more than just 2 horses (90% of cav right now) but all the horses.  NO NERF INTENDED!  Post this on other thread.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Torp.

People are complaining because your horse is OP as in close to impossible to defeat without a 245/300 lenght pike
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
No offense but this wasn't a horse nerf thread, it was a rebalancing among the horses so that lower tier horses get the health/armor stats switched with higher tier horses, which keep their higher maneuverability and speed so that people will actually use more than just 2 horses (90% of cav right now) but all the horses.  NO NERF INTENDED!  Post this on other thread.

but the way you want to do this is by nerfing the 2 top horses, not buffing the other horses - and that works as a nerf for, as you said, 90% of cRPG cav.
buffing the other horses, and maybe combine it with a very small nerf of the two top horses could be asolution to add more variety though.

Torp.

People are complaining because your horse is OP as in close to impossible to defeat without a 245/300 lenght pike

that is in no way true, when i get dismounted i often kill these with my damned one-hander.
and again; take a look at chadz poll and see what people really think
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:36:12 am by Torp »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
but the way you want to do this is by nerfing the 2 top horses, not buffing the other horses - and that works as a nerf for, as you said, 90% of cRPG cav.
buffing the other horses, and maybe combine it with a very small nerf of the two top horses could be asolution to add more variety though.

\

I think you missed the whole thread.  Basically all the other unarmored horses stats get boosted, you switch palfrey's health and armor with courser, so palfrey is slower still but has a little better survivability to balance.  Same thing with Arabian and desert.  And steppe/sumpter/etc. unarmored horses get slight hp/armor boost accordingly so the slower/less maneuverable the horse the better the hp/armor among the uanrmored horses, rather than fastest horse also has highest hp/armor after destrier.  The armored horses already are balanced like this for the most where plated charger is slowest but also highest hp/armor and warhorses are faster but lower hp/armor.  Its a tweaking, but the overall stats are if anything raised on horses but they are redistributed so there are no longer 2 obvious choices for horse selection that every cav guy uses.