Author Topic: weaken armor heirlooms or rebuff weapons  (Read 1354 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
weaken armor heirlooms or rebuff weapons
« on: May 31, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »
Because right now u can actually have lol 80 armor from lordly gauntlets(anywhere from plus 14 to 19 bonus just from lordly wisby to lordly heavy gauntlets combined with anything above "elite"(all those go up 7 armor so from +52 becomes +59 etc)

As u can see a Guy in lordly miittens(+17) with say lordly heraldric(+60) has 77 armor which is higher than the highest natural armor with 2/3 weight

Also no one can take ur armor

Rebuff weapons which can be taken off corpses and wuss armor down to plus one per heirloom, since it can't be taken, or watch me become moar unstoppable
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: weaken armor heirlooms or rebuff weapons
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »
Such a setup would be quite expensive to maintain, though. Only good players can afford it, and they deserve it, I think. Also, if you look at this: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5439.msg109879.html#msg109879 , most people actually want to BUFF armor, not nerf it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:50:47 pm by zagibu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:30:12 pm »
Since most builds have 6+ PS, except high IF people in lordly plate armors everybody usually dies in ~3 hits or even less for blunt/pierce weapons. Buffing weapon looms or nerfing armor ones will just lead back to the pre-nerf situation where 1 hit kills were very common. In my opinion the current situation has improved the gameplay taking out a bit of the random factor and brought armor heirlooms on par with weapons (except full lordly tincans, who was heirlooming armor before 0.220?).

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:41:14 pm »
Your whine is really useless....

You cant compare weapons and armor heirlooms they are both in 2 different categories.

There was also reason why weapon looms where nerfed in last patch they clearly where a bit over the top.

Armor +6 weapons +3/4 dmg and 2/1 + speed is really well balanced

Also the example you mention is kinda a useless argument since we have something called upkeep for a reason so that scenario is not gonna happen since no1 can afford that setup 24/7
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:57:12 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:08 pm »
Because right now u can actually have lol 80 armor from lordly gauntlets(anywhere from plus 14 to 19 bonus just from lordly wisby to lordly heavy gauntlets combined with anything above "elite"(all those go up 7 armor so from +52 becomes +59 etc)

As u can see a Guy in lordly miittens(+17) with say lordly heraldric(+60) has 77 armor which is higher than the highest natural armor with 2/3 weight

Also no one can take ur armor

Rebuff weapons which can be taken off corpses and wuss armor down to plus one per heirloom, since it can't be taken, or watch me become moar unstoppable
When a 15pt thrower punches through your armor with a throwing lance and one shots you what will you think about that? When a GLA+10-15ps swing of doom lands what will you think about that? I don't even play a heavy ironfleshed and armored up character (anymore) and I think they are fine. You are supposed to have some substantial benefit to choosing that build and gear. I haven't seen any player who is 'unstoppable' yet. Very hard to take down? Yes, but that's how it should be.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:43:51 am »
Ha, fine as I am usually top player in any server I was actually asking for a self-nerf(like my generation XP nerf I had asked for)

Move along nothing to see *whistles*
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:09:10 am »
Ha, fine as I am usually top player in any server I was actually asking for a self-nerf(like my generation XP nerf I had asked for)

Move along nothing to see *whistles*
I'm just saying if asking for a self nerf think of all the possible things that might make you regret asking for that. I think the armor heirloom levels are fine.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:47 am »
Ive had lordly body Armour since pre upkeep patch.

Theres one thing i can definitely tell you its not OP.

It gives you a bit more survivability and a slight increase in the chance of something bouncing but that is exactly the same with an heir loomed weapons.

Theres a slightly better chance you can out speed someone and a slightly better chance you can kill them quicker with your higher damage output.

Don't nerf Armour heirlooms there is not need.
Turtles

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:32 am »
Casimir explained it pretty well i geuss  :wink:

Also can you plz take a look in this thread and tell my why 95% of the trades in there only involves weapon trading? since weapons clearly is really bad and the worst sorta heirloom u can think off....

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,61.0.html

If anything needs a nerf its the xbow heirlooms but thats bout it
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 06:00:37 am »
Casimir explained it pretty well i geuss  :wink:

Also can you plz take a look in this thread and tell my why 95% of the trades in there only involves weapon trading? since weapons clearly is really bad and the worst sorta heirloom u can think off....

If anything needs a nerf its the xbow heirlooms but thats bout it

If there is a huge market for weapons it could indicate that people didn't use their personal heirloom points for that item. I.e. the reason there are no armor trades could be that everyone used their points for armor and why there are so many weapon trades is that since they used their points on the superior choice, armor, they now have to purchase other's heirloom points in less useful items (weapons).

I don't really have an opinion on armor heirlooms, but the market doesn't necessarily support your point.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56:45 am »
I would like to see armor heirlooms nerfed a bit. No need to buff weapons, they are fine.

For proper body armors something like this should work fine.

+1: -0.2 weight, +1 armor
+2: -0.5 weight, +2 armor
+3: -1 weight, +3 armor

(listed values are combined, so it's +1 armor for each heirloom, for gauntlets, i would like to see also +1 armor per loom point, and total -0.2 weight, for helmets total -0.4 weight for fully loomed, for boots -0.3 for fully loomed gear).

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 02:17:20 pm »
gayest idea ever, you better loom your armor too, instead of looming shitty weapons  8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab