Poll

Current state of ranged:

Ranged should stay the same
Crossbows should be nerfed
Archers and crossbows should be nerfed

Author Topic: The Ranged Problem.  (Read 24437 times)

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
Re: The Ranged Problem.
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 08:03:12 pm »
Full hp, 1 headshot from an archer and Astorga dies, I love realism, but it applies to everyone equally.  :lol:

Strength: 18
Agility: 24
Iron Flesh: 1
Head armor:55
http://c-rpg.net/?page=itemdetail&id=5392,5392

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »
Full hp, 1 headshot from an archer and Astorga dies, I love realism, but it applies to everyone equally.  :lol:

Strength: 18
Agility: 24
Iron Flesh: 1
Head armor:55
http://c-rpg.net/?page=itemdetail&id=5392,5392

unless you weren't riding full speed towards the archer, a shot like that shouldn't kill you :x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 08:23:41 pm »
I was 1 shot by Random dude with a flamberger. Was low pop so I went to fight someone else instead of 2 team him but he killed my team mate and came up behind me and 1 shot me before I even made it to young dreamer. There's your proof.

I have survived arrows and bolts to the head before with unloomed kettle helmet.

you realize this is equivalent to saying "str build flamberge 1 shot me!!11! nerf !11!!"

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Painmace

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Merc and Norse
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Painmace, Zangramash
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 08:28:10 pm »
+3
Archers arrows already weigh more than the armor you use and my bow about 1/3 of the armor, so having a 30/12 build is not possible, if you dont wish to be left alone versus the whole enemy team. You can outrun anyone with that.
People dont tend to give a fuck about the archers on their team so you cant rely on any help, so you have to be mobile.

I play with a 21/18 build (with PS and IF, which is probably a bad build TBH) my reticle is about double the size of what is shown and it only keep that size for about 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:52:27 pm by Painmace »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 08:31:53 pm »
you realize this is equivalent to saying "str build flamberge 1 shot me!!11! nerf !11!!"
Isn't it equivalent to what your saying about ranged? I didn't run out and make a "the plate problem" thread after it happened either. I guess fast moving plate is ok though, he had to go up hill a bit to get me and you heard him say himself he got a super fast hit on me.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2017, 08:34:06 pm »
Isn't it equivalent to what your saying about ranged? I didn't run out and make a "the plate problem" thread after it happened either.

asheram top troll m8, 7/11

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »
If you were the guy that i jump slashed in the face, then yeah, I had a lot of speed in that attack.

2 shots from arby should kill a tank, otherwise it feels a bit useless, doesn't it?

Also, seeing as you brought up the "low pop" thing, it really ticks me off how some people play in low pop na1. It's a battle, if you're outnumbered, good luck, if you have the numbers, gank. That's how it should be. The best way to kill someone is when they're engaged with another fighter (and if you spectate eu1 you'll see this happening ALL the time.) Most people block really well and I prefer to kill people quickly to make the odds in my teams favour. That's another reason I hate the "duel me if your team have 4 guys but I am the last man alive". It's entirely possible for the 1 guy to kill all 4 if he's a good dueller and has the equipment for it, but the dudes who fought hard to make it 4:1 now have to submit to this silly "honour" idea?

There are people in NA that I just don't want on my team because they won't help me in a fight. I don't really want them on the other team either because some other dudes on my team will feel "honour-bound" to duel them, and most likely lose.

Some builds/weapons are made for duelling, mine is not and the dudes who hang back all round just so they can be the last alive and duel just kills the fun in NA1 for me. I prefer eu1 or na7 because of it, actually.

Maybe my feelings are completely different to everybody else in NA, and if so I just have to suck it up, but if you're expecting me to duel in a battle server, it's not gonna happen ;)
I only mentioned low pop to show I had received no damage from other sources.  I would rather not play on NA server as there are those there that feel they have a right insult you if they are better at the game than you, even going so far as to use you to insult a player you killed.  I use to play on EU alot Friday and Saturday nights after na died down and have never been treated like that there unfortunately 190-200+ ping in this game isn't fun.
I play alot on native GK tdm and native battle servers alot as well and they don't either, I had one person do that on GK tdm but it was a na crpg player using a different name I didn't recognize.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:49:22 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2017, 08:47:47 pm »
+1
Make a new thread with a fair OP that discusses more than just damage. There are drawbacks, and crossbows get nerfed all the time. I can't trust a poll like this, because I don't know the motive for the person that favors a nerf. Every nerf vote could be "it killed me so I don't like it!" It also gives no thought to hybrid builds. I'm 113 1-hand / 133 xbow with 7 WM. 184 wpf? That build doesn't have enough points to defend itself in melee even at 8 WM. No, there are too many nuances being ignored here.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2017, 08:54:53 pm »
+1
Make a new thread with a fair OP that discusses more than just damage. There are drawbacks, and crossbows get nerfed all the time. I can't trust a poll like this, because I don't know the motive for the person that favors a nerf. Every nerf vote could be "it killed me so I don't like it!" It also gives no thought to hybrid builds. I'm 113 1-hand / 133 xbow with 7 WM. 184 wpf? That build doesn't have enough points to defend itself in melee even at 8 WM. No, there are too many nuances being ignored here.

except the entirety of my argument hasn't revolved around the damage numbers, its about the fact that you can pump these nonrookie numbers out without having to put points into crossbow to use it effectively.

please explain to me how it is fair to do this much damage when all need for an arbalest is 16 strength. to even remotely get close to this as an archer, you must invest in 27+ strength with bodkins & longbow.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2017, 09:23:08 pm »
+5
im 2 lazy to read all 5 pages of comments so i'll say what i always say: i don't have a huge problem with the damage archers and xbows use. maybe a little damage nerf on BOWS would be fine, plus a larger amount of wpf required to shoot accurately, but the real problem i notice in battle with archers is all of the archers being on one team, or just a large amount of archers on the server relative to infantry or cav.

i forget the name of sexy furry's clan but his clan has several really good archers (btw being a good archer is not comparable 2 being good at melee u r not good at thegame u r trash and u ruin it for people with actual skill just like artillery in world of tanks and shit like that) and when they bannerstack and stick together it's literally cancer. Thryn and i were in TS together playing a couple of days ago and sexy furry, luker and some other archer kept sticking together and going for flags with artorious as their personal bodyguard in case a brave melee warrior or two came after his archers. they would go to flags and camp there capping and every time i went to attack them i had to duel my way through artorious while being shot at by 3 crack archers. there were only 20-25 people on the server at the time so the only real way to win there would be to try and coordinate a whole team to rush these few archers but obviously no one listens or does strats on NA1.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2017, 09:25:56 pm »
I don´t really get this discussion about what should be nerfed and what is unfair. The only thing that is different right now is that people have to get used to having less str. basically every class. Give people more hp or make armors stronger and the whole discussion is over. Or just make the pierce damage less effective, don´t fuck over classes that some people love to play.

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:49 pm »
unless you weren't riding full speed towards the archer, a shot like that shouldn't kill you :x

It was not the case

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2017, 10:24:38 pm »
Asheram that is unfortunate that it happens on na1 and I'm not innocent I trash talk as well but saying native or eu don't do it is wrong since I've been on both and been shit talked on both by numerous players lol

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline _uwu_

• Count
  • Renown: 158
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck u
    • View Profile
  • Faction: calradian confederacy
  • Game nicks: uwu, wrigglypete, firebert_amstrad, pupster
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2017, 10:31:34 pm »
+3
there is no ranged problem, i don't get why people are saying archery needs a nerf. archery is trash, the only people who do well as archers are people who have been playing archer for years. the real issue is what assington said, all the good archers are always on the same team and they just go for flags.

crossbows aside from the heavy crossbow and normal crossbow are literally useless. after the arb was nerfed into oblivion about three to four years ago, it's just strictly worse than the heavy crossbow for a dedicated xbow build. the only xbow i have an issue with is the regular crossbow, because it lets you hybrid with just about any melee class and you barely lose any efficiency in melee or in xbow since you can have about 120 wpf in each weapon skill

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2017, 10:35:21 pm »
Asheram that is unfortunate that it happens on na1 and I'm not innocent I trash talk as well but saying native or eu don't do it is wrong since I've been on both and been shit talked on both by numerous players lol
ok let me clarify, I said it hasn't happened to me on eu or native, not saying it doesn't happen. Maybe it's because EU doesn't know me well enough to do it. I am even worse at game in EU with 190-200+ ping.
Native I have been playing exclusively since crpg died and it hasn't happened to me there either except that crpg player I mentioned and was the reason I stopped using Asheram name on native.
You see it as trash talking I don't sry, esp when they even start using me to insult someone I killed.

Maybe I don't notice it as much because it's not directed at me which is how I would like to keep it.

But you are right it is wrong for me to the lump everyone into it for the ones that do and I am sorry.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:56:50 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM