Author Topic: New FromSoftware game teaser  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New FromSoftware game teaser
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:19 am »
But didnt you just complain about the online community of dark souls as a reason not to get the game on PC?

Leshma contradicted itself? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2834
  • Infamy: 2611
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 02:52:26 pm »
If I wanted to, it's better to play online on console because people are friendlier and laid back. Not autistic tryhard nerds like most of PC 'pro' gamers. PC online gaming = meme culture + solitary types + tryhards + squeaky children voices over IP + intoxicated + nasty attitudes + cheating +exploiting. Console online gaming is more about bunch of friends having a fun afternoon than anything else. Paying money for that shit (online PC gaming) is like paying to be pegged or gambling. Twisted pleasure.

I really do hope that Steam and Windows gaming in general perish as soon as possible. Was a supporter in early days but would be happy for that to collapse, there is nothing positive about it. And while it seems like that is an impossible thing to expect, well you know, my one LTC was worth five bucks or so when I fucked up BTC trading and ended up with just one coin of worthless LTC. Now that shit is worth close to 300 dollars, who knows what will happen in three months. You never know what could happen tomorrow, Steam might just die off like a nasty scourge it is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:58:15 pm by Leshma »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 04:01:17 pm »
You know most kids are playing on console right? More expensive games and paying for online, but whatever, enjoy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 04:09:13 pm »
If I wanted to, it's better to play online on console because people are friendlier and laid back. Not autistic tryhard nerds like most of PC 'pro' gamers. PC online gaming = meme culture + solitary types + tryhards + squeaky children voices over IP + intoxicated + nasty attitudes + cheating +exploiting. Console online gaming is more about bunch of friends having a fun afternoon than anything else. Paying money for that shit (online PC gaming) is like paying to be pegged or gambling. Twisted pleasure.

I really do hope that Steam and Windows gaming in general perish as soon as possible. Was a supporter in early days but would be happy for that to collapse, there is nothing positive about it. And while it seems like that is an impossible thing to expect, well you know, my one LTC was worth five bucks or so when I fucked up BTC trading and ended up with just one coin of worthless LTC. Now that shit is worth close to 300 dollars, who knows what will happen in three months. You never know what could happen tomorrow, Steam might just die off like a nasty scourge it is.

Nice 200 word essay. Just get a PC and enjoy proper framerates.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »

lmao nigga who stole ur virginity online

where the bad man touch u
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:40:56 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 656
  • Infamy: 1036
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 10:59:02 pm »
You know most kids are playing on console right? More expensive games and paying for online, but whatever, enjoy.

Most kids on consoles don't have a headset to scream into while gaming. I'm just saying that console is 250 euro + 50 euro for odd game I may play (games like bloodborne are like 10 bucks cuz they are old titles). Much better than wasting 1000+ euro on something I will barely use. Most people I know have their consoles collecting dust, but in my case gaming PC would collect dust plenty of time.

Edit: I'm probably way off with PC parts pricing. How much is capable GPU these days? Probably around 500 euro because of cryptomining. Good CPU is 300 euro, motherboard can be bought for 150 euro, but quality ones are 200+ euro. Sixteen gigs of DDR4 is probably around 150-200 euro and if you want future proof you need 32 gigs. I think proper memory (Micron chips) is around 250 euro per 16 gigs. That is 1200 euro without mice&keyboard, monitor, ssd, hdd for storage, psu and case. Realistically quality gaming PC these days cost at least 1500 euro with small low budget monitor and with proper gsync monitor price is around 2000 euro. And those aren't even top parts, more like bang for buck high class gear.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:06:59 pm by Leshma »

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »
+1

Retardedly, I've played lots of soulsborne on PS4 because of some rl friends that don't have good PCs, and I can tell you firsthand that there are just as many "try hards" on the console. I've received hundreds of hate mail messages on PS4 from playing DS3, and I only ever played a non cancer pure melee ultra greatsword build. It's going to be just as toxic on console if not worse. Stop being a pussy and embrace some banter  :lol:

PS4 is like 250 euros on sales (can't even get proper gpu for that kind of money)

Look at the benchmarks on the 1060, it runs most modern games at 60fps or above, assuming you're using a 1080p monitor. I picked one up last year for like 280 AUD, which is probably about 3 euros.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 05:37:43 am »
Sixteen gigs of DDR4 is probably around 150-200 euro and if you want future proof you need 32 gigs.
Classic Leshman thinking, "future-proofing" with extra RAM, lmao. Yes Leshman, buy some modern day DDR4 RAM for "future-proofing" so that in 8 years, you can maybe use your 32 gigs. Instead of, say, upgrading your RAM in 8 years, or if that's too difficult, just buying 16 more gigs when and if games start using that much.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:47:56 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:59 am »
Edit: I'm probably way off with PC parts pricing.

You are, because you're trying to match current gen high performance PC parts with console that is limited at 60fps. That being said, 144hz master race 8-)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »
If you spend 600 euro today, you can play the newest games on high / max for at least 3 - 4 years. Consoles keeping us down man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2186
  • Infamy: 1522
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
You are, because you're trying to match current gen high performance PC parts with console that is limited at 60fps. That being said, 144hz master race 8-)

I'm not trying to equal console experience with powerful gaming PC. But that's the thing with consoles, they are casual boxes and I'm casual gamer. Very casual if I may add.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 05:23:55 pm »
I'm not trying to equal console experience with powerful gaming PC. But that's the thing with consoles, they are casual boxes and I'm casual gamer. Very casual if I may add.

If you're so casual why don't you have a family yet?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:01 pm »
+1

So you wouldn't pay a few hundred more euros for a machine that can do infinitely more things. Where the games run faster and look better. Okay leshy -.-

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 11:04:55 pm »
stfu all I dont even have a TV for a console and the only game I run at 60 fps is terraria. The cooling fan starts wobbling so bad during boss fights that its actually even extra authentic again. Feels like a fucking space rocket start or some shit.

Also Leshma is wrong, consoles are garbage, Pc masterrace!

Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2612
  • Infamy: 1173
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 12:08:26 am »
+1
So you wouldn't pay a few hundred more euros for a machine that can do infinitely more things. Where the games run faster and look better. Okay leshy -.-

Only thing I would do with PC running Windows is gaming, everything else (mostly programming) I do on my Linux workstation and laptop.

Whole this discussion started after Gravoth moaned about Bloodborne being Playstation exclusive game, when I said that many people including me don't mind that at all.

The cooling fan starts wobbling so bad during boss fights that its actually even extra authentic again.

Terraria was always badly optimized although some efforts were made to mitigate performance issues. It's a 2D game that draws way too many stuff on the screen at times and it is built using Microsoft XNA which is meant for simple 2D platformers that don't have flashy graphics. Game can be 2D and still be demanding, depending how codded it is (for examples of clever codding there are plenty sources of how they've done it in C64 or Sega Mega times with extremely limited hardware). There are some 2D games using XNA which have solid performance, but Terraria aren't among those games.

Cooling fan and radiator needs to be taken apart and cleaned from dust then thermal compound on it replaced  before put together again but that isn't something I'd recommend you to do because it is dirty job and if not done properly (wrongly applied or simply lack of thermal paste) you'll end with components overheating worse than before. To properly clean PC cooling devices you need to prepare new thermal paste (best are based on silver), different types of sandpaper and a lot of patience first to unscrew the whole thing then sand the surface properly (mirror finish is bad idea, it is good to have slightly coarse surface so thermal paste can fill them for better heat transfer). After successful operation depending on previous state of your cooler you can get up to 20 degree Celsius lower max temperatures. Done lapping couple of times myself, now I'm more or less pleased with the end result. Also bearing could be at the end of its service in which case it will need to be replaced.