Author Topic: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57:09 am »
As far as I know not all these factors have been taken into consideration on this thread.

Sure they are. No one trying to tear crossbows a new one. Its common consensus that wpf should actually matter. That's the only change that they really need. They are perfectly fine and balanced, but they just don't require any point investment to use at all. Anyone can pick one up and get accurate kills without spending a single point towards them. All those points you stated, while true, don't effect that fact.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 01:09:49 pm »
Cheap_shot there is no point in trying to make any sense to a die-hard lobbyist like Tomas  :mrgreen:

What you all fail to comprehend is that every logical argument and sollution put forward here will be ignored.

The Xbows doged a nerf last patch with throwing which actually required investment. Throwing now has wpf requirement also.

Why doesnt xbow?
IRC lobbyists. End of.

Your correct Casimir and its really a shame chadz have these sort of people working on the mod in the first place since they disregard balance towards their own preferred playstyle  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:12:59 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:27 pm »
Exploding bolts next patch.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »

with nukular warheads?
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 03:16:54 pm »

Wouldn't even be surprised if it happens....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »
Honestly, I don't think crossbows are unbalanced or overpowered at all.  I just think the fact that everyone is using one is making the game a lot less fun.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:10 pm »
Honestly, I don't think crossbows are unbalanced or overpowered at all.  I just think the fact that everyone is using one is making the game a lot less fun.

Crossbows are great right now because they are a huge gold sink. People want to bring one, because it's fun to have something to do before you engage in the melee, but they are only useful for killing stupid/stationary/naked people. But this fun factor is worth the upkeep to a lot of people.

Would you rather everyone that carries a crossbow+medium armor stop carrying a crossbow but use their gold to wear plate instead? Plate ruins the fun a lot more than crossbows do.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »
Crossbows are great right now because they are a huge gold sink. People want to bring one, because it's fun to have something to do before you engage in the melee, but they are only useful for killing stupid/stationary/naked people. But this fun factor is worth the upkeep to a lot of people.

Would you rather everyone that carries a crossbow+medium armor stop carrying a crossbow but use their gold to wear plate instead? Plate ruins the fun a lot more than crossbows do.
I'd rather face someone in the same armour as me with a crossbow than a plated dude without. I'd feel like I have a better chance dodging crossbow bolts than getting consistent solid, non-glancing hits on a tincan. Die-hard lobbyist?  :P Oh noes I've been seen through!
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:36 pm »
Adding 20-40-60-80-100 WPF will change nothing. It's very easy to get 100~ wpf. This has nothing to do with crossbows specifically. People want a range side arm, because they feel frustrated when someone shoots at them (or lances) and they can do Nothing about it. Nerf low tier xbows and people will get some other ranged instead. I have no solution, but nerfing something that's actually reasonably balanced just seems dumb.
Monkeys!

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »
Adding 20-40-60-80-100 WPF will change nothing. It's very easy to get 100~ wpf. This has nothing to do with crossbows specifically. People want a range side arm, because they feel frustrated when someone shoots at them (or lances) and they can do Nothing about it. Nerf low tier xbows and people will get some other ranged instead. I have no solution, but nerfing something that's actually reasonably balanced just seems dumb.
pretty much this.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:21 pm »

lol again another fail argument from lobbyist nr 201....

Ok genius tell what other ranged option people will pick if they cant use xbow without wpf investment?? damn....

Also like you say yourself people pick up the xbow because they are fed up gettin shot at by ranged well if people werent able to use them fuckin xbow in the first place this wouldnt be such a huge issue now would it???

Hmn and why are we suddenly trying to derail the thread about people wearing plate armor instead of xbows?? when the hell did this happen?? lasttime i checked the normal xbow cost 10k wich is hardly no where near the price of plate armor..

Also there is nobody talking about nerfing xbow we are trying to suggest that it should take some skill investment to prevent 80% of the server being ranged.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:53:26 pm by Tzar »

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2011, 12:02:53 am »
Hmn and why are we suddenly trying to derail the thread about people wearing plate armor instead of xbows?? when the hell did this happen?? lasttime i checked the normal xbow cost 10k wich is hardly no where near the price of plate armor..
Instead of wearing transitional armor and carrying an xbow+bolts (roughly 30k) they could just be wearing milanese plate instead (roughly 30k).

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2011, 12:05:58 am »
Instead of wearing transitional armor and carrying an xbow+bolts (roughly 30k) they could just be wearing milanese plate instead (roughly 30k).

Who cares ? its not like its a huge advantage gettin a shitload of your wpf removed and being slow as a snail hardly any1 will use that anyway

back to topic i wish chadz is gonna remove your loomed xbows and end the range spam fest that have comeback after pre patch..

I've gotten many kills with a zero wpf crossbow at a good distance further than shotgunning range. Right now I could get an arbalest or heavy crossbow and go on to a battle server and wait for sucker cavalry to come at me then down either their horse or them in one shot when they get close. No other weapon is THAT effective with zero investment. I can't pick up a 1h, 2h,pole, bow, or throwing weapon with no skills invested and expect anything other than total failure with the extremely low low change of success. Crossbow doesn't follow that simple principle that all the other weaps do. I agree with your new wpf suggestion though. Seems like a reasonable effectiveness curve though the exact numbers may need adjustment. I'd go for 140+ wpf = Annie Oakley since crossbows really should never be super pinpoint accurate.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:12:23 am by Tzar »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:54 am »
The only thing that irks me a little is people being able to use big, high tier 2handed weapons/polearms alongside their xbow. But I don't advocate making all xbows 2-slots either, as that would totally kill the classic sword/board/crossbow/bolts combo that has been around forever. Some wpf requirement to make them more accurate would be nice (say, just drastically reducing their accuracy at 1-50 wpf), but to actually hold them, no. That's it.

But I still don't feel that the current amount of ranged is unbalanced in any way. I have a shielder, a 2hander, a polearm char, and an archer, and I honestly feel the game is very balanced from all of those perspectives.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 01:15:13 am »
Who cares ? its not like its a huge advantage gettin a shitload of your wpf removed and being slow as a snail hardly any1 will use that anyway

Aren't you the guy with the plate and the hammer?