Author Topic: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows  (Read 8121 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »
While EyeBeatWomen may be exaggerating a little I actually found myself going to the siege server this weekend to escape all the ranged weapons on the battle servers.  For whatever reason there has been a definite swing towards more ranged

I know it sucks that I might have a point and some people might actually agree with me because I am LLJK or whatever.  HURF DURF OMG A TROLL.

But when you play on a battle server with about 16 total players and everyone is packing a crossbow you would think a shielder would be at an advantage.  But they arent.

You pack less armor so you can get to them faster while hiding behind your shield which is supposed to block the bolts from hitting you.  Yet when you do this the bolts still have a chance to go through your shield and damage you badly since you have no armor. 

Here is a way to balance it for me.  Make it so the low tier crossbows do not shoot through shields.  Nerf the heirlooms on low tier crossbows.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:28 pm »
I stick with the opinion that people don't work together enough. It's why whole teams get destroyed on plains by cav. It's why the team with the most tanks win on that tight, claustraphobic street map. When the Sea Raiders form a squad, they can plough through enemy infantry on most maps. I can say the same for the clan formerly knowns as the my old friend, and the Mercs. Most other players only think about themselves, their k/d their xp, their gold, and being able to kill everyone else single-handedly. I don't think balance is inherently a problem with stats of weapons, or their possible roles, I think it is a problem with the mindset of the players.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31:17 am »
I stick with the opinion that people don't work together enough. It's why whole teams get destroyed on plains by cav. It's why the team with the most tanks win on that tight, claustraphobic street map. When the Sea Raiders form a squad, they can plough through enemy infantry on most maps. I can say the same for the clan formerly knowns as the my old friend, and the Mercs. Most other players only think about themselves, their k/d their xp, their gold, and being able to kill everyone else single-handedly. I don't think balance is inherently a problem with stats of weapons, or their possible roles, I think it is a problem with the mindset of the players.

Way to derail the thread with another topic this has nothing to do with the fact that almost the entire server have gone with normal xbows instead of the sniper for there ranged spam solution...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:51 am »
As much as I hate the same 2 dummies making half a dozen threads about the same exact whine, I do actually like the 20,40.60,80,100 idea for xbow requirements. 

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 12:56:41 am »
I know it sucks that I might have a point and some people might actually agree with me because I am LLJK or whatever.  HURF DURF OMG A TROLL.

... you see its comments like that which give a LLJK its troll reputation.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 01:28:33 am »
... you see its comments like that which give a LLJK its troll reputation.

No, trolling gets LLJK has a reptuation for trolling because LLJK likes to troll. Still doesn't change the fact that you're taking the easy way out and avoiding his valid points. No one is falling for you "you're such a troll that i can't refute your valid points" spiel, so why don't you just either actually ignore him or respond to his posts.

No need for the "wise uncle haughtier than thou" act.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 02:00:23 am »
 :wink: Ylca, your last post just goes to show that you didn't even read the entire thread. Thanks for playing though!

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 02:05:43 am »

duh but thats because people on the internet are retarded

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 02:43:49 am »
:wink: Ylca, your last post just goes to show that you didn't even read the entire thread. Thanks for playing though!

Translation:

"You see you're missing the point. You have to reread the thread to see why i'm selectively choosing to ignore those with whom i personally dislike. In fact it makes so much sense i don't even have to point out my reasons- cryptic messages get my point across just as well.

Seriously though, respond to the statement or browse over. This "check out how above it all I am" just makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

edit: Tomas_of_Miles hits the nail on the head.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:46:40 am by Ylca »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 02:52:01 am »
this post was a bit fucked up, so I edited out
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:03:51 am by Seawied »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:33 am »
Redacted, as Seawied is a super classy gentleman.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ugh you're right, i've been responding thinking you were someone else in the entirely wrong thread. Welp, time for the point and laugh show, starring your host- Ylca.  :|
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:36:09 pm by Ylca »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 03:04:14 am »
eh, it happens. Sorry for jumping down your throat.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 03:17:48 am »
What you all fail to comprehend is that every logical argument and sollution put forward here will be ignored.

The Xbows doged a nerf last patch with throwing which actually required investment. Throwing now has wpf requirement also.

Why doesnt xbow?
IRC lobbyists. End of.
Turtles

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 03:50:33 am »
Just as long as they don't apply that god awful wpf restriction thing to xbows. Just make it effect accuracy in an actual curve. Done. Currently xbow accuracy is almost exactly the same from 0-100wpf and then it starts to go up. And the accuracy isn't even bad at 0. In fact it's good. Better then any throwing weapon at 130 throwing wpf, and better then a lot of bow accuracy too. It doesn't make sense for it to start that good with no investment.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2011, 05:02:21 am »
Just as long as they don't apply that god awful wpf restriction thing to xbows. Just make it effect accuracy in an actual curve. Done. Currently xbow accuracy is almost exactly the same from 0-100wpf and then it starts to go up. And the accuracy isn't even bad at 0. In fact it's good. Better then any throwing weapon at 130 throwing wpf, and better then a lot of bow accuracy too. It doesn't make sense for it to start that good with no investment.
I am a thrower this gen and I find it easier to hit with the light crossbow with 0wpf than with throwing weapons at just over 100 wpf. But what I am not taking into account is the fact that I am moving when I throw, thus decreasing the accuracy of my weapon. I can aim fairly well when throwing from a standstill. This needs to be remembered when comparing throwing weapons and crossbows.

Throwing has the ability for shield usage alongside it, can throw faster, sometimes has melee alternate mode. It is weaker at lower levels and stronger at higher levels. Has a dramatic arc. Can take 1 slot minimum with more than 1 projectile.
Crossbow has high damage, unaffected by skills, high accuracy, affected by skills but usable at extremely low levels ( the lower tier crossbows). HAs to reload between shots. Takes two slots minimum (unless taking the one projectile).
As far as I know not all these factors have been taken into consideration on this thread.
Professional poop cleaner