Author Topic: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows  (Read 8126 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: Pretty much 80 percent of all battle players use Crossbows
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:40:20 pm »
just make it so that they have to spent wpf points to use em end of story no more full ranged battle servers

If they did this they would have to implement the same system for all melee weapons as well, which i doubt people would like once they found they suddenly can no longer build anything approaching a workable hybrid.

e: I have also never seen a full ranged server ever. I have, however seen instances when we sorely could use more archers and don't have enough people who are playing the build online.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »
If they did this they would have to implement the same system for all melee weapons as well, which i doubt people would like once they found they suddenly can no longer build anything approaching a workable hybrid.

Why?  I didn't realise people were using melee weapons overmuch.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 08:00:01 pm »
Yea, the wpf requirements doesnt have to be high.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
Why?  I didn't realise people were using melee weapons overmuch.

When more than 50% of the kills on every server i've been on are melee would say I didn't realize people were using ranged too much. Either way, as i've been saying people who try to push for nerfs for every build but their own would do well to remember that nerfs come with other nerfs. Nerf one thing and suddenly this other thing that was balanced before is overpowered. Then everyone gets to feel the joy of the nerf bat!

I'm not a big fan of that style of balance, i'd rather see everyone brought to an equal level than everyone in every build dragged down, much in part it seems because people are upset that others have the ability to kill them in ways they themselves would not choose to use.

Every nerf has to be balanced somewhere else, it's all fun and games until that nerf bat you were weilding like a Bec de Corbin swings around and hits your build right in the face. Beyond that from what i've seen so far most classes excel in a particular niche and the only class "broken" right now is throwing, which is being reviewed. CRPG might have a few flaws, but make no mistake it's amazingly well balanced for a small development team.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »

Go ahead i dont mind wouldnt change anything for me or anyone else other than the people who insist on carrying their xbows in battle..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »
The crossbow is relatively inaccurate

They are currently the most accurate ranged weapons in the game. Take a look at ATS_Native's thread.  With limited WPF investment, they become much more accurate than bows.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4136.0.html
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »
Go ahead i dont mind wouldnt change anything for me or anyone else other than the people who insist on carrying their xbows in battle..

So the fact that this will hamper hybrid builds doesn't concern you at all? The more i read your posts, and correct me if i'm wrong, the more i hear "nerf everyone but me, please please please. Other people have different preferences of play and that makes mine harder/ less effective so they are obviously overpowered."

You can see where this train of thought would be bad for the mod in the long run, right? I mean yeah you can rail until there are no ranged, congratulations you just alienated 50% of your mod and a low population mod is a dead mod in a few months. I wonder if people realize that if the devs coded in half of the suggestions here there would be no CRPG, it would be a pet project by a few guys, only populated by their closest friends and the people who agree with the "one true build".

There are advantages to taking a step back and considering whether something is really unbalanced, or whether it's just annoying because it's effective. Petitioning for nerfs constantly leads to more nerfs being necessary to bring other items back in line. Nerf enough and everyone gets to play by themselves on 10 man servers in a game that should be populated by hundreds with its solid concept and active developers.

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »
While EyeBeatWomen may be exaggerating a little I actually found myself going to the siege server this weekend to escape all the ranged weapons on the battle servers.  For whatever reason there has been a definite swing towards more ranged

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »
just make it so that they have to spent wpf points to use em end of story no more full ranged battle servers

I don't think you should HAVE to spend points to use them. I do think you should HAVE to spend points if you want to be effective with them though. I've used them with 1 wpf and IMO they are far too accurate and reload way too quick even with no points put in them. No points in them should equal = noob recruit who takes forever to reload (longer than it takes now at default) cause he isn't familiar and well practiced in it. Plus less accuracy than they currently have with no wpf put in. A LOT of points put into it = very efficiently fast reload plus more accurate of course.  I've used 1wpf crossbows and it felt cheap. I didn't have to make any sacrifices to my character build to be pretty effective with them.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:34 pm »
While EyeBeatWomen may be exaggerating a little I actually found myself going to the siege server this weekend to escape all the ranged weapons on the battle servers.  For whatever reason there has been a definite swing towards more ranged

I've been fleeing in the opposite direction. I'd much rather deal with a few archers than the almost guarantee lately on NA_Siege that someone will fling open the gates leading to short, uninteresting rounds in the  huge periods in which they have no admins and no votekicking. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »
This must be more a NA than an EU phenomenon; I've noticed perhaps a slight increase in crossbow use, possibly motivated in part by the massive increase in two hand and polearm fighters after the last patch. I said then that the slot system would probably only result in the sky being dark with bolts from medium rather sniper crossbows and that seems to have happened over there.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 08:57:51 pm »
Maybe add more reload time to the lighter xbows, as that is supposed to be their, basically, only drawback.
That would be the death of the lower tier crossbows.  You already have to sit defenseless with your ass in the air for 3~ seconds to reload, any more would be absolutely fatal to them.  Best suggestion I've seen is a wpf limitation on them, so that you have to sacrifice your ability to melee a bit to have a crossbow, and there would be no more 1 wpf superstars (which is overblown anyways, with 1 wpf you can't hit anyone more than 20 feet away from you with any reliability at all).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:02:14 pm by Damug »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 09:18:19 pm »
with 1 wpf you can't hit anyone more than 20 feet

Practice practice... not a huge deal considering how tight the aim is at 1wpf

That would be the death of the lower tier crossbows.  You already have to sit defenseless with your ass in the air for 3~ seconds to reload,

Thats 2 sec if unless u stand still and wait for the entire reload animation

Oww xbow are more than allright and easy to use with no skill investment hence the 80% of players on battle server use em if they where so useless as u lobbyist keep claiming then no1 would use em lmao stop being naive  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:47 pm »
If the perception is that anyone who isn't in TS isn't worth working with, and teams who do form squads and work together consistently get multipliers, it seems that there isn't much of a problem at all.

Exactly.  The people stacking multipliers all day long are the clans (and friends) sitting in VoiP rolling over pubbies.  This is how it should be.  Period.

However, that is why people aren't with teammates saying "Ok you worthless shielder my old friend.  Protect us 2h/PA players from everything until we get close enough to kill the entire team.  You, bowmy old friend and throwmo's, shoot the enemy cav so we can mop them up as well.  Stop being lamers and do your job."

While that is exaggerated the point remains.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:31:45 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »
Exactly.  The people stacking multipliers all day long are the clans (and friends) sitting in VoiP rolling over pubbies.  This is how it should be.  Period.

However, that is why people aren't with teammates saying "Ok you worthless shielder my old friend.  Protect us 2h/PA players from everything until we get close enough to kill the entire team.  You, bowmy old friend and throwmo's, shoot the enemy cav so we can mop them up as well.  Stop being lamers and do your job."

While that is exaggerated the point remains.

Come to EU we dont have stacked teams there  :mrgreen: