Author Topic: Good Lord So Many Feels  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Good Lord So Many Feels
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:12:15 pm »
+5
So I get on this site today to see what's what and all that I disappointingly find is some topic about a fat cosplay chick and a 19 minutes video. What the fuck people? This is what you consider entertainment. Some dude talking about how a girl is a fat cosplay chick and pointing out her poor photoshop skills!?

Now that that's out of the way. The new Star Wars trailer is out and I think I passed out, came to, and then passed out again. So many thoughts and feels I don't even know where to begin. Here it is!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Good Lord So Many Feels
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »
+2
Meh...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 03:35:28 pm »
Looks like Empire, but they cranked everything up to max. Its trying so hard to be "Wow! this is star wars!" as far as the trailer goes, its obnoxious.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »
+4
Large scale battles with AT - AT's now that is my jam

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2573
  • Infamy: 2735
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 04:51:01 pm »
+1
They are very efficient. Making a big budget movie in just 12 months, even with multiple studios, is very impressive. Wonder how many years they plan to keep this going.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 04:54:34 pm »
+2
They are very efficient. Making a big budget movie in just 12 months, even with multiple studios, is very impressive. Wonder how many years they plan to keep this going.

They started filming in 2015, and only just finished post-production last month. It is a different team than those who worked on Rogue One.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 05:02:34 pm »
Looks shit, just like the last movie was shit (not Rogue One, which was decent -- the Force Awakens). Entire budget spent on CGI when they should've spent it on a writer with an imagination and not someone who decided to mash the previous movies together to make one movie, only with more CGI and bigger explosions and an obligatory SJW agenda, because signalling how progressive you are is all the rage in Hollywood right now.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 05:51:03 pm »
+2
Maybe im mixing up the movies now, but AT-AT assault looks similar to Empire. Rey or whoever was the mc again, gets taught the force in something that looks like a similar fashing just more "Wow, the force!!" rather than wax on, wax off. It makes sense that it would happen now, its just that the previous movie already felt a lot like they were just riding on the old story lines, and then this one kind of hints at similar concepts already.

It's still probably going to be solid, it just seems like they arent going for anything thats going to last. Will have to see it though, trailer doesnt give me any excitement but only makes me doubt.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:17:41 pm »
+2
I understand the nostalgia factor. But people seem to be getting too excited for a series that hasn't produced a decent movie for more than 3 decades. Rogue one is the best one and it's only "passable" if you're in a good mood.
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 07:05:25 pm »
+4
I want Kyle Katarn to be canon reeeeeee

(click to show/hide)

Trailer looks alright, spoilers a bit too much imo. I won't think that much about it until I've seen it

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:01 pm »
+2
I'm pumped about it. I grew up with Star Wars in the 80's so it's been an interesting ride. The thing I'm most excited about is how they'll close out the saga with these last two movies. If it sucks, it can't be worse than episodes 1 through 3 or the revisions that desecrated the originals 4 through 6. If it's good, then high fives all around. I'm a pretty optimistic person so I've got that going for me. I will continue to be stoked for a new film.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:51 pm »
Its definitely going to be better than the prequel trilogy, but is that really the standards to go for?  :mrgreen: Im optimistic too, i wasnt hating on the first movie trailer and i dont hate the movie itself, its aight. Rogue one i dont even know, its aight too i suppose. Its just that now they seem to really be trying to turn me off from watching. Not only do we get the BB-8 comic relief thing which is fine, but if theyre adding that cutesy animal thing on top? Chimone bruh. And the lightsaber part, ok ive seen lightsabers. Yes theyre cool, but its like its some sort of big reveal. Less is more, after the prequels i wouldve been fine with absolutely minimal lightsaber stuff.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:24 pm »
+2
Very unrealistic. Why is a woman the hero?

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 09:39:49 pm »
+2
hero?  You my friend need to brush up on why the empire did no wrong.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »
I'd consider Rogue One better than 'passable', but maybe that's just me.

And I struggle to understand what measurements people use when they say Episode 7 was bad, but Episodes 4 - 6 were good. I'd understand if someone just didn't think the cheesy 'adventure' style movies where protagonists are usually bullet-proof were at all to their tastes, or if they  acknowledge that the films are not high art in any form xD But if you find the original films enjoyable I don't see how Episode 7 falls short, they're very much cut from the same cloth.

Well its just that, cut from the same cloth. Why should one watch the recreation of something when they can enjoy the original.
edit: i mixed up 1-3 and 4-6 lul
There is however a good chance that the spinoffs will all be relatively good, because they are less restrained by the traditional story telling. They can do whatever they want, like rogue one did. Instead of riding of the originals ideas, theyll build their own story based on what little is actually known about the characters they envelop.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:10:08 pm by Gravoth_iii »