Author Topic: Mod Is Maybe Not Dead (New NA Servers Coming)  (Read 24080 times)

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
Re: Mod Is Maybe Not Dead (New NA Servers Needed After Oct 7.)
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:16 pm »
Last time I played OKAM jump stabs were OP so every one was hopping around stabbing each other with 2H, it was a silly place.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:45 pm »
+1
You are literally forced into duels LOL

Why do you lie? :D

It works on the same principle as it does in cRPG - you get an offer and you have to aim at the other player and press a key to accept it, it doesn't start automatically. And an improvement over cRPG, it has a button to cancel a duel that is starting.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2017, 08:18:34 pm »
+1
OKAM combat was never that bad but it just didn't have the crisp clean feel of warband combat.

Was definitely fun when servers were full. I could see it being fun in militari mode with full servers if people played in NA.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
+2
I went back into OKAM a couple days ago. While it is fun, pop is very low. Combat is still awkward but workable. A bit better but I still would prefer a M&B setup for combat.

Funny thing is, I took a few minutes practicing on the bots to just block along with a guy who volunteered to attack me so I could block and I was already declared "holy shit he can block". I even had a guy that was in a skirmish with me and roughly 5 others complain and asked if I could let them win so they could get the first win of the day.

Its not just me either. A few other people have come back and done very well blocking and attacking. I dunno. I honestly thought by now it'd be the tryhards left but I can easily top scoreboards or beat players there that seem to have played for a while.

There's still some tricks to the game like thrusts on 2h (much like warband) are pretty effective especially right after a swing if you drag it.

Its fun but.. bannerlord pls.
hacker
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #259 on: October 11, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
+3
hacker

Really it just comes to reading attacks just like you do in warband. Someone has an attack angled this way so I move my weapon over there. While the combat is not up to par to warband's, you can jump right in and do well without much practice once you remember not to use the rmb to block. I remember that fucking me up so much back when OKAM first launched.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:40 pm »
+2
"All he is good at, is making something great..."

Oh, well. It could be worse.

Switching from making cRPG as a hobby to developing a game full time was a bold step. Too bold, got hit hard by reality, failed in the end, probably due investor disagreement, silenced because of muh contracts. Personally I'd give him another chance because he is good at this one thing: making something great. Maybe the Chinese are good at maintaining it.

Eh, I am just butthurt over the whole event I will not lie. cRPG without a doubt was the game/mod I invested some of the most hours of my gaming time to. Nothing compares to this day the experience and time I invested into cRPG. I was never a good player sure, but it was just such a great thing that I could not get enough of, that sadly died to poor upkeep. OKAM was about the same: Had an absolute blast could not put it down. In all honesty, I really hope that chadz gets better at the upkeep part, I say things out of anger and disappointment sure. In reality I would probably give his next project a chance because I am a sucker for this kind of stuff.

I really do wish the whole Donkey Team success in the future, I am more than confident of their ability to make good content, but they just need to get better at finding people to maintain and keep things alive. You really cant just simply make something good, then fail to keep up on it, because that is how things die. Hopefully OKAM was a good enough learning experience for a few things they need to work on.

-Do not make promises you can not keep, it only makes you look bad and leaves people like myself bitter
-Once you make something, keep it alive. cRPG died off, in my opinion due to shitty servers from lack up upkeep and just overall lack of care. Strat died off because people stopped working on it and keeping it alive, strat was why a majority of people people played. I never played it much myself, but from what I understand the poor upkeep of strat is why most people left.
-Be transparent if you can not hit a goal. I am sure the Donkey Team realized before 9/1/2016 that Epic was just not a possibility. Yet we all waited in the duel server that night, hundreds of us, for something that was a botched launch, which leads to my next point
-Better testing. Epic could have possibly worked out and not been as broken and failed as it was if they let more of the players test it than they did. The game was already early access and EA games are known to be buggy. What harm would it have done to let us EA players test it all out even when unfinished so when it was finally launched, it would not of have just been DOA? We would have all gone in knowing it could be a broken mess, and been fine with it, other than being promised something that was just broken at launch.
-Be careful about what you promise. We were given a timeline of things that would come (equipment etc). To my knowledge a vast majority of that just never happened. I personally stopped playing in October of last year until I tried it again the other day. So I can not say for sure about that, but seems a lot of it was left out.

I do sincerely wish them all success in the future, and like I have said many times in the past (both on discord and here) I am being critical as fuck, because I know this is a team of skilled developers, they just need to get their shit together.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2017, 11:17:00 pm »
+4
hey chucklehead it looks like you forgot about all of the reasons why okam suffered

i'll be the first to say i straight up don't like the combat, i much prefer lmb attack rmb block system of m&b, but that is beside the point

-Do not make promises you can not keep, it only makes you look bad and leaves people like myself bitter

i bet donkey crew had fully intended to implement things like "epic," but we have to realize that all of the features the devs wanted to include were rushed and incomplete because of a lack of funding. after all, the kickstarter came up short and the crew had to go early access and eventually sell the rights just to continue development. at least they got a product out unlike the old devs of NW (fse) who were developing battle cry of freedom until vincenzo took the money and ran. you have a right to be upset for paying money for features that never came to fruition, but its like a $20 loss; think of it as that crpg donation money

-Once you make something, keep it alive. cRPG died off, in my opinion due to shitty servers from lack up upkeep and just overall lack of care. Strat died off because people stopped working on it and keeping it alive, strat was why a majority of people people played. I never played it much myself, but from what I understand the poor upkeep of strat is why most people left.

wtf? this is a free mod that a bunch of nerds made in their spare time for your enjoyment. there isn't another mod out there that has gotten as much love as crpg. this has survived longer than triple a titles and all things die over time. every good thing comes to an end, and it is insanely impressive how long this game has survived ESPECIALLY for a FREE MOD.

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Is Maybe Not Dead (New NA Servers Coming)
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
+6
Alright so just to keep you guys updated Professor now thinks that he is able to add items in. We will be updating the EU server and putting up the NA server in the coming week or so hopefully.

I will be accepting donations that will go 100% to funding the servers through Patreon.

Costs of our previous NA server were roughly 45$ per month. I'd like to get something a little more substantial to provide a less laggy server for players so we will be looking to raise 60-75$/month. Considering the people who have already stated their desire to contribute this should be no problem.

Depending on how much you donate you may receive such rewards as:
  • Discord Donor Tag
  • Custom Title In Game
  • Exclusive Donkey Armour
  • Exclusive Donkey Helm

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:21 pm »
+1
Can I get a bottomless rock bag? Good work BTW ty.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
+3
We got a one time donation of 5$

(click to show/hide)

Can I get a bottomless rock bag? Good work BTW ty.

Maybe if we nerf rocks to hell. They are so strong right now. I was toying around with the idea of a throwable money pouch.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »
+1
Up voted for the throwable coin pouch down voted for considering nerfing rocks.
Can the coin pouch explode on impact sorta like the coins being shot from this shotgun so I can say "keep the change" to everyone I kill with them?
PENDULUM

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:27 pm »
+7
Three of the first new items added in as Professor was testing.

Sallet w/Open Visor

Eyeslot Kettlehat

Studded Leather over Mail Shit

Good to know that hooded nasal helmet is working as intended
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:12:43 pm by njames89 »

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2017, 10:51:22 pm »
+2
Dude saw these on the website and was like how did I not see these helmets before? Looks great

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2017, 11:12:46 pm »
+3
Studded Leather over Mail Shit

no offense to mod author, i think that texture doesn't hit the standard of quality i'd like to see for crpg

i mean there are other models & textures that have been accepted that are at the same level as the above, but i don't like those either

just my 2 cents

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2017, 11:31:44 pm »
+4
no offense to mod author, i think that texture doesn't hit the standard of quality i'd like to see for crpg

i mean there are other models & textures that have been accepted that are at the same level as the above, but i don't like those either

just my 2 cents

no offense to you thryn but i don't think you hit the standard of quality i'd like to see for crpg

i mean there are other polearmers & 2-handers that have been accepted at the same level as the above, but i don't like those either

just my 2 cents