Author Topic: Turks on the internet  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Turks on the internet
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 09:25:47 pm »
+9
(click to show/hide)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 09:47:34 pm »
(click to show/hide)
wow that's exactly what i meant
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 12:32:19 am »
+2
Kratos isn't even real turk ,he is inferior,subtype,subcategory of turk,he has no honour,he does not inherent any national quality or love to his kind.I am the real turk,crocodile ,and other nice turk players like we ,defend the honour of our country and religion against the degenerate scums like panos,he just sucks eu cocks ,and doesn't deign to defend the honour of his flag like most turks do.

So look at us when u want to understand the turk behaviour,not gaplickers like him.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 12:34:40 am »
+5
Kratos isn't even real turk ,he is inferior,subtype,subcategory of turk,he has no honour,he does not inherent any national quality or love to his kind.I am the real turk,crocodile ,and other nice turk players like we ,defend the honour of our country and religion against the degenerate scums like panos,he just sucks eu cocks ,and doesn't deign to defend the honour of his flag like most turks do.

Lock him up with the teachers, scientists, greeks, doctors and other infidel wizards and throw away the key, allah akbad

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 09:55:26 am »
+2
Kratos isn't even real turk ,he is inferior,subtype,subcategory of turk,he has no honour,he does not inherent any national quality or love to his kind.I am the real turk, cockroach ,and few other turk players like we ,defend the fake honour of our country blablabla to defend the honour of his flag like most turks do.

So look at us when u want to understand the turk behaviour,not gaplickers like him.

don´t you shittalk kratos or you get my musket. He´s one of the reasons why I still have hope in turkey actually having thinking people and no "muh turkish pride" tardogan mongs, which are currently leading your country back into the dark age.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 10:37:33 am »
+2

lol believe me when I say we do

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 11:29:39 am »
don´t you shittalk kratos or you get my musket. He´s one of the reasons why I still have hope in turkey actually having thinking people and no "muh turkish pride" tardogan mongs, which are currently leading your country back into the dark age.

lol as if he is making scientific discoveries every week,kk ikarus i don't want ur musket i will leave ur galileo be.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2017, 12:30:22 am »
+1
lol as if he is making scientific discoveries every week,kk ikarus i don't want ur musket i will leave ur galileo be.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2017, 03:05:45 am »
+1

Ill just go ahead and give fat props to this text as it suggests panos being a turk if you read it drunk,  which is a nice little diss.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »
You don't know Tengri like I do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko

Same guy tbh

Praise be to the sky father

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2017, 02:16:51 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Turkish_people

"According to Cinnioğlu et al. (2004),[7] there are many Y-DNA haplogroups present in Turkey. The majority of the haplogroups found in the people of Turkey are shared with their West Asian and Caucasian neighbours. The most commonly found haplogroup in Turkey is J2 (24%), which is widespread among the Mediterranean, Caucasian and West Asian populations. By contrast, Central Asian haplogroups are rarer (N and Q – 5.7%) but this figure may rise to 36% if K, R1a, R1b and L (which infrequently occur in Central Asia, but are notable in many other Western Turkic groups) are also included. Haplogroups that are common in Europe (R1b and I – 20%), South Asia (L, R2, H – 5.7%) and Africa (A, E3*, E3a – 1%) are also present."

(click to show/hide)

TL;DR: "turks" in Anatolia are largely the descendents of the various groups of people that lived in and migrated to the area hundreds and sometimes thousands of years before the first hun or turk or mongol ever showed up. The conquests and tribal migrations of Seljuks and other turkic tribes (who had already ruled over and lived in Persia for a while and weren't even "turkish" anymore anyways) was not a population replacement, at most it was elite replacement.

Like a lot of historical ethnic rivalries, the one between greeks and turks is, beneath it all, almost a brotherly war. Ok, perhaps too close, maybe distant cousins? Point is they have more in common with each other than they think.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 02:32:52 pm »
+1
Yeah west asian = middle eastern

And of course the Greek and the Turks are almost the same genetically, they look identical to everyone else, Panos for example is one of the most Turk looking motherfuckers ever
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »
+1
It's just the word "Turk" can be pulled towards many directions and it causes confusion. Is "Turk" a citizen of Turkey, or a descendant of historical Turkic tribes, such as Oghuz,Kipchak,Uyghur etc.. Many Turks don't know who they are descendant from, my grandfather can name up to 5-6 of his ancestors, some have names that are Arabic-descendant like "Abdurrahman". Though most of us have colored eyes and fair hair in the family and we are from Black Sea region. "Kemalist Nationalism" suggests that anyone who is a citizen of Turkey, is a Turk. That means Assyrians, Circassians, Kurds, Laz people, all identifies as a "Turk" -which they don't because of generations of neo-ottomanist discrimination cus we are too stupid to breathe- . Though I came to the point where I don't care at all because I've reached the peak of self-haterness, cba about muh glorious world power nation while everyone laughs at us with their arses. Hope I made my point though.

I am expecting Panos at pilgrimage in İstanbul this Christmas. He will just fit in.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 03:34:29 pm »
+2
It makes as much sense as a common era classification as "ary4n". It would be as if french suddenly decided they were entirely glorious germanics and that the invasion and conquest of the franks, which gave their name to the nation, somehow completely replaced any trace of celtic and roman and etc people who had resided there for centuries prior.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 04:28:56 pm »
Anglos love their centuries old moldy propaganda, you should know that by now. The rapprochement with and mythologizing of german cultural origins was largely due to the hereditary centuries old rivalry with the french, which they did their best to distance themselves from in terms of origins and culture. The propaganda still hasn't caught up to 20th century "cordial entente" between us, maybe in a century or two you'll get moronic brits waxing eloquent about the brotherly bonds between themselves and the french, if there's such a thing as british and french anymore.

Tbf the english do have more of a legitimate claim, if only because the elite replacement caused a large language shift. The franks were latinized and largely addopted the language of the people they conquered, the anglo-saxons imposed their own "lingua franca".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:38:21 pm by Oberyn »