Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 33377 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »
If you want to find something wrong with a show fantasy you will  :lol: the dragons are a tad unrealistic tbh.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
Teleportation is now a thing ? Or superhuman-like abilities I guess, Bronn literally managed to pull his own weight after a battle, plus the weight of a man carrying an armor, a sword and a golden hand; and carry themselves out of the battlefield (500m distance ?).

Dumb political moves, like burning a father and his son in front of dozens of soldiers, then claiming not to be a murderer. Instead of ransoming them or letting them live, nah, let's just burn them and forcibly recruit dozens of useless soldiers instead of letting them go (at the scale of the war they're 100% useless), because that's what we do to be well-perceived, right ? Sansa is being idiotic, basically trying to usurp the throne and gain passively influence, yet I wonder how a leader being absent for a few weeks is something causing unrest, especially when their lives are at stake. I call bullshit on that aswell.

The only good scenes were the ones where Cersei lets her inner Mad Queen out in front of Jaime, and the ones where Gendry appears. Oh and the Hound I guess.

rant/10, they're pulling things out of their asses at this point so the plot moves forward.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2017, 05:25:24 pm »
yet I wonder how a leader being absent for a few weeks is something causing unrest, especially when their lives are at stake.
"We're going to cause a possible civil war because we haven't seen Jon for a few weeks, even though all of humanity faces possible annihilation and we know we're against supernatural undead that we can't defeat without the help of the people who Jon is talking to"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2017, 05:39:41 pm »
The civil war would make more sense if Sansa was fanning the flames more but perhaps the scene with Littlefinger meeting a couple of them was supposed to mean that's what he was doing.

Still though yeah its stupid as hell. And why didn't Jon tell anyone in Winterfell he was heading to the wall and was back in the North? Maybe grab some soldiers or have them meet them at the wall with a raven message?

The lords getting angtsy that Jon is gone talking to another leader at all in a time where Cersei and Dany are both doing shit along with the white walkers threat is ridiculous and convoluted without something else to make it clear why its happening. It just seems like they're upset he went south at all rather than anything concrete.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2017, 05:42:30 pm »
The civil war would make more sense if Sansa was fanning the flames more but perhaps the scene with Littlefinger meeting a couple of them was supposed to mean that's what he was doing.

Still though yeah its stupid as hell. And why didn't Jon tell anyone in Winterfell he was heading to the wall and was back in the North? Maybe grab some soldiers or have them meet them at the wall with a raven message?

The lords getting angtsy that Jon is gone talking to another leader at all in a time where Cersei and Dany are both doing shit along with the white walkers threat is ridiculous and convoluted without something else to make it clear why its happening. It just seems like they're upset he went south at all rather than anything concrete.
I'm pretty sure the Littlefinger scenes were just for Arya's benefit and he wasn't actually conspiring with them. Wouldn't make sense for him to lead her to his actual co-conspirators.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2017, 05:49:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Littlefinger scenes were just for Arya's benefit and he wasn't actually conspiring with them. Wouldn't make sense for him to lead her to his actual co-conspirators.

Maybe. But arya doesn't have a lot of power in the north, political or otherwise. He might just be underestimating her in terms of what she can do to his plot (which is pretty much entirely stabbing people. She wont convince anyone with words). Or it was all a ruse like you're saying to make her think something is going on that isn't in order to force Sansa to try and take over Winterfell.

She was thinking about it and I imagine Littlefinger knows she might do it if she's forced into it. At least littlefinger is getting some screen time despite the lack of real reasons for the lords being upset at Jon and wanting Sansa to be Queen instead.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2017, 05:56:11 pm »
I wonder if being burned alive by her dragon is less painful than by one of Aerys pyromancers? Quicker maybe?
I would like to know what Beric, Thoros and the Hound thought they were going to accomplish beyond the wall with just the three of them?

Is the actor that plays Gendry related to Christian Bale? He looks a lot like him.

Edit: I think Bran should take his flock of ravens and go peck some sense into those complacent maesters at the citadel.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:11:25 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #277 on: August 14, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »
+3
And why didn't Jon tell anyone in Winterfell he was heading to the wall and was back in the North? Maybe grab some soldiers or have them meet them at the wall with a raven message?

Exactly what I was thinking... at least stop by to see your long-thought-dead sister and brother.  :lol:

I'm just gonna assume that the writers didn't want to dilute the motley crew they're sending north of the wall with a bunch of extras... although for the threat to be perceived as real you know they're gonna need someone disposable. Maybe this'll be the end for the guys from the brotherhood (seriously, what was their plan anyways)?

Also, does anyone else think that this idea is just straight up retarded (apart from how risky and unlikely to work it is without some sort of deus ex machina)? How do they even know that a wight will still be animated once they get it out of the North? Perhaps the Night's King magic has a limited range and you can't simply bring a frozen corpse into the warm south and expect it to still be an ice zombie. Anyways, I'm betting on them getting screwed and Benjen comes riding up to save the day (cuz somehow one mounted half-dead ice zombie is better than an entire horde of fully-dead ice zombies). That, or some Northerners find out about Jon's escapades and go north of the wall to rescue him, they show up at the last second to save him, then when they all get back to Winterfell Sansa ridicules him for his stupid failure of an idea that cost many men their lives, etc., Jon is a bad ruler, etc., she takes over, littlefinger grins menacingly, etc.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:03:01 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »
why would you want to watch game of thrones
worst anime out there tbh
shit animation too

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:43 pm »
At least littlefinger is getting some screen time despite the lack of real reasons for the lords being upset at Jon and wanting Sansa to be Queen instead.

This entire contrived sub-plot is to give Sansa and Littlefinger something to do in the story. Like I said earlier in the thread, Sansa is completely irrelevant to the story unless she causes internal strife. So they have to create something retarded out of thin air to make her plot progress.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2017, 10:13:21 pm »
+7
Is it just me that think Gendry's hammer looks fucking stupid, like a plastic toy? would've looked better if the actual hammer part was smaller. For being such a small detail it really bothered me lol.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2017, 10:23:39 pm »
+2
Yeah, no way someone would be able to swing that thing remotely quickly if it's solid metal. It indeed looks like something nerf would make.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »
+1
Exactly what I was thinking... at least stop by to see your long-thought-dead sister and brother.  :lol:

I'm just gonna assume that the writers didn't want to dilute the motley crew they're sending north of the wall with a bunch of extras... although for the threat to be perceived as real you know they're gonna need someone disposable. Maybe this'll be the end for the guys from the brotherhood (seriously, what was their plan anyways)?

Also, does anyone else think that this idea is just straight up retarded (apart from how risky and unlikely to work it is without some sort of deus ex machina)? How do they even know that a wight will still be animated once they get it out of the North? Perhaps the Night's King magic has a limited range and you can't simply bring a frozen corpse into the warm south and expect it to still be an ice zombie. Anyways, I'm betting on them getting screwed and Benjen comes riding up to save the day (cuz somehow one mounted half-dead ice zombie is better than an entire horde of fully-dead ice zombies). That, or some Northerners find out about Jon's escapades and go north of the wall to rescue him, they show up at the last second to save him, then when they all get back to Winterfell Sansa ridicules him for his stupid failure of an idea that cost many men their lives, etc., Jon is a bad ruler, etc., she takes over, littlefinger grins menacingly, etc.

"We need to capture a wight alive to set up an armistice!"

"Ok, that sounds really dumb, but whatever, I think we have some convicted murderers who might accept to try a suicide mission in exchange for a pardon. Let's send a few of them off and see if-"

"NO! THE KING OF THE NORTH AND THE LEADER OF THE FREE FOLK MUST PERSONALLY LEAD THE RAID!"

"Uh, ok, morale is important, must lead from the front, I get it. We'll assemble a few hundred of our best knights and-"

"NO! THEY WILL GO WITH THESE FIVE RANDOM HOBOS WE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY!"

".."

"... ON FOOT!"

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:24 pm »
"We need to capture a wight alive to set up an armistice!"

"Ok, that sounds really dumb, but whatever, I think we have some convicted murderers who might accept to try a suicide mission in exchange for a pardon. Let's send a few of them off and see if-"

"NO! THE KING OF THE NORTH AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE FREE FOLK MUST PERSONALLY LEAD THE RAID!"

"Uh, ok, morale is important, must lead from the front, I get it. We'll assemble a few hundred of our best knights and-"

"NO! THEY WILL GO WITH THESE FIVE RANDOM HOBOS WE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY!"

".."

"... ON FOOT!"
Or the why didn't they just fly the ring into Mordor with Gandalfs eagle buddies and drop it into MT Doom scenario. Couldn't Drogon have swooped down and grabbed a few in each claw and flew back with them to Dragonstone leaving everyone else safe and warm?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2017, 11:39:35 pm »
+4
Or the why didn't they just fly the ring into Mordor with Gandalfs eagle buddies and drop it into MT Doom scenario. Couldn't Drogon have swooped down and grabbed a few in each claw and flew back with them to Dragonstone leaving everyone else safe and warm?

Yeah but then we couldn't write a story about how our heroes, the fellowship of the wight, walked on into frozen mordor to destroy the ring grab an ice zombie!