Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 30239 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2017, 09:19:25 am »
+1
Ep4 was impressive. Hope they keep it up this way.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:43 am »
The battle was very well done. From effects to composition, and the ending was perfect.

It's too bad Tyrion died.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2017, 12:49:29 am »
Twas no battle but a massacre.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:48:32 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2017, 02:38:09 am »
They were caught unprepared, and it wasn't just Dothraki -- an enemy they've never faced before -- it was a dragon. It's like expecting medieval soldiers to stand and fight against an Apache helicopter.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2017, 02:54:02 am »
+1
I know they were caught unprepared and there was a dragon thats why I said it was a massacre not a battle.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:11:13 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2017, 06:42:56 am »
Because that's not how panic works. It doesn't stop instantly after the thing that caused it passes. Look into all the real battles where the morale breaks and the fleeing starts, and how often they turn around to begin fighting again.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »
PENDULUM

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2017, 11:35:51 am »
+1
Damn, what an episode. It is hard to remember anything past the final battle, but what I also really liked is all the Starks coming together. They all have had crazy lengthy and sometimes boring story arcs, but now that they are coming back together, each in their final badass form, I see that the arcs had their purpose. Arya being on point with the fight scene, distracting enough to not notice Miss Sea Cow, much. Fourteen Faceless Men training scenes actually made me accept that she is now a master warrior/assassin.

It's nice that they have so much budget now, they no longer have to skip battles (like they did in season 1 with Tyrion getting knocked out, lol) and can make them look very good. The whole army on the march, the quickly formed battle lines, the Dothraki charge, and the dragon-napalm looked really good, and looked pretty sensible all things considered. Of course the Lannisters knew that the Dothraki army was on Dragonstone, you'd think they'd keep an eye on any armies crossing over, but hey, at least Dragonstone is very close to the battle location. The dragon in battle was not anti-climactic. The ballista situation was cool enough, I mean, it's a pretty goddamn big ballista. No dead dragons, but effectively demonstrating that they are not invincibru.

I am starting to get pretty hyped again, after getting really tired of season 5 with Stannis/Ramsay/Sparrows/Mereen. I am still very curious to see where the Littlefinger situation goes. He gets so much screen-time and he is obviously still working on something, but I don't really see what. Daenerys acts like Dorne does not exist anymore, so apparently those dumb women really were the head and the Dorne army is not going to do shit, classic Dorne army. Also, I have always been hoping to see the Dothraki get rekt by superior Westerosi military tradition and armour, but we probably will not. Three episodes remaining, but at least with the random thrill-ride pace they have set now, I am sure we will get to see some developments.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2017, 12:47:35 pm »
+7
i'd say jamie couch lancing daenerys for 300 damage would be a nice cherry on the top for this episode

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »
+2
When Jaimed started his run at Queen Mary Sue I was internally cheering. Suicidally couch charging stirs something deep within my loins, probably french racial memory.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »
+3
One of my favourite underrated moments in Game of Thrones was in season 1 when it was alternating between Robert Baratheon/Ned Stark and Daenarys/Dothraki.

In the Daenarys arc the conversations were all about how the Dothraki would probably win a pitched battle out in the field, but if the Westerosi are in any way intelligent they'll just sit their men behind stone walls and the Dothraki won't be able to achieve anything. Then it cuts back to Ned Stark and Baratheon's saying "Of course if they come over we'll have to face them in open battle" (cue *cringe* what a terrible king and strategist) but then Ned questions it and Baratheon explains his position and you suddenly realise that he's right and everyone else was wrong. That moment totally won me over with Robert Baratheon's character, and the writing of the show in general - even smart people in the show can be wrong or not see the big picture.
I could not remember this scene so I tried to find it, it is actually a conversation between Cersei and Robert where he explains the Dothraki problem. These type of scenes make me remember how great the first few books, and in extension, the first few seasons were.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2017, 06:39:05 pm »
Also, I have always been hoping to see the Dothraki get rekt by superior Westerosi military tradition and armour, but we probably will not.
I think we will.
Remember this scene between Jorah and the dothraki guy with a whip (can't remember the name)?
- Dothraki don't wear steel dresses.
- Armor.
- Armor...  Armor makes a man slow.
- It's true. But it also keeps a man alive.

I think they will pay this off in the future, not just with the fight between Jorah and the bloodrider where Jorah's armor saved him.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:06 pm »
So who do you guys root for? For myself, it's the lannisters. I don't like any characters that are on the side opposing them. And I genuinely think Tyrion will switch sides in some dramatic moment. It felt like he suddenly became a nationalist or something on the battlefield when the horse rapist said "Your people can't fight" and he saw them getting slaughtered.

Daenerys is a cunt, always has been, always will. But how can she lose? The lannister army should be completely depleted now and the Golden Company can't stand against half of westeros, the dothraki, the unsullied and 3 dragons.

EDIT: Oh yeah I like littlefinger obviously but I don't feel like he'd support starks>targaryens just because he's horny. Also like someone said earlier, what the fuck is he even doing, he's just hanging around in Winterfell, not exactly ambitious like the character is portrayed to be.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2017, 07:08:05 pm »
Oh yeah I like littlefinger obviously but I don't feel like he'd support starks>targaryens just because he's horny. Also like someone said earlier, what the fuck is he even doing, he's just hanging around in Winterfell, not exactly ambitious like the character is portrayed to be.

I feel like the show writers are kinda just neglecting him now that they are done with the books. The notes they got from grrm probably only included the big plot points leading up to how the series ends, with all the subtleties of minor characters completely left up in the air. How I imagine them writing him at this point:

Writer A: "So uh, littlefinger is supposed to be smart and a conniving weasel and all... what exactly is he after at this point?"
Writer B: "The iron throne, obviously."
Writer A: "Right, but what would be a logical path for him to get there? Remember we need to make him seem smart, and such."
Writer B: "Fuck, well... idk. How about he just wants to get into his dead crush's daughter's pants?"
Writer A: "Yeah sure, that's a lot simpler."
Writer B: "K, glad we agree. So how is he gonna go about doing that?"
Writer A: "Uhh... well he's gonna has to stick around in Winterfell, stay with the starks and uhhh... how about we just have him chill and we'll either fill in the intricacies in the last season or just kill him off randomly if we don't think of anything?"
Writer B: "K sounds good."

I'm kinda hoping that he comes up with some sick plot, only to eventually be foiled by Brann knowing everything. Only makes sense for someone as smart and calculated as him to be undone by someone who knows literally everything. This would also give Brann something to actually do so he could be useful now that he's all-knowing (and done fuck all with those powers).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:11:35 pm by Jona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
So who do you guys root for? For myself, it's the lannisters. I don't like any characters that are on the side opposing them. And I genuinely think Tyrion will switch sides in some dramatic moment. It felt like he suddenly became a nationalist or something on the battlefield when the horse rapist said "Your people can't fight" and he saw them getting slaughtered.
I don't really root for any side, I just root for the characters that I like.
And yeah, something interesting is going on with Tyrion there.

The lannister army should be completely depleted now
How so? It was just a small portion of Lannister forces, a caravan. Remember, all the gold got to King's Landing safely.