Author Topic: Thinking of becoming a vegetarian  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
Re: Thinking of becoming a vegetarian
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 12:22:27 am »
+2
But in modern world, food industry is so huge that animals are abused a fuck lot.
So try being vegan. Much like you would try getting fit, if you fall off the wagon you get back on it asap, whenever you fall off.

This is not how nature works dude.
Maybe don't put so much weight into that. "Nature" gave us some wildcards like radiation, cancer, death etc.

And human is not superior to other beings in the world nor more valuable.
I would disagree with that on most measures of value. Would have to know what you mean superior in, and who or what we are valuable to compared to other lifeforms.

I personally love meat and animal products, however I have those things lingering in my mind all the time.
I split this problem into two different fronts, nutrition and satisfaction.
Nutrition I can sum up as need to get enough B12, protein, and iron. Not that hard though.
Satisfaction examples are: bacon = salty, chewy, fatty, savoury. Slight sweetness too. It's a design problem. How can you achieve this experience? Some foods that meet that need for me are these seasoned soy bean curd strips I can get cheaply from a Chinese supermarket that's not that far from me. There's a company called Fry Family Food Co. which do loads of products that hit the meat spot for me. And there are plenty of experiments documented on the interwebz for you to try out.l

I think to myself, if more people had the will to stop this whole thing wouldn't be that bad.
You have to make it easy for yourself, i.e. prep your food to take with you to work etc, find recipes that replace the elements of your goto meat/dairy stuff.

(click to show/hide)

You must have something like this nearby: https://www.boxpark.co.uk/blog/what-the-pitta/

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2017, 06:32:39 pm »
Go pescatarian, it's easy mode

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2017, 10:14:13 am »
+2
Go pescatarian, it's easy mode

It's spelled Presbyterian
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 10:45:54 am »
i wanted to go vegetarian after i spent 1 month in nepal eating veg food only, but then on my way home from the airport i went through my local farmers market and the first thing i bought were two blood sausages and a deer steak.

problem with meat from my point of view is it takes much more land to grow than veg food - especially beef. 1 cow can feed like dozen times more people if you'd rather grow veg food on its pastures. also meat is pretty hard to digest, if you have it often it really isn't good for your digestion and causes tons of additional health problems. the last and maybe biggest problem is that stuff like pikeperch or propper steak just taste so well i couldn't go without it.

but i eat like at least 2x less meat than i used to and i buy good one ....... and i feel better :)

OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 03:09:48 pm »
But gents think about that peameal bacon with corn breading. How could you go without the peameal...

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 09:09:10 am »
+1
But gents think about that peameal bacon with corn breading. How could you go without the peameal...

i want to make hash but with that instead of corned beef

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 01:18:35 pm »
i want to make hash but with that instead of corned beef

mmmm. Shit I went and made myself hungry. DAMN THIS THREAD

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:03 pm »
I'm thinking of becoming a Leshma. Opinions, advice?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 05:07:50 pm »
I'm thinking of becoming a Leshma. Opinions, advice?
Lots of deficiencies there.