Author Topic: how many have had their x1 heireloom sell for 300k+?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
how many have had their x1 heireloom sell for 300k+?
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:42 pm »
as it states i keep checking the market and the same items are there for there outrageous prices, wonder if one or two have been bought without be noticeing
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: how many have had their x1 heireloom sell for 300k+?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »
as it states i keep checking the market and the same items are there for there outrageous prices, wonder if one or two have been bought without be noticeing

I see people wanting to buy at 200k, so my price is 250k for an heirloom atm.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:51:49 pm »
sounds better than most of the x1 heirlooms
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:01:46 pm »
lol what a waste of heirloom imo  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:03:44 pm »
I wonder too...
I wouldn't buy a x1 herloom for 300k. Simply because that is way more than I earn for one generation.

At the most you can earn 436,792 gold = 8,735,843 / 1000 * 50 if you grind to lvl 31 (with 0 upkeep peasant gear).

But the thing is, who does that? Very few I guess. And those who are willing to trade gold to get stuff instead of retiring and grinding don't have that much money because they don't play with peasant gear.
The cheapest x3 heirlooms are now being sold for 900.000 which is way too much imo.

But I guess we will soon see a massive decrease in prices. A x3 heirloom for 600k is still a bit too much for most players.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:06:33 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 09:07:06 pm »
Playing as an archer (so with quite low repair cost), i did like 150k in all my way to lv31.  :rolleyes:
Still wouldn't sell any x1 heirloom for less than 200k, since i don't have many and well.. i deserved them, and it's my Father's ! No way i'll sell them to strangers, even if i have to eat grass to survive !  :twisted:

Unreasonable price. But there's unreasonable people who actually buy them, so of course sellers will continue selling it at thoses prices. Just natural way of trading. :rolleyes:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 09:09:21 pm »
i dont think i've sold +1 for more than 250k ever, and that was just a lucky trade after having put it in the market and being away for some hours... and i've traded alot!

i'd say 200k per loom is a fair price, little more for the items everyone needs, little less for items few people need.

it should go from 400k to 800k for mw items

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »
The actual trades go on in the forum marketplace and by private message.  All those you see listed up there stay up there for days on end because the sellers don't know the actual price that people buy heirlooms for.  The trades that area ctually completed by pm usually only show up on the market for a few minutes and are gone.  Most of the currently listed heirlooms on the website marketplace are listed for twice the going rate of heirlooms.  Your best bet is to pm the owner and negotiate (unless theya re completely clueless and think their heirloom is really worth a million gold).  Especially with the nerf to heirlooming, +1 damage on a once heirloomed sword is never going to be worth 400K gold.  Some of the bows/xbows (bigger heirloom buff) are worth more than other heirlooms like arrows or shields, yet people list MW bodkin arrows for 1 million gold having no idea there actual value.

A great solution would be to have a bank or random sell-off by chadz and company for 350K per heirloom point applied to an item, which would act as a ceiling (most expensive) so people can get a sense of actual worth and would support more active trading. 

But until then, best solution pm personal messages to people listing in the marketplace forum or website.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »
I just got offered 600k for x1 heirloom point   8-)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:10 pm »
the point i keep stressing is most x1 heirlooms are not worth more than 100-200k but until every one puts there heirloom down to that level the economy is dead. example* A sells his heirloom for 150k to B, B now has an heirloom , A goes to the market and buys an X1 heirloom of his choice or keeps the money. As it is now A sells his x1 heirloom at 375k(lowest i seen), B doesn't have the money because hes a new player(gen1-3) and at best may have 90k-100k if he hasn't bought anything in 2 gens, heirloom stays in market, economy stands still.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 09:45:01 pm »
the point i keep stressing is most x1 heirlooms are not worth more than 100-200k but until every one puts there heirloom down to that level the economy is dead. example* A sells his heirloom for 150k to B, B now has an heirloom , A goes to the market and buys an X1 heirloom of his choice or keeps the money. As it is now A sells his x1 heirloom at 375k(lowest i seen), B doesn't have the money because hes a new player(gen1-3) and at best may have 90k-100k if he hasn't bought anything in 2 gens, heirloom stays in market, economy stands still.

Erm... what ? Is your economy closed or open ? You say A buys an heirloom from someone else, then you  say the heirloom is going to stay in the market because B can't buy it ? Besides, 375k is a ridiculous price for a +1 IMO. I don't understand what your point is. If I put an heirloom for sale at 20M gold, well it's my problem...

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 10:06:52 pm »
i said example as in, if every one lowered their price to 150k for heirloomx1

edit*
that's  whats happening now, i put example but clearly you ignored the example with the * next to it, then ignored the period that ended the example
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:09:08 pm by tankmen »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 10:14:17 pm »
i said example as in, if every one lowered their price to 150k for heirloomx1

edit*  that's  whats happening now, i put example but clearly you ignored the example with the * next to it, then ignored the period that ended the example

Not going to happen, because somebody will always want to see if they can get 25K more for it.  There has been meeting of the minds around 175K-225K per heirloom point (Tsar we are talking about already assigned heirloomed points), but those deals are quickly concluded on the market after they have pmed each other with an agreement so you just don't see them, but they are continually taking place.  However, the marketplace has slowed down considerably since the start because most people with reasonable ideas of the value of their heirlooms have sold/traded/bought and there mainly remains the emotionally attached people who just can't part with their heirloom for less than 2 million (even though no one person has the gold to buy that item and even if they did they wouldn't pay that much for your shitty heirloom).  But there is still the occasional trade and evena few sales you just don't see going on because they are not ont the virtual amrketplace long enough to be noticed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:15:22 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »
If you'd be attached to your heirloom why would you put it on the market in the first place? I've had the same problem, I just wanted to trade heirlooms, but how can I take a 200k offer when I have to buy 400k for the new one. So, I've sold it for 400k, bought what I wanted for 400k, no problem at all for me. Sure, it are kind of unrealistic prices but since the values of gold and heirlooms are extremely subjective, you have to go with the majority. Still, people will find the balance sooner or later, simply by virtue of not getting their trades.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »
the problem is that most people only buy for half the value of the heirlooms and sells for twice the value as they are afraid to get a bad deal... In the beginning, people were open to the new feature, and you were actually able to do some trading... now you can look for days without finding a reasonable offer.

One of the main problems is that sometimes some archer or ninja with 1,5 million gold needs something, and he just needs that one thing - therefore he offers 1 million for it, and that makes people think their crap is actually worth 1 million.

200k per heirloom at average is a reasonable price, and people should stop asking for much more.