Author Topic: Drum and bass is silly  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Drum and bass is silly
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 07:00:04 pm »
+1
AC/DC is really overrated, just like most other "classic" bands. They have a few really good songs, but the rest is pretty bland and repetitive.

Limp Bizkit rocks tho \m/
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 07:04:20 pm »
+1
Yes, I love the squeaky puberty voice of the edgy vocalist.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:17 pm »
+1
Reoccurring patterns are fine, but the exact same loop of drums starts to get annoying after a while. Look at this for example:

yeah that´s DnB which you don´t really actively listen to, that´s more like background noise when you´re working on something but want to keep yourself active/in some kind of flow, it´s nice for drawing/modeling stuff for a longer time, nothing I´d listen to in my car though

very nice list there, you might like The Raconteurs, Goodshirt, Proleter, Savant...
wait.
you got Pendulum in your list, isn´t that DnB aswell?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »
+2
Yes, I love the squeaky puberty voice of the edgy vocalist.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 10:58:46 pm »
+1
am I the only one who think that this topic was created with the only intention to drop this:
(click to show/hide)
just to show us how much you're an "elitistic" musicuck?

<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Amen break is silly
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 12:05:06 am »
+2
I may be an elitist musicuck, but you're not the only one
~John Lemon, 2016

yeah that´s DnB which you don´t really actively listen to, that´s more like background noise when you´re working on something but want to keep yourself active/in some kind of flow, it´s nice for drawing/modeling stuff for a longer time, nothing I´d listen to in my car though

very nice list there, you might like The Raconteurs, Goodshirt, Proleter, Savant...
wait.
you got Pendulum in your list, isn´t that DnB aswell?

The Raconteurs is good, but dangerously close to White Stripes.
Goodshirt sounds like your local band of basement rockers. Not super amazing, but very comfy and pleasant to listen to.
Proleter is funky fresh, but feels like there's something missing, and it's either vocals or some more variety across single tracks. The songs just sound more like background rather than standalone songs.
I should have put Savant on the list, but forgot

I think I got the whole thing wrong and should rephrase OP. Amen break is shamelessly overused in electronic music, and any artist who uses it in more than one of their songs deserves to be gas chamber'd. Musicians who base most of their music around the Amen break deserve a special hell.
Some Pendulum songs don't have the Amen break and that makes them OK I guess, but I won't miss the band if they all die in a fire.

Drum and bass is fine, as long as it doesn't contain the Amen break. It just triggers my autism for some reason.

btw I didn't think anyone would read the whole list

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 12:08:50 am »
+4
everyone knows that post progressive alternative technical atmospheric blackened-kadeth metal is the only genre worth listening to

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 12:28:09 am »
+1
everyone knows that post progressive alternative technical atmospheric blackened-kadeth metal is the only genre worth listening to

atmospheric technical metal does sound ideal
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 12:39:23 am »
+1
atmospheric technical metal does sound ideal

is there a metal thread around here somewhere that i can necro, or do we need a new thread?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 01:03:41 am »
+1
is there a metal thread around here somewhere that i can necro, or do we need a new thread?

Pretty sure there is one down there, mightve been panos that started it, not sure.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 01:07:14 am »
+1
http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/help-me-with-metal/
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 753
  • Infamy: 967
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 01:17:09 am »
Reoccurring patterns are fine, but the exact same loop of drums starts to get annoying after a while.

Depends. If tempo is changing in an interesting way same rhythm can keep you interested for awhile (techno song I posted is good example of that). Music is basically math we hear with our ears, it can literally be shown as math equation. Music can sometimes be imperfect but that has nothing to do with equation. Those little quirks come for analog equipment we use to play music and since we humans like imperfect things because we find them interesting, many of us prefer analog devices for recording and playing music. It gives personality to music because you never know when something odd is going to happen. Digital devices changed that, removed a lot of that "noise", which is why many people dislike them and prefer "real" instruments.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:20:12 am by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1279
  • Infamy: 1785
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 01:35:45 am »

Limp Bizkit rocks tho \m/

Limp Bizkit is on same level like Nickelback. Not dissing on Nickelback, I actually dig their music. They have the most American song ever made by Canadian band. This song basically sums up everything I know about America in just four minutes and fifteen seconds:

Donald should consider using this as national anthem instead of that boring, old ass song that is always sung by some hot mulatto murican girl. Imagine Kid Rock with Dolly Parton on his shoulders singing some mix of country and hard rock while giant billboard screen in the back is showing pictures of Hulk Hogan. Pretty damn American, isn't it? Well Rockstar by Nickelback beats it by a mile.

Easily beats: KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN IMA FRED DURST AND IMA DUMB KEEEP ONN ROLLLINNN

Dear god, my youth was spent in listening some shit music :lol:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 05:18:07 am »
+1

As this thread is on my mind i stumble upon som DnB which actually pleases mine ears. I used to be very closeminded against all computer music (mostly due to my dad being much against it, which he kinda made me think as well as a kid), yet now i do appreciate many kinds of it, such as synthwave. I think its very fitting for racing games at high speeds to have dnb.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:19:53 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 09:20:39 am »
+1
I think I got the whole thing wrong and should rephrase OP. Amen break is shamelessly overused in electronic music, and any artist who uses it in more than one of their songs deserves to be gas chamber'd. Musicians who base most of their music around the Amen break deserve a special hell.
Some Pendulum songs don't have the Amen break and that makes them OK I guess, but I won't miss the band if they all die in a fire.

welp ok, that´s then, like, your opinion, man, I like to listen to whatever my ears like, no matter how overused it is. But I have a similar grudge against modern pop music, sounds all the same, yet they´re successful  cause music peasants want their trash

sometimes my ears like weird shit though

especially this one. I think Gravoth might like it too though  (warning: very sexual noises, audio is very sexul)
https://soundcloud.com/dj-bitchin/granding-in-my-dad