Author Topic: A Direct Appeal to chadz  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
A Direct Appeal to chadz
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:47:13 pm »
+19
Before I begin, I would like to address the elephant in the room that is OKAM. I don't know on what terms you left the development team, but I do understand no longer being a part of the project you began must be incredibly disappointing, and you have my sympathy. But you should know that the support you received from the cRPG community speaks volumes to the quality of work you put into your first game. I know you did not design Warband from the ground up, but you and the Donkey Crew transformed the Mount & Blade multiplayer experience from a one-and-done novelty into a fun RPG that has lived on for around 7 years.

I think I can speak for many of the members of this community when I say this game is a masterpiece. There are some flaws with the changes that came to how points worked in 2013 and 2014, but those changes have not ruined this game by any stretch of the imagination. Discussing it with James, he put it well by saying it's analogous to CS 1.6, a sort of timeless classic with solid mechanics. This, combined with the the customization of both class and armor, has given this game endless replayability, even if you need to take a break from it every now and then.

In the off-chance you've read this, I want to thank you for the time you've put in to creating a fun game for all of us, be it cRPG or OKAM. While you can't control the fate of OKAM, you certainly have the power to continue making cRPG a great experience for the fans who've stuck around all these years. It's very time-consuming, I understand, but there are people around who would love to help. With the revival in recent weeks, it would be a shame for everyone to part ways again because the mod has fallen into minor disrepair. There are still new faces showing up on the servers, and I think it's only fair that they have an equally fun experience as the rest of us have had these many years. cRPG continues to be the most fun and competitive multiplayer mod for Mount & Blade, so why not keep it that way?

Thanks for taking the time, and all the best.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
Re: A Direct Appeal to chadz
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »
+8
crpg is love crpg is life, i dont even care about getting cancer, i just want to play crpg

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:19:51 pm »
+1
Well said Dionysus.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:49:51 am »
+4
Before I begin, I would like to address the elephant in the room that is OKAM. I don't know on what terms you left the development team, but I do understand no longer being a part of the project you began must be incredibly disappointing, and you have my sympathy. But you should know that the support you received from the cRPG community speaks volumes to the quality of work you put into your first game. I know you did not design Warband from the ground up, but you and the Donkey Crew transformed the Mount & Blade multiplayer experience from a one-and-done novelty into a fun RPG that has lived on for around 7 years.

I think I can speak for many of the members of this community when I say this game is a masterpiece. There are some flaws with the changes that came to how points worked in 2013 and 2014, but those changes have not ruined this game by any stretch of the imagination. Discussing it with James, he put it well by saying it's analogous to CS 1.6, a sort of timeless classic with solid mechanics. This, combined with the the customization of both class and armor, has given this game endless replayability, even if you need to take a break from it every now and then.

In the off-chance you've read this, I want to thank you for the time you've put in to creating a fun game for all of us, be it cRPG or OKAM. While you can't control the fate of OKAM, you certainly have the power to continue making cRPG a great experience for the fans who've stuck around all these years. It's very time-consuming, I understand, but there are people around who would love to help. With the revival in recent weeks, it would be a shame for everyone to part ways again because the mod has fallen into minor disrepair. There are still new faces showing up on the servers, and I think it's only fair that they have an equally fun experience as the rest of us have had these many years. cRPG continues to be the most fun and competitive multiplayer mod for Mount & Blade, so why not keep it that way?

Thanks for taking the time, and all the best.

you forgot the part where you denounce archery in all of its forms and tell chadz he's ugly because he hasn't banned horse archery

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:10:15 am »
honestly... tl;dr - sorry.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:24 am »
+1
honestly... tl;dr - sorry.

Tl;dr
Move thy ass and fix the mod donkey knave

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 09:37:59 am »
+3
agree with dyonisus

but if i was at chadz place, i would probably have no motivation or envy to come back and work on crpg... and i would like to do something else than coming back into an old project.

imo chadz was one of the best drug dealer, he made so many ppl addicted and he should be proud of it ! =p

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:35:09 pm »
+1
but if i was at chadz place, i would probably have no motivation or envy to come back and work on crpg... and i would like to do something else than coming back into an old project.

Right, I totally understand that. I can only hope he would entrust the mod to someone else if he didn't want to take care of it anymore.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
I'd love to see C-RPG revived, though it would only work under Donkey Crew in my opinion. I'd rather have it dead and good than bad and alive.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 10:46:19 pm »
Right, I totally understand that. I can only hope he would entrust the mod to someone else if he didn't want to take care of it anymore.
+100
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die