Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 34293 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2018, 01:26:24 am »
It just doesn't work because the raid is the only mode in right now. Also I think they said there might be vaulting at some point.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2018, 11:21:32 am »
Not official or anything, but it does seem BSG increased base speed and jump height a bit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/8fo59n/bsg_made_jump_higher_and_sprint_faster_on_lvl_0/

I must say it did feel kinda easy going over different obstacles yesterday with 0 STR.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »
+1
Yeah jump height actually feels fairly decent right now.

Some team wipes from today, plus getting hit in the helmet effect:

VAL is probably going to be my main gun once I farm up the trades for the 30 round mags
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2018, 04:58:38 am »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2018, 02:15:42 am »
Yeah jump height actually feels fairly decent right now.

Some team wipes from today, plus getting hit in the helmet effect:

VAL is probably going to be my main gun once I farm up the trades for the 30 round mags

Nice kills. VAL is a great gun and the sound it makes is awesome. With 30 rounder it's gonna be sick, at first I was sceptical of VAL due to it's ammo having low pen but that shit fires so fast.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2018, 08:24:44 am »
Nice kills. VAL is a great gun and the sound it makes is awesome. With 30 rounder it's gonna be sick, at first I was sceptical of VAL due to it's ammo having low pen but that shit fires so fast.
It wasn't very good last patch, but they upped the pen. The penetration is still much worse than the best AR rounds because those were buffed too, but because armor wasn't buffed, that doesn't matter -- best AP AR rounds have so much penetration it's redundant. For example, before patch 0.8, 545 BP had 44 damage and 32 penetration. This patch, SP6 has 58 damage and 32 penetration (used to be 51 & 25). More than enough to kill armored players, especially with the rate of fire.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2018, 01:12:30 am »
Hm, seen my first hacker tonight, flew around the corner with high speed and just and one tapped both me and my friend in the head within 1 second or even less, was quite a distance between us as well.

Also, who sells Comtacs and the other headset and at what level? Really missing the improved hearing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:17 pm »
Ragman, level 2. Level 3 is the new better headset.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2018, 12:47:21 am »
Took my 30 round AS VAL for a spin, first thing I run into a 3-4 man squad (pretty sure there were 4 but the last guy ran away). As usual, they thought they were invincible, making so much fucking noise and moving around completely unorganized. Funnily enough, they all had clan tags in their names too.

Definitely my favorite gun with the 30 rounder.

Also I really can't wait for the audio rework. It's almost impossible to tell the floor people are on, and almost as difficult sometimes to tell if they're behind or in front of you...
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2018, 03:59:08 pm »
Also I really can't wait for the audio rework. It's almost impossible to tell the floor people are on, and almost as difficult sometimes to tell if they're behind or in front of you...

Yeah, I have several issues with audio. Your own footsteps are still too loud and distracting, direction is sometimes hard to tell as well as vertical position and the ambient sounds are too loud, especially often deafening rain.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2018, 08:36:51 pm »
Also I've had level 51 endurance and 51 strength for a couple of days already. Golly that strength wipe sure was impactful

51 endurance in particular is OP as fuck. Never run out of stamina.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2018, 09:47:30 pm »
Also I've had level 51 endurance and 51 strength for a couple of days already.

That's insane, how did you manage to get to elite endurance and strength so fast? They both level so absurdly slow

EDIT: Interchange glitch right?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:08:33 am by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2018, 11:26:30 am »
That's insane, how did you manage to get to elite endurance and strength so fast? They both level so absurdly slow

EDIT: Interchange glitch right?
Yeah, after Klean kept advertising on his stream how nothing would happen to exploiters (OK as a policy, fucking retarded for the PR guy to constantly shout so the maximum amount of people do it), I figured I might as well do it myself, then. The youtube video had 5k+ views when I checked it too.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2018, 12:49:01 pm »
Yeah I found it and have done the same. Every single time I went to Interchange I saw at least one guy doing it, so it's quite known. If you don't do it you're basically just gimping yourself, because elite endurance and strength are huge advantages.

Also, encountered more speedhacking/invulnerable hackers (one of those simply shrugged off ~40 sks shots lol). They seem to be more abundant on Shoreline. BSG really needs to get on top of this, either with their own anticheat or adopting an already established one. Haven't seen hacking so ramptant in quite a while.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:23:46 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »
Yeah I saw someone there every time I went, too. Like you say you're gimping yourself if you don't do it, especially now that endurance and strength level at a snail's pace legitimately. It's so stupid, a legit player will have like 10 endurance/3 strength by the time they're level 35-40, so if you don't exploit, then the exploiters have a massive leg up. Especially since it's taking BSG so long to patch it, and all the while they're advertising that it won't get you banned (which also tells people who didn't know about it that it exists). Almost 10k views on that video now....

Only seen one invulnerable hacker so far, but hackers do seem more common this patch judging by all the reddit posts about it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.