Author Topic: Lands of Lords  (Read 16750 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Lords
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 06:09:12 pm »
Not only the melee skill, but your movement speed improves significantly with a good horse. Same goes for work horses and catapults.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 08:47:42 am »
+1
War!

One of our allies (https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Silmaril) is being attacked by some vassals of Mohandar. Me and Spud have sent a bunch of knights and other troops down there to fight. If you wish to participate come to discord. Otherwise we'll need some defending troops as well, just in case this attack is a bait or something.

If you just want to observe the clash then look at the tiles inside the city of Silmaril
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:29:04 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:42 am »
Oh damn!

I'll untask all military units under the Lordship of Heskeyshire and keep them on standby. I have 350 units at this point, hopefully be enough to slow down anything coming at us from the north-western side of the map.

Will get in Discord after work in case anything needs doing on the front.

As I'm unlikely to be able to do much whilst I'm at work, do not hesitate to draft any of my units into military service for the realm. Every one of them should have high quality gear.

Good good. For now we're good on the offensive front, but we'll call for your troops if we need them.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 10:39:09 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh hai!

Von Kremsland rulez!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 11:14:43 am »
Victory! The occupying force fled like the cockroaches they are. It's also incredible the game allows pulling back a force mid combat on the same tile... even the knocked out troops. Screens incoming.

EDIT: Sadly no screens of both forces while they were on the same tile. Was busy catching these fleeting cowards.

County of Silmaril being occupied

A part of their forces occupying the Silmaril palace (later retaken by Spud's knights)

Caught a fleeting force in the open field with my knights... didn't end well for them. Sadly, some of the units escaped even when knocked out...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:20:44 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 11:55:52 am »
That's good.

Because military units are actually kinda moving from tile to tile as they escape unlike other units that I believe pretty-much teleport from start-point to end-point (could be wrong), is it possible to wait enroute for them and attack? Or can you only attack them when they stop moving?

Otherwise I don't see how you could really massacre an enemy army unless catching them when inactive.

--

Are you going to pursue them back to their lands?

It's weird. It seems that the army instant teleports (though with a timer), just like normal units. This doesn't make any sense to me. So you select which tile the army moves to, units are basically gone from both the tile you are departing from and the tile you are departing to. So essentially invincible? It's stupid.

---

Right now we are not pursuing as they have retreated deeper into Mohandar. They're a formidable foe so we need to discuss with our allies what to do.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 12:07:54 pm »
A bunch of us have LOL+. It's okay for other actions (honestly not pay2win), but for military movement it should be disabled. Borderline broken there. Made a thread about all these issues on the official "forum" :D Guess you could say I'm somewhat salty that I knocked out 7 of their units and they instantly disappeared (moved away) directly from under my nose...

https://www.landsoflords.com/forum/346805

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 12:26:14 pm »
Nice. It's good to know how to abuse the broken combat movement mechanics, at least until it gets fixed. Yeah I've been thinking about how tokens can be broken for military movement for some time now as well.

But what makes me extra salty is that it's so easy to run away from combat currently ongoing in a tile, and with goddamn unconscious units???? aaaa i had like 7 knocked out units in that tile and they just ran away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poof back to warpspace haha!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 12:34:36 pm »
Oh god this sounds like stronghold kingdoms all over again

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
Yes, I conceived these movement tactics when I realised how generous it was with all types of movement in combat (as in, combat makes zero difference to the existing rules). The drag-and-drop strategy isn't token dependent, but over very short distances (few tiles) is actually quicker to do imo since it's fewer mouseclicks. If you want to split your force from one tile onto the 4 surrounding tiles instantly, it's worth knowing about.

I'm in 2 minds about free movement in combat. It's less restrictive and doesn't force you to learn a new ruleset for movement compared to what you're used to. And maybe it was conceived to keep combat mobile and not have everything settled in a single pitched battle that leaves the loser helpless. But imo this basically encourages the old Strategus technique of attacking at garbage hours to kill the army whilst players aren't looking.

Someone on the forum said there's about a minute long timer that prevents moving away from a tile when an enemy military force arrives. So the way to prevent the enemy from moving away from a tile is to micromanage one unit that keeps hopping from neighbouring tile back to the combat tile... seems really microheavy and impossible to control in larger scale battles.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 12:56:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure that all units, including military move just Start tile > End tile. Only if the action gets cancelled, the game calculates where you would land.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 01:03:37 pm »
+1
I am randomly building things that sound useful...  :oops:
(click to show/hide)
...am I doing this right? :P

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:26 pm »
My added tip: if you want to make easy money - build a furnace, buy iron ore from the market (cheapest), and use wood to smelt the iron ore into iron, then sell to npc at lowest price (the XXXX buy order on the market)

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »
My added tip: if you want to make easy money - build a furnace, buy iron ore from the market (cheapest), and use wood to smelt the iron ore into iron, then sell to npc at lowest price (the XXXX buy order on the market)
I am building a coal furnace by accident already \o/

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »
Coal's useful, and not a bad source of early income if you get people on wood. That's not a bad mistake.

Also, just my personal recommendation, I would get as many people on huts as you can possible manage until you have closer to 20 settlers. Then start branching out into money-making schemes

Agreed. Your starting resources should last you a while so you don't actually need to generate any money. When you have about 20 then start building economy as well. That doesn't mean you should stop hut spamming though :)