Author Topic: my message to warlock gaming vultures  (Read 1523 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
my message to warlock gaming vultures
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:30:06 pm »
+20
My message to the shitlords that removed our donkeys from OKAM development. Posted here aswell for those of you never returning to the other forum.

Devs from CRPG are a great group and I am sad to see that they won't work on OKAM any more.
   In truth we may have shitposted one or two too many times
      Everyone had a positive outlook in the beginning

It's a sad statement about the state of Early Access the way this has gone
            No one expected that chadz and the DC could be treated so poorly by their sponsors

Anyone that would remove chadz from his passion project OKAM clearly has cancer of the heart

For now it looks like we will return to CRPG
                     It is after all much more complete than OKAM and now our beloved Donkey God has gone
                        Regrets, I've had a few
                           Est quaedam flere voluptas

Offline _uwu_

• Count
  • Renown: 158
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck u
    • View Profile
  • Faction: calradian confederacy
  • Game nicks: uwu, wrigglypete, firebert_amstrad, pupster
Re: my message to warlock gaming vultures
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:42:39 pm »
+2
My message to the shitlords that removed our donkeys from OKAM development. Posted here aswell for those of you never returning to the other forum.

Devs from CRPG are a great group and I am sad to see that they won't work on OKAM any more.
   In truth we may have shitposted one or two too many times
      Everyone had a positive outlook in the beginning

It's a sad statement about the state of Early Access the way this has gone
            No one expected that chadz and the DC could be treated so poorly by their sponsors

Anyone that would remove chadz from his passion project OKAM clearly has cancer of the heart

For now it looks like we will return to CRPG
                     It is after all much more complete than OKAM and now our beloved Donkey God has gone
                        Regrets, I've had a few
                           Est quaedam flere voluptas

dam
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »
+5
Raid and pillage all their games reviews in  the near future

DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:40:00 pm »
+4
I  going to see if I can initiate a refund based on the game being made by a different team than was advertised.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 08:00:52 pm »
+1
I  going to see if I can initiate a refund based on the game being made by a different team than was advertised.

omg lol do it jahayums
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:46:48 pm »
Wait they fired him? I am guessing I heard the wrong story or something, from what I was told he sold it and left. A few other people seem to think this as well.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:47:37 pm »
+3
Cheers,

Lemme know if you have any luck, I'd like to follow suit. Not that the couple of quid matter to me, but I saw that as a donation for hours in cRPG (once i affirmed the game wouldnt run on my setup) and now it's not.

Woah, I havent even left a review yet. I'll wait for the new team to get settled in before doing that.

If this happens I will take my refund money and give it to cRPG instead
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 2047
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 12:10:17 am »
+3
Wait they fired him? I am guessing I heard the wrong story or something, from what I was told he sold it and left. A few other people seem to think this as well.

chadz sold his soul and in return he got funding for M:BG (and office space in NI). It's not like he sold the game rights and is enjoying the millions. Without publisher they would be forced to stop working on it two years ago (not sure about exact time).

Yeah, they fired him. I abuse this joke a lot, but it finally came true... what happened to chadz is similar to what happened to Chris Roberts during Freelancer development. Started working on huge game, broken deadlines, funding run out, publisher (Microsoft) came to the rescue, after some time they asked Roberts to leave because game was nowhere to be finalized under his lead. They took what was created so far, polished it a bit and released the game.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2409
  • Infamy: 2693
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 12:17:14 am »
+2
There isn't much difference between being fired and being forced to leave after you're basically being demoted to nowhere. Similar happened to Kojima, he was game director and studio lead on paper during last few years of MGS5 development but in reality he was locked in a box and lost most of his rights. Most people tend to leave in such situation, it is like company forcing you to fire yourself.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 05:27:26 am »
I saw that as a donation for hours in cRPG
Rofl, dude, why didn't you use this stuff for donations then? :mrgreen:

This is the thing i'll never comprehend - how on earth buyng a game (which imo was and still is obviously a raw and unfinished product, but that's a different story) can be considered as donation, especially when there was and still is a special page on a website, where you can donate your money freely directly to chadz & co? Fuck logic, lol

Just like when you buy a book from the store, you're not donating much to its author, you're just buying a thing. You're paying for production expences mostly, like cost of paper, cost of ink, cost of printing the thing, cost of magazine workers salaries and so on, plus margin for both publishers and sellers obviously. In such model the author gets like 5% from each selled book in very best case (at least here in Russia, and beleive me I know what I am talking about). Yes, my example was about book publishing business, but I don't think that game publishing business is so much different. You're a grown man, and you can't be so much isolated from the world not to know such basics of how economics works. The most part of money you guys "donated" went to GMG and Valve, not to Donkeys, that's simple.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:32:05 am by Porthos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 06:15:00 am »
+4
Rofl, dude, why didn't you use this stuff for donations then? :mrgreen:

He said that he couldn't run OKAM on his computer, so paying for the game was about "backing" it and putting his money toward the project pretty much. I almost did the same thing (my computer can't handle OKAM either) but put it off and now I'm kind of glad I didn't. Will probably donate on the crpg site now instead.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »
If i spent money on their new project, I would be supporting them in their new project and helping in a small way to make that a success. If that success translated into wages/bonus/whatever then I would be supporting them directly.
Well, considering that chadz and co remain minority shareholders in the company, you can now go ahead and buy some more copies of the game just to, you know, support and help them much with "donating" your money :mrgreen:
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 06:41:14 pm »
+2
Well, considering that chadz and co remain minority shareholders in the company, you can now go ahead and buy some more copies of the game just to, you know, support and help them much with "donating" your money :mrgreen:

The point wasn't to give money to chadz and co. The point was to support the project they had dedicated themselves to in thanks of what they gave us for crpg. So that the project can keep on going. That's the reason I ended up shilling out for OKAM. I could play the game, but as the epic idea was created and the core idea behind the game changed, I became less and less interested, that said I'd still gladly support the Donkey Crew in hopes that they can make their dreams come true. Not like 20$ is a big difference to me anyway, I was willing to back 100$ on the kickstarter. It's sad the route that OKAM went down, but that is life and I hope the donkey crew are doing alright after all this mess.

C-RPG was a great time in my life, memories I'll never forget and times I can only hope to mimic in the future. Hopefully people relapse into the servers and good times can come again, if not I hope for a crpg 2.0 in bonerlord.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »
+3
The point wasn't to give money to chadz and co. The point was to support the project they had dedicated themselves to in thanks of what they gave us for crpg. So that the project can keep on going. That's the reason I ended up shilling out for OKAM. I could play the game, but as the epic idea was created and the core idea behind the game changed, I became less and less interested, that said I'd still gladly support the Donkey Crew in hopes that they can make their dreams come true. Not like 20$ is a big difference to me anyway, I was willing to back 100$ on the kickstarter. It's sad the route that OKAM went down, but that is life and I hope the donkey crew are doing alright after all this mess.

C-RPG was a great time in my life, memories I'll never forget and times I can only hope to mimic in the future. Hopefully people relapse into the servers and good times can come again, if not I hope for a crpg 2.0 in bonerlord.

lololol that avatar