Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 113741 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2017, 06:46:28 am »
+4
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2017, 07:32:57 am »
+4
It never felt restricted to me because it was new and its own thing.

I know what you mean, I took the same approach at first. But it's hard not to compare the two games since they're obviously trying to achieve similar things, and I still feel like Warband has more depth, largely because of things like hilt slashing lolfeints.

It's hard to know how Bonerlord will turn out at this stage but I sure hope they don't polish it too much for the sake of realism and instead focus on making a high skill ceiling where people can play for years and still find ways to improve.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2017, 07:37:46 am »
+3
Read the word "clunky" a couple of times and that has always been my biggest issue with OKAM. It looks clunky, it feels clunky and even the controls are not as intuitive as advertised but clunky in certain situations.

All that equals for me into a bad game, a game not installed anymore and a game I'll only ever touch again if they ever happen to include the Epic (which is as unlikely as being hit by lightning imo).
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2017, 09:45:00 am »
+2
Read the word "clunky" a couple of times and that has always been my biggest issue with OKAM. It looks clunky, it feels clunky and even the controls are not as intuitive as advertised but clunky in certain situations.

All that equals for me into a bad game, a game not installed anymore and a game I'll only ever touch again if they ever happen to include the Epic (which is as unlikely as being hit by lightning imo).

There is no control on the main menu

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2017, 09:52:08 am »
+3
High tier Warband combat is all about animation abuse. You might think it's a good thing that you can't roflcopter stab in OKAM "cos realism !", but to me it feels like a restriction. Turn-rate is definitely slower and attack angles can only be adjusted marginally compared to Warband. I spent at least 100 hours on OKAM and did not once feel like the additional attack directions added any complexity to the game, because blocking was so easy anyway. Warband has some pretty bullshit feinting, but it has created a unique PvP experience that can be pretty complex at high levels.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Even cRPG felt restricted, slower and clunky compared to native in terms of feinting and how much you can abuse the animations. And OKAM went even more in that direction. More realistic I guess, more attack directions - nice, but they don't really bring anything of value for me. It was just as easy to block. But the cost of that was your movement and animations feeling stiff and controls being clunky. Almost like playing with input delay. Native combat just feels smoother, crispier and more responsive, more freedom with shaping and turning the animations the way you wanted. I played Jedi Outcast competitively many years ago, and in that game (same for JA) you have even more control over animations than Warband, there's some absolutely crazy shit you can pull off, you could almost completely shape your swings. I saw new combat styles being invented long after release. A lot of high skill competitive games work on that principle, actually - high speed, responsive combat with some form of abusing the mechanics and animations. For example Quake's strafe-jumping was actually a bug at first, but since it was so widely used they decided to keep it in.

That being said, I was ready to look past and play with OKAMs worse combat system for the open world and everything they promised in the trailer. But that's out of the question now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:28:37 am by Vibe »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2017, 10:14:54 am »
+2
[...]
As for the information on both steam and the website, I've been lobbying for months for the devs to change, what have you been doing? Sitting in this forum, circle-jerking eachother on how horrible the game is? Move on or do something about it, I can't stand empty whining.
[...]

I applied little pressure with my little means...
Had a little communication with 'someone' yesterday as well...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

:twisted:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »
+1
Mate how retarded can you be?

This just triggered strategus flashbacks for me

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2017, 02:26:48 pm »
+5
Mate how retarded can you be?

If you're trying to sell something, or want to ever surpass that mighty 20% positive review threshold ever again, then it absolutely matters what the majority think. It's hilarious that it's retards like you that are advising the dev team now "pfff, who cares what the popular opinion is, that's just 'ad populum'".

You can sit alone in your server (at 'medium' server population - because there's 1 whole person) and jerk your dick over the combat in your empty game all you like, and be glad you didnt succumb to the idiotic opinions of all of your consumers.

No, you've been rubbing them on the back going "there there, the mean reviews will stop someday". Y'see when the rest of us see criminal behaviour with regards to the marketing and sale of their game, we get pretty annoyed at the team in general until that behaviour stops. Whereas you softly point out how naughty it is and continue jerking their dicks, cos that'll encourage them to sort their shit out! You're such a hero!

You keep trying to circumvent that part of why people hate your shit game by saying "I also think they should update their content, now let's move on and stop talking about how criminal it is." But people wont stop saying it till the team sorts their shit out, maybe they'd have done it already if you hadnt been jerking their dicks the whole time.

That's more people than have posted on your forum in the last month. You dont have a community you have a mailing list.

Dude, you're being harsh. The new okam devs are working really hard, they just spent a load of time implementing a cool new retirement system.....that nobody wanted or asked for and that adds nothing to the game except allowing the already high level pros to be even stronger against noobs.

Meanwhile all the promised cool stuff that was never delivered still isn't being worked on. Also I heard there is no control on the main menu, just sayin'

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2017, 02:47:52 pm »
+2

focusing on whats going to bring the players back :lol:

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2017, 03:00:51 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

focusing on whats going to bring the players back :lol:
is 'Strategic Map' the Epic in a different format, under a different name, in different shape?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2017, 03:08:02 pm »
+3
That's not real is it? God, that modes and progression section... and quest which will pretty much be "get 10 kills, 5 parries in a row without getting hit" oh boi dailies!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »
+5
It's real, from their Discord. Putting the manpower where it matters.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »
+2
Please tell me you're the one that wrote that review lol. For the longest time it was the only positive one listed under 'recent'.

I wish man, my level of comedy genius just ain't that high sadly.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »
+2
If you just take the discord as a place to meme and shitpost and forget that they actually promised to have a game with multiplayer campaign and sieges/castle building and horses and economy and trading and clans and heraldry its actually pretty good as a chat.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2017, 05:02:27 pm »
+1
And I'd say even such an underwhelming roadmap is probably way too much for this dev team to take, considering their last few patches, where most of the changes under main secton were just surface text, stat and interface changes.