Have a certain amount of NA admins
2 (3.7%)
Do nothing, it's fine the way it is
9 (16.7%)
I am stupid i should kill myself
19 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: January 31, 2017, 02:06:16 am

Author Topic: NA Admins  (Read 4809 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: NA Admins
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 01:01:34 pm »
+1
wtf i'm trying 2 get as many admins as we can they do great work and the server is blessed for their presence

I think you are right Jacaroma they really do add to the experience

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:56 pm »
+3
I love pp in my butthole
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 01:27:17 pm »
+1
Woah I do not remember saying that. Friggin' spooky...

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:31 pm »
+3
Woah I do not remember saying that. Friggin' spooky...

Drunk posting in a nutshell.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 03:08:59 pm »
+3
There are too many vote pls thx

I proposed thinning the herd of admins about a year ago and the other admins shit on me saying it was a dumb idea. So there's that. Basically you and I are idiots for even thinking about eliminating admins. Never propose it again.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
+1
I recall people saying that it wouldn't really make much of a difference removing AFK admins as they were already AFK

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 03:17:13 pm »
+3

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »
+3

I love pb in my chocolate hole

Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »
+3
I proposed thinning the herd of admins about a year ago and the other admins shit on me saying it was a dumb idea. So there's that. Basically you and I are idiots for even thinking about eliminating admins. Never propose it again.

I feel like more admins only cause more problems when it's council decision shit, which you can fix by just leaving that to higher level admins if it's a problem. The problem I have with too many admins really is that most of them don't really do much. They seem to be too lenient and really don't go about adminning unless it's server killer level. Which some people consider fine, but can lead to a more trollish community in general. This is a bonus to some, a bane to others. I just like a community that plays the game and trolls on the side if at all, I have the most fun when everyone is actively trying and there's a challenge. Not when there's an archer and two of my teammates guarding him or when two people are on some random part of the map tking each other or when there are delayers whose sole purpose is just annoying people, shit talking and running away from any conflict. So as long as the admin isn't abusing their powers, what's the point of removing them? There's no particular reason we shouldn't have a higher % admin population other than the group decision shit, but that can be regulated.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 04:49:11 pm »
+2
words

This is it in a nutshell. Everyone approaches what they think is fun ruining differently. Fun might be ruined for one person but not the rest and vice versa. I think Sparvico is doing a fine job administering the rules and Poophammer certainly understands the diversity of our player base. The mod is in good hands, but if there's ever a problem you feel has not been addressed, that's what the admin feedback section is for and also ban threads. Sure they take some time but if you're mad enough to make one, an admin will certainly review it.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 11:44:03 pm »
hey havel of frisia did u buy the new ice expansion

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2017, 01:22:52 am »
yea it was rly cool i had fun with it

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:12 pm »
+2
For my 2 cents...

At this point in the life of cRPG... no one should ever get banned for saying anything in chat.  I mean anything.  Seriously.  Do folks really not understand what cRPG is now?!

It's mind-blowing folks would still give a shit.  Let me list out why...

• No one plays.  At least no one new.
  • One of the great appeals of this community is all the funny crazy shit folks say.  It's hilarious.
  • Now combine #1 & #2, the only folks who still play have been around this game for years.  They know the community.  If they are still the "easily offended" type... too fucking bad at this point.  The greater majority of this community love all the crazy talk and joking1

Now constant team killing or bro-coding is a different thing.  At this point... you're still an idiot if you get offend at a minor case of it... or a one-time occurrence.  If it's happening every round for 3 rounds or more... than ok... folks are probably being dicks and deserve some kind of small ban.

So let me get to my main point!!!

I'd like suggest... from here going forward... that if any admins ban a player for something that said in chat... no matter how crazy... that admin would immediately lose admin rights!

What do you guys think of that???

Players can mute.  So it's not disrupting anyone's fun!  Let us that have a sense of humor laugh!

So with that said... if you agree with me... how do we get this to happen.  Who do we go to as the "head of admins" to see that they enforce this and start kicking admins with they ban over chat related stuff?

Lastly... I had a baby since this game died and came back.  So my life is over... and I'll never get to play another video game again!  So honestly, it doesn't affect me.  But I think the above suggestion is the right thing... the best thing... for this community!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 10:36:11 pm »
I don't agree that anyone should be able to say anything. That being said I also don't think banning for racial slurs or chat abuse should be the first and only option, should start out with a mute and escalate to longer mute and ban after that if the offender keeps pushing.
Edit- on the subject of players can mute other players that would be fine and dandy and all that is needed IF said muted players stayed muted. As it is now Everytime you or the muted player logs off and right back on they are no longer muted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:40:32 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:14 pm »
+1
I don't agree that anyone should be able to say anything. That being said I also don't think banning for racial slurs or chat abuse should be the first and only option, should start out with a mute and escalate to longer mute and ban after that if the offender keeps pushing.
Edit- on the subject of players can mute other players that would be fine and dandy and all that is needed IF said muted players stayed muted. As it is now Everytime you or the muted player logs off and right back on they are no longer muted.

First off... at this point... racial slurs and all that crazy, terrible, hilarious stuff should be just part of the community.  People in this community say demented stuff.  It's what makes us... us!

Second... what you are suggesting Asheram is actually correct.  It's an admin using good judgement and doing their job properly.  But that doesn't happen.  And no one is policing when that happens.

So my solution to that is... strip any Admin of rights if they ban for chat.  That way there's no judgement call to be made.

Folks getting banned for saying someone is ugly... Jeezzz!!!  I've asked whether you'd rather have sex with Jessica Simpson or 12 year old Asian boy.  To which everyone replied "definitely Asian boy".  Some said "make it 2 Asian boys" and I'm in.  Others talked about how Jessica Simpson is now fat while 12 year old Asians are lean and strong (but not too strong).

You get my drift.  Terrible!  But the ridiculousness of it all... the pure retard of it all... it's what makes the community wonderful.

For the record... I'd want neither... I'd chose to just watch 12 year old Asian boy & Jessica Simpson be together.

See what I mean!  THIS IS CRPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!