Author Topic: Admin aboose  (Read 10624 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Admin aboose
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »
Instead you became someone who cries about a player getting banned for modifying their gamefiles in such a way that breaks the spirit and now letter of the rules you are supposed to be enforcing as an admin.

Have you ever modified your game textures to give yourself 'the edge' in this competitive game?
Are your textures currently modified because you're a serious player unlike the rest of us trolls who adhere to a level playing field?

Indeed i did. He got banned for something that has been overlooked and not cared about for the entire duration of the mod, but at the dying times of it suddenly its huuge, how could this happen?! With no real rule except a very loose common sense backing up the ban. Louder hooves as mentioned, was one i completely forgot about, that was also fully advertised on the forums and no one at the time cared at all. Maybe because it helps against a disliked class, rather than helping said class. Since archers are so hated, im not suprised green arrows catch more flak compared to louder hooves, neon weapons and no night time, who generally help against hated classes.
I guess im speaking for a more fair system, no one got banned for anything similar previously when displayed, why did he get banned for it now?

I did modify my night time back in 2013 i believe, i found it to be one of the bigger rage inducing factors of the game. I havent used it since a long time now though, i dont even play much of the game now either so.
I do not use modified textures now, a rule has been set on whats allowed and not (something that didnt exist until recently, because like mentioned, no one gave a fuck previously). Besides, playing seriously now is not really possible because team balance has been broken worse than ever before.

Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2016, 05:39:21 pm »
+9
I dunno how anyone could possibly play a ridiculously heavily forested map with night turned off, knowing perfectly well the vast majority of the other people on the server did not have it turned off, and not immediately feel like a smug cheating piece of shit. It's mindblowing to me. Every blow landed would be tainted with SHAME (ring bell).

The same excuse could be used for any cheat, including autoblock, and often was. That it is merely for comfort and not much of an advantage. It doesn't matter how much of an advantage it is, how subjectively you think it affects other's gameplay, the point is that it is an advantage at all. The reason people are raging about it is only because Pandor is autistic enough that he see's nothing wrong and is proudly defending it. The other cheaters who used it at least seem self-aware enough to realize what they were doing (with the apparent exception of you). 

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »
Have a look through the mod thread, Heavy hooves seems to be a popular choice of many people. But none complaining about it being a cheat. And also someone asking if theres anything to tone down the night, and asking for display changes etc to make it better. No complaints about him asking for cheats.

Heavy hooves is even advertised for archers to have an easier time not getting flanked by cav.

And then of course the revert to old bolt/arrow models for what, more visibility while shooting? But i guess that one was supposedly whitelisted with the new rule so whatever.

New crosshairs could be seen as an advantage, theres obviously some reason people are getting them, they are better in their opinion. An advantage that doesnt come naturally with the game.

But i guess since theyre in a sticky thread, they are obvious whitelists who cant at all be compared to other mods helping visibility.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2016, 08:51:28 pm »
+1
At least no one is wallhacking
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »
At least no one is wallhacking

I am.

Still shit :(

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2016, 01:00:18 pm »
+1
Have a look through the mod thread, Heavy hooves seems to be a popular choice of many people. But none complaining about it being a cheat. And also someone asking if theres anything to tone down the night, and asking for display changes etc to make it better. No complaints about him asking for cheats.

Heavy hooves is even advertised for archers to have an easier time not getting flanked by cav.

And then of course the revert to old bolt/arrow models for what, more visibility while shooting? But i guess that one was supposedly whitelisted with the new rule so whatever.

New crosshairs could be seen as an advantage, theres obviously some reason people are getting them, they are better in their opinion. An advantage that doesnt come naturally with the game.

But i guess since theyre in a sticky thread, they are obvious whitelists who cant at all be compared to other mods helping visibility.

You're really arguing with the wrong person about these obvious cheats. If it was up to me even shadows wouldn't be able to be turned of. Even so small a factor can affect performance greatly. Ranged hidden in shady corners much harder to spot and stay aware of, swings and weapons in general are harder to see in shade, patterns of light and shadow creates more visual clutter to sort through, etc. Maybe you think it's perfectly fine to turn the game into some flat, neon coloured, quasi-impressionistic sci fi bullshit out of "convenience", but there's also huge competitive advantages to even "minor" changes. You can say there isn't since they should be available to anyone, but that's not the game I'm interested in playing. If you need blatant handicaps to be competitive, don't pretend everyone else should sink to your level to keep the playing field even.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2016, 01:53:36 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Sure, im also for everything being banned completely if it would be possible to enforce such a thing. It probably is, but it would take some coding and fixing to get something going similar to the autoblocking detector, but at this point no one cares enough to do it. Im not pretending anything, lots of people like to use these conveniences, as i proved. Lots of people still do because nothing has really changed, but i guess people are satisfied with only pandor being banned.
Sink to my level, well, lots of people didnt and had a great time anyways. So obviously everyone didnt have to, no one even noticed it.

Well that statement's the biggest give-away.

Do you know what this thread is about?

Well i think i pulled the discussion in a couple of directions.. anyways.
I thought the native projectiles were whitelisted, along with the graphic enhancers etc. But then of course there wasnt really anything thoroughly done after the rule was set, so its hard to be sure of anything. Maybe there were only discussions on it. *looks it up* Oh yeah, i think it was discussed between us admins, and Dupre was suppose to create the whitelist, with someone asking particularly about the native projectiles. But then nothing happened afaik.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »
+1
I dunno how anyone could possibly play a ridiculously heavily forested map with night turned off, knowing perfectly well the vast majority of the other people on the server did not have it turned off, and not immediately feel like a smug cheating piece of shit. It's mindblowing to me. Every blow landed would be tainted with SHAME (ring bell).

I had night turned off most quite a bit of my crpg time, and I have no regrets about it. It strained your eyes and had a lot of people quitting when it appeared, harming the server population. My lobbying for its removal, as it only deteriorated the gameplay, was unfortunately unsuccessful.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:17:19 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2016, 04:44:26 pm »
I vowed to never again play a game developed by cmp because of him insisting on different weather conditions.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »
+5
I had night turned off most quite a bit of my crpg time, and I have no regrets about it. It strained your eyes and had a lot of people quitting when it appeared, harming the server population. My lobbying for its removal, as it only deteriorated the gameplay, was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Still this should not be a case where you and some other people decide that YOU are allowed to cheat. I'm all for removing night time as it brings nothing to the game, but as long as it's a thing it should be there for everyone. Disabling shadows shouldn't be allowed either and I really hope they force this stuff on in OKAM or any other future game of this sort..

I even feel a bit ashamed for not having grass on, but it looks like shit in crpg so I have it disabled... Realistic textures pack + night + rain + shadows = pretty much invisible dark weapons. Thank god there's always spam to help me out so I don't have to start cheating....

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
Still this should not be a case where you and some other people decide that YOU are allowed to cheat. I'm all for removing night time as it brings nothing to the game, but as long as it's a thing it should be there for everyone. Disabling shadows shouldn't be allowed either and I really hope they force this stuff on in OKAM or any other future game of this sort..

I even feel a bit ashamed for not having grass on, but it looks like shit in crpg so I have it disabled... Realistic textures pack + night + rain + shadows = pretty much invisible dark weapons. Thank god there's always spam to help me out so I don't have to start cheating....

Night looks shit in-game too, if that's a more proper reason than it straining your eyes.

I hope that night, if they add dynamic weather in OKaM, will be improved compared to crpg.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2016, 01:39:29 am »
Realistic textures pack

That's cheating too :wink:

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2016, 11:19:13 am »
I had night turned off most quite a bit of my crpg time, and I have no regrets about it.