Author Topic: Glaive and Long halfted blade are OP  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Glaive and Long halfted blade are OP
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:38 am »
alright so heres my 2 cents after trolling a bit:

The LHB and Glaive in my experience are jack of all trade weapons. They can duel, work in a group, keep people at a distance, etc but they can't do any of these very well. If you want to duel, pick up a warspear, working as a group tends to be pike/high damage polearms, and there are longer weapons that can keep people at a distance.

They can't deal with shielders, they can't dehorse as well as other polearms, and they're cut damage so it'll take 4 hits or so to take out an armored tin can.

Length and speedwise, they are balanced based on their damage, which is cut and average.

LHB and Glaive ought to be secondary weapons for cav or range or a primary for an agile char. No one would pick the LHB and Glaive as their primary unless they like it specifically since there are plenty of other better polearms to use (pikes english bill, awlpike, GLA, GLB, German poleaxe, bec, etc etc).

In terms of spam, i've NEVER been spammed by a LHB/Glaive user unless they are an agil backpeddler. In that case i just say fuck it and pick on someone who wants to fight.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:39 am »
The best cutting weapons maybe, but defiantly not the best anti shield weapons / anti Armour weapons by a long shot.

They aren't OP just good at what they do.

They can be eaten and regularly are, just requires a bit of thought.
Turtles

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »
Not op ? lol just lol, swords were also just good at stabbing before, but they could get beat. But it got nerfed big time. Now 2h stab is shit.
And the polearms is untouched, their stun is op. And a few other things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 11:06:56 pm »
alright so heres my 2 cents after trolling a bit:

The LHB and Glaive in my experience are jack of all trade weapons. They can duel, work in a group, keep people at a distance, etc but they can't do any of these very well. If you want to duel, pick up a warspear, working as a group tends to be pike/high damage polearms, and there are longer weapons that can keep people at a distance.

They can't deal with shielders, they can't dehorse as well as other polearms, and they're cut damage so it'll take 4 hits or so to take out an armored tin can.

Length and speedwise, they are balanced based on their damage, which is cut and average.

LHB and Glaive ought to be secondary weapons for cav or range or a primary for an agile char. No one would pick the LHB and Glaive as their primary unless they like it specifically since there are plenty of other better polearms to use (pikes english bill, awlpike, GLA, GLB, German poleaxe, bec, etc etc).

In terms of spam, i've NEVER been spammed by a LHB/Glaive user unless they are an agil backpeddler. In that case i just say fuck it and pick on someone who wants to fight.

Agility polearm users are the new FOTM class because of the reasons you listed.

Short spear is the best melee weapon in the game because of what you just said.

Glaive and LHB are similar style weapons with speed, length, damage, and stun.

No other weapon really compares since the only other one was the Bec, which got changed (wouldn't really call it a nerf) and for these reasons you listed here is why polearms needs to be looked at now by the devs.

IMHO polearm stun is meant to be a chance for a team mate to get a hit in, not for the polearm user to get a free hit in, that's what knockdown weapons are for.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 01:30:31 am »
Agility polearm users are the new FOTM class because of the reasons you listed.

Short spear is the best melee weapon in the game because of what you just said.

Glaive and LHB are similar style weapons with speed, length, damage, and stun.

No other weapon really compares since the only other one was the Bec, which got changed (wouldn't really call it a nerf) and for these reasons you listed here is why polearms needs to be looked at now by the devs.

IMHO polearm stun is meant to be a chance for a team mate to get a hit in, not for the polearm user to get a free hit in, that's what knockdown weapons are for.

yeah i hate Agil backpeddlers, but they're pretty garbage in a group because they're so squishy. I just learn to avoid them in battle or just stand my ground in a duel.

if people feel like nerfing the LHB and Glaive, thats fine, i'm not affected. But i'm saying that its not needed, since theres nothing "OP" about them.

Bec on the other hand needs a serious speed nerf.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:32:25 am by Thucydides »

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:21:32 am »
yeah i hate Agil backpeddlers, but they're pretty garbage in a group because they're so squishy. I just learn to avoid them in battle or just stand my ground in a duel.

if people feel like nerfing the LHB and Glaive, thats fine, i'm not affected. But i'm saying that its not needed, since theres nothing "OP" about them.

Bec on the other hand needs a serious speed nerf.

There is alot op about them

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 03:32:28 pm »
There is alot op about them

as far as i know, this feeling is isolated in EU. In NA i rarely see LHB/Glaive spammers and all the Agi backpeddlers use the high end polearms like the poleaxes or GLB/GLA, i use a GLA with a 27/12 build and theres nothing OP about polearms.

I'd imagine that strength builds don't exist in EU?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 03:46:45 pm »
as far as i know, this feeling is isolated in EU. In NA i rarely see LHB/Glaive spammers and all the Agi backpeddlers use the high end polearms like the poleaxes or GLB/GLA, i use a GLA with a 27/12 build and theres nothing OP about polearms.

I'd imagine that strength builds don't exist in EU?

there are basically no lhb 'spammers' in EU, but we ahve lots of glaive 'spammers', most of them from Risen.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »
there are basically no lhb 'spammers' in EU, but we ahve lots of glaive 'spammers', most of them from Risen.

It is op as hell, look at the stats, look at the stun, look at the possibility of getting a support weapon: Pike, chooise to go cav and still have a sweet polearm.

2h got a laggy stab, because of the slow speed, and the dmg is horrible too. And when your stab gets blocked, you get stunned as 2h.

And some also say that the polearm animations hit before the 2h does. Which can be true, because i can NEVER do spam attacks against high end polearms. But i do it all the time against 2h.

And could i get more proff, that this is not just random whine, i played this for long. And most of the polearms is from my own clan ?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 05:52:41 pm »
And could i get more proff, that this is not just random whine, i played this for long. And most of the polearms is from my own clan ?

yes, the majority of EU glaive players are from risen. Atleast many are, and a much bigger percentage of the risen than the general EU community uses glaive

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 06:28:55 pm »
yes, the majority of EU glaive players are from risen. Atleast many are, and a much bigger percentage of the risen than the general EU community uses glaive

Might be, might not be.

Funny thing, I dont understand why GTX is so whiny about 2H swords.

Dude, judging your abilities, you could easily be as good as you have been before (with 2h).

I just dont get it :-) (even more bcoz ur game never was based on spastic lolstab action only)

2h still pwn hard and they will always be the weapon of a knight while many (not all) polearms look like commoners 0815 gear.

And about the warspear arguement:
1 of 4 directions deals damage, the rest is a joke.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »

All the swings stun for long enough to land a second attack.

If you happen to do the one that does damage in there it works quite well.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 08:02:25 pm »
Might be, might not be.

Funny thing, I dont understand why GTX is so whiny about 2H swords.

Dude, judging your abilities, you could easily be as good as you have been before (with 2h).

I just dont get it :-) (even more bcoz ur game never was based on spastic lolstab action only)

2h still pwn hard and they will always be the weapon of a knight while many (not all) polearms look like commoners 0815 gear.

First of all, why i am so ''whiny'' is because i want the game to be fair.
And how many guys whined before, because sword had 1 thing which were op? ALOT

And yeah stab has never been an important direction of attacking for me. You are correct about that, which proves my point even more. That this is not just random whine. I hate when people have an big advantage over someone else in a game. Thats just how i am.

The polearm stun is ridicolous. And when i fight 2h's I can always do my left-right attack. But when i fight polearms, its close to impossible.

And i did see that there were a guy talking about polearm animations hitting before the 2h animations, and that could be the reason to this.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »
Pole arm animations do not hit faster than 2h. Pole arm animations take a longer time to come out of their chamber animation, but the swing itself takes less time and is less fluid. But the pole arm hits at the same time as 2h at middle~end of animation. 2h hits faster at the beginning of the animation since the swing part of the animation begins earlier.

Pole stun is stupid, but it was ONLY intended for spears and not large axes/glaive and etc. Can't be changed until WSE implementation. However, it is balanced right now with poles being slower and take a bit longer to recover when they block.

All stabs are stunned for way too long. 2h is not stunned as long as polearms, also the weapon speeds are typically faster.
Swings are not stunned as long as thrusts for all weapons, which doesn't make any sense since thrusts are underpowered compared to swings.

imo they are balanced right now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:32:56 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:18 pm »
Pole arm animations do not hit faster than 2h. Pole arm animations take a longer time to come out of their chamber animation, but the swing itself takes less time and is less fluid. But the pole arm hits at the same time as 2h at middle~end of animation. 2h hits faster at the beginning of the animation since the swing part of the animation begins earlier.

Pole stun is stupid, but it was ONLY intended for spears and not large axes/glaive and etc. Can't be changed until WSE implementation. However, it is balanced right now with poles being slower and take a bit longer to recover when they block.

All stabs are stunned for way too long. 2h is not stunned as long as polearms, also the weapon speeds are typically faster.
Swings are not stunned as long as thrusts for all weapons, which doesn't make any sense since thrusts are underpowered compared to swings.

i basically just like cRPG balance right now
imo they are balanced right now.

good post m8, +1

i agree that they are pretty much balanced right now, but that the stun after having a thrust blocked is ridicolous.
I also agree that the polearm stun should be removed, but that should of course be combined with a wide buff of polearms to keep things balanced.