Author Topic: Meanwhile in Turkey  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Meanwhile in Turkey
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 02:17:32 pm »
that's said, i've used ataturk for quite a few times. i think its time for turks to decide where they really want to stand and if they want to fight the long hidden daemons or go back to medieval times.

I think the way Erdogan's blatant islamist policies have the support of the majority of turks is an answer, one that has been given a while ago. Westerners have their heads up their own asses gazing at their idealized future, so they don't want to see it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »
Must be hard on yourself to hate your country so much  :rolleyes:

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »
+2
The country itself is as beautiful as it gets. It is the people I hate. Imagine not being able to get bewildered about anything anymore. These retards get you to that point. Some shit happens. Before you get enough time to get it out of your head, something a lot worse happens.

Think about it. People like me feel like we are drowning day after day. And these fucking retards are so happy in their homes right now. The one and only thing they manage to question about this whole incident is "How on earth was this guy able to avoid an airport's security?". Nothing more. This is their entire discussion topic. It is impossible for them to build the basic connection between their holy shepherd and the jihadist goatfuckers he has been feeding. It drives you insane.

By the way, they are already over it. Right now they are busy about their fasting, football matches and the trademark moronic religious banters on tv. Because you know, Ramadan and stuff...

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 09:36:36 am »
Whats the new name of the Kemal Ataturk airport?

(click to show/hide)

Oh Panos... you are a wrongun.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 10:11:52 am »
can you recommend any literature about social state of turkey?  Id like to learn more about the things going on in your country.

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
+1
can you recommend any literature about social state of turkey?  Id like to learn more about the things going on in your country.

There are a number of good resources, yet I doubt you would find any translated versions. Some works were authored by western researchers. However, they are mainly "orientalist" works and wouldn't cast much of an objective light on the society. I will look into it though. With some luck, I might be able to dig something up.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 01:35:43 pm »
There are a number of good resources, yet I doubt you would find any translated versions. Some works were authored by western researchers. However, they are mainly "orientalist" works and wouldn't cast much of an objective light on the society. I will look into it though. With some luck, I might be able to dig something up.

yo ive been reading some stuff from orientalists, but there is more about the arabic world then turkey actually
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 1395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »
Turkey was Ottoman Empire aka monarchy (sultanate), everybody was happy while they were winning wars. Not just Turks but Serbs, Albanians, Bosniaks, Greeks, Bulgarians, Indians, Egyptians and rest of the people who were under Ottoman rule for centuries. They didn't mind while Ottoman were strong. They paid some taxes and their able children were taken overboard to become best students, scholars and soldiers of the empire. But life wasn't that bad and as history will show, it was better than what is about to come for those colonies in the future.

Then Ottoman became weak, started losing wars, colonies started uprisings. Everything went to shit. Lost WWI. Kemal the fucker came onto stage, said yo sultan dick suckers fuck you and your religion, your multinational state and everything you stand for. He changed Ottomans into Turks, gave them pride back. Made them great again. They became friends with Murica when it was time to choose between capitalist swine or communist idealism. Communist failed because they were never friends with Russian Empire so they didn't want to fall under their influence and also because communism is kinda like their sultanate, it tends to suppress national feelings that were already deeply rooted in hearts and minds of Turkish youth.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 08:40:09 pm »
What if you got into politics and ruled the people like an angry God?

Turkish people are currently ruled by an angry nutjob who considers himself to be a god or something. Where is the novelty in that?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 02:32:42 am »
+3
Turkey was Ottoman Empire aka monarchy (sultanate), everybody was happy while they were winning wars. Not just Turks but Serbs, Albanians, Bosniaks, Greeks, Bulgarians, Indians, Egyptians and rest of the people who were under Ottoman rule for centuries. They didn't mind while Ottoman were strong. They paid some taxes and their able children were taken overboard to become best students, scholars and soldiers of the empire. But life wasn't that bad and as history will show, it was better than what is about to come for those colonies in the future.

Then Ottoman became weak, started losing wars, colonies started uprisings. Everything went to shit. Lost WWI. Kemal the fucker came onto stage, said yo sultan dick suckers fuck you and your religion, your multinational state and everything you stand for. He changed Ottomans into Turks, gave them pride back. Made them great again. They became friends with Murica when it was time to choose between capitalist swine or communist idealism. Communist failed because they were never friends with Russian Empire so they didn't want to fall under their influence and also because communism is kinda like their sultanate, it tends to suppress national feelings that were already deeply rooted in hearts and minds of Turkish youth.

Turkey wasn't Ottoman Empire. It was a part of it and Turks were merely just another nation in the Empire. The rulers or the statesmen called themselves Ottomans not Turks, the language they spoke was something in between Persian,Arabic and Turkish.
In Ottoman Empire military service wasn't mandatory for non-Turks, as Turks were mostly busy with farming and co while Jews, Greeks etc are traders, engineers, architects etc.

That's how Mustafa Kemal united the naive common folk in Anatolia. If they had some sort of prosperity, knowledge or anything, the revolution wouldn't succeed as it did. Besides, nobody even Kemal's closest companions knew that he meant to establish something like a Republic, nobody agreed with him either, but he still did it, changed the culture of a nation completely, thus saving us from being another colony of the great powers.

He did everything forcefully though. Most of the folk didn't agree with him in his time too, they wanted the Sheria, the Monarchs back. They weren't too loud back then, as most of the people actually have seen the salvation in modernization.But throughout the century, that faded away. It's like a counter-revolution you know, Turkey was in a revolutionary state for a hundred years almost and now it is going back to its original state; a bunch of farmer people who loves and worships a Padishah.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2285
  • Infamy: 2109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 02:44:40 am »
I wasn't serious, obviously...

But since you are, please tell me, which nation occupies Anatolia today: Turks (Turkic or whatever they are called, who are basically nomads came from regions of today Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan) or Seljuks? I'm talking about ancestors of common people who live in those towns, villages and cities?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 11:31:04 am »
I wasn't serious, obviously...

But since you are, please tell me, which nation occupies Anatolia today: Turks (Turkic or whatever they are called, who are basically nomads came from regions of today Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan) or Seljuks? I'm talking about ancestors of common people who live in those towns, villages and cities?

I knew you weren't serious, I wasn't offended or anything, just wanted to share.

Plz nobody is sure of their heritage anymore, especially in a country like Turkey, you can be a blonde Turk or a sandnig Turk, our gene pool is weird.
But I see your point with that question, but still, common people in Anatolia were Turks, what you point out has a lot to do with migrations, population exchanges and colonization. 

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2016, 09:27:39 pm »
+1
Just a little update, which is essential for you guys to further understand what kind of shit we have to live with.

So what do you do when such a lethal attack happens in your country? You mourn, right? You don't go ahead and do fancy stuff. Especially if you are a government official, you just can't fuck around. I mean you aren't expected to stop whatever shit you are doing, yet you mourn.

Here is how we roll in Turkey: We conduct a banterous and cheerful opening ceremony for a bridge just the next morning after the attack. Can't let tens of dead bodies spoil our fun, can we? Selfies aren't skipped.

The two pumpkin heads on the left are ministers. The one on the right is the mayor of İstanbul. See how many fucks they give?

The story goes on. There is this internationally-acclaimed Turkish motorcyclist. Not giving a name, as I don't like the guy one bit and it matters little. They invite him to hit 400 kmh speed on motorbike on this new bridge as a sideshow. He accepts. He gives zero fucks too. He does his thing, after which the great Tard meets him. Before that, there is something you should know about the motorbike guy. He lost his parents at a young age. He lost both of his brothers. He lost his first-born son. And he also recently lost his grandfather, who raised him. A macabre life right there. So as soon as the Tard shakes his hand, he delivers the opening sentence "Have you even got anyone else left in your family". As crazy as this sounds, it happened exactly like that.

And what do you expect in this case? People would hate it, right? What kind of creature says that? Well, his sheep didn't mind it at all. As far as they are concerned, it didn't even happen. Hell, the bombing didn't even happen. Forget it all. The motorbike guy himself? Yeah, he doesn't mind either. He is totally fine with it. On his official social media pages, he shared photos of him with the Tard, describing how honored he was to have been next to him.

Seriously guys, I hope you never ever have to live with millions of braindead sheep. It is just unbearable.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:07:25 am by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 10:42:58 pm »
They do look like they are having a ton of fun!...?
You prefer to see all your beloved politicians shed crocodile tears for a full moon and stop living? Come on, you can find better arguments than analyzing selfies and taking words out of context.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:53 pm »
+1
They do look like they are having a ton of fun!...?
You prefer to see all your beloved politicians shed crocodile tears for a full moon and stop living? Come on, you can find better arguments than analyzing selfies and taking words out of context.

If only I had the magical power to make you have to live in this hellhole like a regular citizen. You just don't seem to get it.