• Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Popovina
so sad
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:30:20 pm »
+1
80 people on mercenaries mod both eu1 and eu2, and 10 people on eu1 for cprg, so sad
downloading the mod to watch this shit
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:30:27 pm by Atryw »

Offline Atryw

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: so sad
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:32 pm »
+7
that suck, crpg best mod

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:48:53 pm »
+3
I unistalled that shit the moment I got stunned by a crossbow for 10 seconds  :mrgreen:

Try Napoleonic, it's no so bad.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:21:36 pm »
+2
That implies you're not taking the chinese people into account of cRPG's population.
Fucking ban.

Mercs-mod is "okay" to play during their Happy Hour, else fucking suckZ due to native mechanics and even worse servers.
Add.H.H.to.cRPG.as.well.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Atryw

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:31:17 pm »
sorry for chinese pop :)
modified

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:27 am »
+3
One of the pluses of Merc mod is that they don't tolerate the sorts of trolls that have become routine in cRPG. So basically a barebones version of cRPG with less features, less customization, less equip, less interesting mechanics, less of everything really, that used to trail far behind in population, is now routinely populated by a factor of x4 over cRPG. I'm sure it's a coincidence.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 12:03:34 pm »
+2
One of the pluses of Merc mod is that they don't tolerate the sorts of trolls that have become routine in cRPG. So basically a barebones version of cRPG with less features, less customization, less equip, less interesting mechanics, less of everything really, that used to trail far behind in population, is now routinely populated by a factor of x4 over cRPG. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Have no idea about Merc mod, yet I agree about the trolling. Some of the unpunished (sometimes even encouraged) trolling examples in crpg can't be observed even in unsupervised native servers.
We all know that some people are getting way too much leeway and are allowed ruin everybody else's fun.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 02:16:08 pm »
+10

Trolls in Merc are organized in clans as well, such as Skod which is like a smurf version of Krems, of course rules are more strict since admins are responsible for hundreds of people there but they're still cancerous.Apart from that the people in Merc community is far less developed than the ones in cRPG, this forum and game has always been a source of quality debates and arguments, where you can learn new stuff, meanwhile Merc forum is a bunch of troll kids boosting their e-peens and trying to roast each other in a 9gagish way.

The reason cRPG is dead is not the trolls, it is the lack of attention from developers and co, the mod stood broken for so long, the damage on siege wasn't fixed for a long while, the arrows, horses, polearms etc. was broken for months. Nobody including me had the patience to keep on playing in order to keep the mod alive, I mean, if the devs didn't care, why would players care? This is where Mercs take the upper hand, despite the developer of that mod has been the architect of some bullshit in this forum, he actually improved his skills. In Mercs mod nothing that isn't completely finished being added to the mod, therefore nothing breaks the mod. So people can enjoy their routine gameplay without some troll abusing the newly patched mechanics.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:43:00 pm »
Maybe a good poll (multiple choice) would be appropriate for this thread. I have no idea how many participants there would be though.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 02:49:33 pm »
+2
Maybe a good poll (multiple choice) would be appropriate for this thread. I have no idea how many participants there would be though.

What?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 03:00:05 pm »
this forum and game has always been a source of quality debates and arguments, where you can learn new stuff

Hahaha yeah a most learned and erudite bunch, the cRPG community. Gentlemen and scholars all. On the forums there might be some stuff, but ingame? How is it any different? Did you ever actually look at the chat?

The reason cRPG is dead is not the trolls, it is the lack of attention from developers and co, the mod stood broken for so long, the damage on siege wasn't fixed for a long while, the arrows, horses, polearms etc. was broken for months. Nobody including me had the patience to keep on playing in order to keep the mod alive, I mean, if the devs didn't care, why would players care? This is where Mercs take the upper hand, despite the developer of that mod has been the architect of some bullshit in this forum, he actually improved his skills. In Mercs mod nothing that isn't completely finished being added to the mod, therefore nothing breaks the mod. So people can enjoy their routine gameplay without some troll abusing the newly patched mechanics.

Dunno about the broken equip, seemingly happened once I had already stopped playing, so can't gauge how it might have affected playerbase. By the time I quit the server already routinely was 1/4 complete troll bundle of stickss. I don't think the population has changed much since actually, hovering at around 20 on battle at peak hours. The exodus happened long before patches supposedly breaking shit, as if that sort of stuff hadn't happened every single time a new patch was released. There is practically nothing different mechanics or balance wise from cRPG today than there was for years, except for minor changes. Mod managed to stay healthy after devs moved on to an actual project and stopped developping for it, with item balancers and others working on it still. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 05:35:10 pm »
+1
Have no idea about Merc mod, yet I agree about the trolling. Some of the unpunished (sometimes even encouraged) trolling examples in crpg can't be observed even in unsupervised native servers.
We all know that some people are getting way too much leeway and are allowed ruin everybody else's fun.
I've been playing native alot more now and I think I would rather chase some rock throwers around or wait them out on flags than get trampled by a HERD of cav all while being shot by archers across the map. Was in a 40 man battle a few nights ago and trust me getting run over by 10 cav riding in a herd isn't fun. It was worse than team death match at that point lol
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 06:37:51 pm »
+1
I've been playing native alot more now and I think I would rather chase some rock throwers around or wait them out on flags than get trampled by a HERD of cav all while being shot by archers across the map. Was in a 40 man battle a few nights ago and trust me getting run over by 10 cav riding in a herd isn't fun. It was worse than team death match at that point lol

Native just cant be fun, everyone is ranged and cav
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 06:45:21 pm »
+2

The fact is that it's just more convenient, because it doesn't use WSE and a separate launcher. Most Merc players are dumb colorblind idiots.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »
+5

It was meant as an exaggeration anyway. What drove me away more than a year ago was the death of siege. But I still remember being extremely annoyed by the nonchalant trolling disease around the same time I quit. I think most siege enthusiasts of yore would agree.