Author Topic: Goodbye my friends  (Read 20784 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Goodbye my friends
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »
Isn't SkoD the biggest clan in Mercenaries? :s

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »
+2
@Hesky
But maybe Krems are one of the reasons why servers are smaller? Too much brocoding and messing around.

holy shit I love Oberyn's rage, its a real pleasure to read every single word of his hate speeches, its so full of anger and deathwishes, great stuff

One of my favourite posters on these forums, no matter what he says, the manner in which he says makes his posts almost always worth reading.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:11 pm »
Wasnt this thread on page 4 not a long time ago? Strange...

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2016, 02:32:44 pm »
+1
Most of the balance issues were present during the heyday of cRPG, when the servers were the fullest they've ever been, in much worse manner even. Balance issues are endemic to multiplayer games. DTV server being fuller than any other is something that was still happening after the supposed killingblow changes. Strategus is a side-show and completely irrelevant to cRPG playerbase. The players who played purely for Strategus were seldom on servers.

Siege was always way smaller than battle, and it started depopulating just as battle also experienced a downturn. It was mod-wide, and while 5-10 people can still play battle, the minimum for an enjoyable match on a siege map was usually much higher (depending on map). That's what made siege server more vulnerable imo. The map rotation was always complained about, constantly, in every single iteration of cRPG, same as balance changes.

A lot of these may have been factors in falling population, but none of them killed it. Playerbase could've bounced back as it had many times before, and as other mods can clearly manage. Once it was weakened enough is when the rott set in and the trolls were proportionally great enough that they had an increasing effect, that I agree with. Find it pretty funny how on one hand you try to minimize the role of krems and their sort in killing the mod while simultaneously accepting that their shit-tier trolling was much more effective once the playerbase was smaller, so much so that they even constituted the "majority" in your eyes. And the population has just kept falling ever since. Krems are a symptom of terminal cancer, tumours that show up and grow unchecked once vitality has left, and instead of getting chemo the devs/admins basically started chain-smoking unfiltereds and x-raying themselves for fun. There had always been a healthy playerbase despite a few trolls here and there, so nothing to worry about.

ps: chadz would be the worst fucking admin ever.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »
+6
Eh that's fine, I never had a problem with slaughtering krems, just being forced to be in the same team as them. Also they'll have to be smart about it, so clearly out of the reach of the average krems.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:29 pm »
+1
Eh that's fine, I never had a problem with slaughtering krems, just being forced to be in the same team as them. Also they'll have to be smart about it, so clearly out of the reach of the average krems.

LOL fucking rekt

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2016, 04:47:46 pm »
+2
well i never saw Merc stack killing fully new and shiny tryharding Amox stack(in past) but couple of times i saw Kremlits fuck them pretty bad :wink:

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2016, 04:48:45 pm »
Whenever he was in the server those fucking viruses were dealt with, in my experience, so yes, clearly a man of his word. Sadly a single admin can only do so much, especially when so many others are either completely apathetic or virus trolls themselves. Strange how incensed you are about Blackbow's admin boasting. Could it possibly be because you, again, endlessly supported the other sort of half-assed "admins" purely because they tolerated the "playstyle" of the abjectly retarded trolls? No, of course not, you are just so concerned with cRPG's health that it is unbearable for you to have a subpar admin on the team (lol).
And how exactly would you know? You don't play C-RPG anymore, so stop talking out of your ass lmfao.

I do agree that Blackbow when he started out was doing well, but I have to say he's actually gotten worse now that he's gotten a bit more experience, he's a lot more enforcing and is a bit too heavy handed in his actions now. I'd advise you to actually come back and watch Krems now, we're actually a lot more involved in fighting than just sitting at the back of the map and making the base. Don't get me wrong, we're still the happy group of retards who chat spam and voice command spam all day, but we are actually playing the game, albeit some with weird builds, others with normal "META" builds.

We choose to play stupid builds because we're not playing the game seriously, when we do it becomes a whole different story lol, when Krems are together and playing seriously we've often taken the top of the scoreboards and destroyed enemy teams, we play seriously when we want to, not when some butthurt player tells us to.

Either way, C-RPG isn't dead, no matter how much you want it to be.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:07:40 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2016, 05:13:18 pm »
+6
I'm arguing against this daft causality; 'servers are smaller cos Krems are annoying'. Surely Krems are annoying because the servers are smaller, you have fewer people to actually fight and having 2-5 players on your team not assisting is a death sentence.

I did stop playing for the most part because of Krems.
Maybe I am not alone with this, and I guess quite a few Krems see that as a success on their part, but they managed to take the fun away from cRPG for me.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 930
  • Infamy: 2221
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2016, 05:42:24 pm »
+2
Let me tell you a secret Oberyn, Krems will maintain its life in okam starting from day 1.

And probably play that game in completely different manner. cRPG is one dimensional game where people came with various ways to broaden their options, fooling around is just another such "strategy". But when it comes to a proper game, which offers multiple possibilities even most hardcore trolls won't find it amusing to just fool around because it is already incorporated as part of original game design. It isn't lucrative anymore because it stops being trolling and becomes just another of multiple ways of playing the game.

You can pretend, but we all know huge portion of your "enjoyment" comes from schadenfreude. When people become immersed in OKAM they'll barely acknowledge presence of trolls because they'll be busy playing. There will be much less to spoil because game won't be one dimensional battle simulator.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »
+3
even most hardcore trolls won't find it amusing to just fool around
you underestimate my powers

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2016, 06:12:10 pm »
I did stop playing for the most part because of Krems.
Maybe I am not alone with this, and I guess quite a few Krems see that as a success on their part, but they managed to take the fun away from cRPG for me.

Like I said in my previous post, we're a lot more involved in actually fighting now, not just building bases at the back of the map and doing nothing, we've not done that in ages, if that was the reason you quit, then come back and try the game again lol, if it was because of the voice spam.. Well... Nothing has changed there. We're always going to be loud

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2431
  • Infamy: 565
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »
My issue with voice chat spam was how it flooded general chat. Loudness wasn't an issue, always playing with lowest volume or completely off.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »
+2
Yeah I do think the text is a tad unnecessary, the voice itself is good enough.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »
+4
My issue with voice chat spam was how it flooded general chat. Loudness wasn't an issue, always playing with lowest volume or completely off.

probably why u were so shit, it's hard playing with sound off