Author Topic: Best singleplayer experience?  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Best singleplayer experience?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:22 am »
+5
not a very well known game but mount and blade warband has a pretty solid single player
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 04:29:38 am »
By far from the "best" but I've recently picked Fallout 4 back up, but playing on Survival mode and I've been enjoying myself quite a bit. All the changes really make it feel like a new game, this is coming from someone who HATED vanilla/launch Fallout 4.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:12 am »
+2
Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Zelda Ocarina of Time + Majoras Mask, The Last of Us, Metroid Prime, Half Life 2, Rome Total War, Assassin's Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3.

There's a list.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:36 am »
+1
1. Stalker: Call of Pripyat (+COMPLETE MOD)
2. Thief2
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. System Shock 2
5. Golden Sun 1+2
6. Skyrim (never really cared about the Elder Scrolls games before and completely missed the hype. 3 days before the release, Hideyoshi told me "bruh, get that game it´s good" and so I did. Just imagine starting to play Skyrim without knowing anything about it. Yep. Intense.)
7. Bastion
8. Risen (first game on a new pc after 6 years with a 256MB RAM Laptop, not even kidding. The newest game I was able to play until 2010 was Half Life 2, and that one also just barely. No wonder that this one really struck me back then)

I had one free week after the finals and before moving back to my mums place and I really needed some rest away from everyone for a while, so I spent the week playing Stalker:CoP. That was one of the most intense gaming experiences I´ve ever had, felt really amazing. Sorta as if I´ve actually been there. I should really put all the video footage I´ve made (the only game where I did a lot of recording) into one video one day.
(click to show/hide)

It makes a huge difference if you just quickly play a short round of a game or if you take some time to play something you´re really in the mood for. I don´t play that much lately since I´m barely in the mood for anything. But I´ll keep my eyes out for games when that mood may come back < u <
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:15:42 am by Ikarus »

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 10:18:33 am »
1. Stalker: Call of Pripyat (+COMPLETE MOD)
2. Thief2
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. System Shock 2
5. Golden Sun 1+2
6. Skyrim (never really cared about the Elder Scrolls games before and completely missed the hype. 3 days before the release, Hideyoshi told me "bruh, get that game it´s good" and so I did. Just imagine starting to play Skyrim without knowing anything about it. Yep. Intense.)
7. Bastion
8. Risen (first game on a new pc after 6 years with a 256MB RAM Laptop, not even kidding. The newest game I was able to play until 2010 was Half Life 2, and that one also just barely. No wonder that this one really struck me back then)

I had one free week after the finals and before moving back to my mums place and I really needed some rest away from everyone for a while, so I spent the week playing Stalker:CoP. That was one of the most intense gaming experiences I´ve ever had, felt really amazing. Sorta as if I´ve actually been there. I should really put all the video footage I´ve made (the only game where I did a lot of recording) into one video one day.
(click to show/hide)

It makes a huge difference if you just quickly play a short round of a game or if you take some time to play something you´re really in the mood for. I don´t play that much lately since I´m barely in the mood for anything. But I´ll keep my eyes out for games when that mood may come back < u <

Don't play complete for CoP.
t. Master S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:50 am »
+1
Well,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl with Oblivion Lost Mod
Third Age Total War with Divide and Conquer sub-mod (M2TW)
Morrowind-Oblivion-Skyrim
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:27:01 pm by DKNhz »
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:34 am »
+1
Dark souls for epic

Undertale for funny and sad

Pokemon Ruby for nostalgia

Volgarr the Viking for throwback to nes
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 11:59:17 am »
I remeber playing a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. some time back. You had to go on a farm on a hill and jump into an anomaly or something, anyone know which stalker that one was?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »
+2
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic : I spent countless hours throwing those orcs and goblins around.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »
Best singleplayer experience is playing Kotor 1 with my little nephew who is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay into Star Wars (i'm partially responsible for this).

He watches all the youtube videos and film theories about Star Wars so knows about Darth Revan cos he looks cool and the internet loves him. But... despite watching all this stuff he still has no idea about the plot twist in this game!!!!!!!

We don't get to play it too often, so it's been on-and-off for a couple of years now and we're only just on Dantooine, but he remembers *everything* we've done and really invests in the roleplay (he doesn't like Carth or Mission but attempts to make peace when they argue cos he wants a good team xD aawwwwwwwwwwwwe). When we finally get to the plot twist it will blow his damn mind!!!!!!!! I'm just concerned that he'll find out before we get there which gets more likely as he gets closer to the age where he's likely to just google 'Knights of the old Republic' and find shit out.

I worry he might die of old age, before you get there.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 02:43:21 pm »
I'm a sucker for anything story based so Mass Effect series (even if the ending really did suck), Witcher series, Dragon Age series, Knights of the Old Republic.

Out of the 'older' games Doom 3 is up there in terms of terrifying me as a kid. Amnesia as well. If we are going much older then AoE, AoM.

Even older then Sonic on Sega Megadrive. Heck Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on the original gameboy.

Half Life 2 is always up there along with Portal.

For one slightly different option I loved Alan Wake when I originally played it.

Edit:
Totally forgot the original Unreal another game that terrified me because of it's oddity and of course AVP2 which was just fantastic. Alien games have been shocking by comparison since then.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:54:07 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 03:03:00 pm »
+1
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic : I spent countless hours throwing those orcs and goblins around.
Yep, awesome game.

Dishonored and DLCs, by makers of Dark Messiah, is one of the best SP games I've played.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 03:12:11 pm »
+1
Yep, awesome game.

Dishonored and DLCs, by makers of Dark Messiah, is one of the best SP games I've played.

Did you know they're making a sequel! And it's got a grapplehook

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »
+2
Panzer General 2
Dragon Age Origins
Darkest Dungeon

When I think about it now, these are also - along with Fable - the only SP games I've ever finished.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »
+2