Author Topic: The Hunter (Free Hunting Game)  (Read 1763 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
The Hunter (Free Hunting Game)
« on: May 20, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
+1
THE HUNTER

THE MOST REALISTIC HUNTING GAME ONLINE

Download and play the most realistic hunting game online for free. Go hunting with your friends in multiplayer with up to 8 players - or explore the ten diverse and immersive hunting reserves in the world of theHunter by yourself.

PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS

theHunter supports up to eight players in competitive or co-operative multiplayer. Invite your friends, organize an expedition and play together - Or challenge each other for bragging rights and see who can bag the biggest trophy!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AN IMMERSIVE OPEN WORLD

Within the large open world environment of the Evergreen Hunting Reserve are ten hunting reserves for you to explore. Immerse yourself in detailed hunting grounds based on Scandinavian, Central European, North American and Australian environments.

SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS

Take part in competitions, community events and show everyone that you are a master hunter by moving up the leaderboards. Your Hunter Score and skill levels increase as you play - Do you have what it takes to become the number one hunter in the Evergreen Hunting Reserve?

TRACK YOUR PROGRESS

Every step you take, every animal you spot, every shot you fire and every trophy you bag is recorded on your profile for you to look at, analyze, and share with your fellow hunters.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 695
  • Infamy: 2013
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunter (Free Hunting Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »
+1
Game is great, don't get me wrong. Other than topic being commonly misplaced, to me it seems this is the case of German truck driver going home after hard days at work to play Eurotruck Simulator. Aren't you Canadian chap, isn't there a thick forest filled with wild beasts surrounding you? Shouldn't you be able to legally obtain any firearm for few nickels like your fellow Usadians? What are you waiting for, boy? Enter that mountain and kill some wild boar!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:22:33 pm »
+1
I am actually going up to the cottage this weekend haha...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:39:11 pm »
+9
Yay, I shot me a defenseless animal with my modern rifle and tons of other modern hunting equipment! What an achievement, wot!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:23:07 pm »
I tried it out of curiosity a few years ago. Turns out you only get 1 gun and a tiny part of the map for free, but maybe that's changed since then.

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 12:41:24 am »
+1
I tried it out of curiosity a few years ago. Turns out you only get 1 gun and a tiny part of the map for free, but maybe that's changed since then.
The exact same thing i did, then i uninstalled it the next day.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »
Yay, I shot me a defenseless animal with my modern rifle and tons of other modern hunting equipment! What an achievement, wot!

Still more of an achievement than having a farm raise a cow then corralling it into a slaughter house where its neck is slashed or head spiked and then its drained of blood and processed into steaks and then you buy one at the grocery store never even seeing this beef cow alive.  :D At least when you're hunting the animal can run.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 10:16:33 pm »
+2
Still more of an achievement than having a farm raise a cow then corralling it into a slaughter house where its neck is slashed or head spiked and then its drained of blood and processed into steaks and then you buy one at the grocery store never even seeing this beef cow alive.  :D At least when you're hunting the animal can run.
Yes, except there is no creepy subculture (complete with games about it) for corralling cows into a slaughter house where their necks are slashed or heads spiked and drained of blood and processed into steaks and then you buy one at the grocery store never even seeing this beef cow alive.

Hunting your own food is fine, admirable even. But for most hunters the food is just a side benefit. It's the hunting subculture that's cringey and lame.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:13 pm »
Competitive? Can you shoot your co-op, buddies?  :lol:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 12:46:46 am »
"Hunting accidents". Nothing spells MAN, better than shooting your huntingbuddy Mike in the back for taking the last can of bud light.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 11:36:22 am »
"Hunting accidents". Nothing spells MAN, better than shooting your huntingbuddy Mike in the back for taking the last can of bud light.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-arizona-politician-arrested-slaying-alaskan-hunter-article-1.2640785

(click to show/hide)

Such a nice picture  :mrgreen:

Yes, except there is no creepy subculture (complete with games about it) for corralling cows into a slaughter house where their necks are slashed or heads spiked and drained of blood and processed into steaks and then you buy one at the grocery store never even seeing this beef cow alive.

Hunting your own food is fine, admirable even. But for most hunters the food is just a side benefit. It's the hunting subculture that's cringey and lame.

I would say it depends on the people. But I would agree that most hunters don't hunt primarily to get a meal... It's like something to do outdoors, gives people an excuse to go out and spend time in nature even if they are shooting that nature and dragging it to their truck. I find it's pretty similar to fishing. Most people that go do recreational fishing aren't doing it for a meal, they are doing it because they enjoy it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:43:35 am by Sir_Hans »