Author Topic: you kids are all fucking retarded.  (Read 15520 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: you kids are all fucking retarded.
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2016, 02:58:57 am »
+5
I think you are all literally too stupid to understand the ban. If I was on my computer I'd copy and paste the numerous times it's been explained. You all knew what you were doing was wrong and then took on a mob mentality and went all "yeah we're cool kids so we're all gonna do it, can't ban us all". Then you all got banned. It was that mentality that got all of you banned. Mob mentality and blatant disregard for following a simple rule no matter how lame it is to you. Hope that helps, but I know it won't.

No Bronto, they do understand the ban.  You don't understand what people are upset about.  Go read the admin section if you really want to know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2016, 03:04:59 am »
I get a chuckle out of all the people hyperventilating over free speech.  There is no guarantee of free speech on a privately owned forum.  If the owners don't want you acting or speaking in a certain way, don't do it.  Don't cry about how stupid it is or how it's just a joke or it's not really racist or it's the internetz and everyone needs a thicker skin or that people can mute you.  Just follow the rules the owner set up or leave.  The mod will survive your leaving and if it doesn't so what?  Besides, most of the people complaining about the bans are so addicted they can't leave.  I think the bans were well deserved and two days seems a little lenient.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2016, 03:11:46 am »
+10
The thing that most people seem the most upset about is not that they got banned for breaking the rules, it's that one particular admin handled the situation very poorly despite there being a few other admins in the server that could have helped them de-escalate the situation instead. It's not "You banned me for saying 'friend'" as much as it is "You were going to ban me for 90 days on my first offense for saying 'friend' towards no one in particular when people that teamkill in spawn as a first offense only get a day or a so". Also the entire "mob behavior" was brought on by the poor handling on the situation in the first place and could have been totally avoided.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:36 am »
I get a chuckle out of free speech.  There is no guarantee of free speech.  If we don't want you acting or speaking in a certain way, don't do it.  Don't cry.  Just follow the rules we set up or leave. So what?  Besides, most of the people complaining don't agree with my line of thinking anyway.

(click to show/hide)
Thanks, Officer!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:21:16 am by Deltah »
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2016, 03:24:17 am »
+2
The thing that most people seem the most upset about is not that they got banned for breaking the rules, it's that one particular admin handled the situation very poorly despite there being a few other admins in the server that could have helped them de-escalate the situation instead. It's not "You banned me for saying 'friend'" as much as it is "You were going to ban me for 90 days on my first offense for saying 'friend' towards no one in particular when people that teamkill in spawn as a first offense only get a day or a so". Also the entire "mob behavior" was brought on by the poor handling on the situation in the first place and could have been totally avoided.

Wait, so people are upset that the situation was handled poorly by one admin who should have asked for help?

Weren't those people a big part of the reason for the whole situation to arise in the first place?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2016, 03:27:57 am »
The "mob behavior" argument is ridiculous and complete bunkum anyway.  These situations occur all the time, and only an admin can escalate it to "mob behavior" status.

Also, nowhere in the rules does it state that one admin has to go rambo and ban 19 people for chat abuse, severity is a factor that you're conveniently leaving out.

Wait, so people are upset that the situation was handled poorly by one admin who should have asked for help?

Weren't those people a big part of the reason for the whole situation to arise in the first place?

I'm sure Sparvico will say the same thing, but:

No, the admin who banned those people didn't even try to consult with the other admins on at the time.  They could have and should have asked for help in deescalating the situation, but did not.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:35:04 am by Artyem »

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2016, 03:35:38 am »
+8

Most of the people that got involved in the "mob aspect" of it only did so after the bans became ridiculous in the first place. Yes a few bad apples started the situation, but the initial use of the slur was by firebus, telling someone to kill themselves, and he did not get banned at all.

People weren’t being banned proportionally to their offense, instead they were being banned in increasing severity in order of participation in the event. Additionally the later threat to wipe people's characters if it happened was completely ludicrous and unprecedented in this community, despite several worst cases that did result in permanent bans.The situation was handled poorly in server, poorly on the forums, and was entirely avoidable in the first place.

The entire situation is ugly, but the escalation of the situation was as much caused by the disproportionate admin response as it was by the offenders.

Edit: Now that is not to say that the offenders in question did not deserve a ban for the chat riot that occurred. But 30-90 days on a first time chat abuse offense? In a situation like that you start with mutes, then go to 1 hour-1 day bans if absolutely necessary. Sure you could still wind up with 19 people banned, but when 19 people complain you banned them for 1 hour for saying 'friend' then no one is going to say they didn't deserve it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:42:29 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2016, 03:45:15 am »
+1
So did any of the other admins on do anything? If not, why?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2016, 03:47:26 am »
+4
So you're telling people that they're stupid for supposedly not understanding something that you don't actually fully understand yourself?

The situation has been explained several times, go re-read the thread or go read the thread in the admin section if you want to be caught up to speed.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2016, 03:50:11 am »
+4

Because how exactly do you force an admin to stop doing something when your admin power is either less than or equal to their own?

Also is the impetus on the other admins in the server to stop the admin in a situation like that, thereby leaving them somehow responsible for what that admin did, or is the impetus on the admin in question to not make horribly rash decisions that damage the community unnecessarily without at least consulting with other people first. You can't force somebody to work as a team if they aren't interested in doing so.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2016, 03:51:30 am »
+2

Uhh.... about that...... Arty was actually the first person to mute someone
(click to show/hide)
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2016, 04:26:01 am »
+2
So you're telling people that they're stupid for supposedly not understanding something that you don't actually fully understand yourself?

The situation has been explained several times, go re-read the thread or go read the thread in the admin section if you want to be caught up to speed.

I'm calling them stupid for continually bringing up racism as the reason for their ban, and also, for continually fighting their bans after they've already been graciously reduced.

You all, as admins, need to understand the rules and not let your familiarity with or perceived Internet friendship or your white knighting get in the way of one simple thing. As admins, we all need to agree upon and uphold the rules, and if need be let people, clan mates, whoever we're in ts with know when they've crossed the line and refrain or stop them from aggrevating an already terrible situation. We dont have to agree on the punishment but we do need to agree that the circumstance warranted a punishment. I know countless times when Rhalzo or Canary in TS would tell us not to make it worse with trolling. Why wasn't this done? You see Desire dropping heavy bans why not say to her hey we'll handle this and what you're doing is extreme while your online and in game? Why let this shit show make it to the forums?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:47 am »
+4
I'm calling them stupid for continually bringing up racism as the reason for their ban, and also, for continually fighting their bans after they've already been graciously reduced.

You all, as admins, need to understand the rules and not let your familiarity with or perceived Internet friendship or your white knighting get in the way of one simple thing. As admins, we all need to agree upon and uphold the rules, and if need be let people, clan mates, whoever we're in ts with know when they've crossed the line and refrain or stop them from aggrevating an already terrible situation. We dont have to agree on the punishment but we do need to agree that the circumstance warranted a punishment. I know countless times when Rhalzo or Canary in TS would tell us not to make it worse with trolling. Why wasn't this done? You see Desire dropping heavy bans why not say to her hey we'll handle this and what you're doing is extreme while your online and in game? Why let this shit show make it to the forums?

Desire wasn't interested in working with any of the online admins at all. She decided to handle everything herself and did so to such grand effect that 3 clans have quit the mod and we're all still talking about what should have been a minor incident.

As to any admin somehow showing favoritism, get that fucking misdirection out of here bronto, that was never, nor has it ever been, the case for artyem or any other admin online at the time.

And for your information artyem was telling them to stop in TS, some people tried to make it out like he wasn't later on which was a complete fabrication, do you have your facts straight enough to be talking about this situation?

Yes desire graciously reduced their ban time that shouldn't have ever been 30 days in the first place. And only if they don't put one more toe out of line, then she'll wipe their characters completely. Gracious my ass.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:35:19 am by Sparvico »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2016, 04:33:55 am »
+4

You're not very observant if you think any of this is about fighting bans at this point.

You all, as admins, need to understand the rules and not let your familiarity with or perceived Internet friendship or your white knighting get in the way of one simple thing. As admins, we all need to agree upon and uphold the rules, and if need be let people, clan mates, whoever we're in ts with know when they've crossed the line and refrain or stop them from aggrevating an already terrible situation.

This was done, if you had read any of the context of the situation you would know this.  I was telling them in teamspeak to not say it, and to not make it worse.

We dont have to agree on the punishment but we do need to agree that the circumstance warranted a punishment. I know countless times when Rhalzo or Canary in TS would tell us not to make it worse with trolling.

I very clearly agreed that the circumstance warranted punishment, and have even pointed out the unfairness of not punishing a player even though his remarks were directed towards another player and genuinely malicious.  Again, you would know this if you actually read the previous thread.

Why wasn't this done? You see Desire dropping heavy bans why not say to her hey we'll handle this and what you're doing is extreme while your online and in game? Why let this shit show make it to the forums?

Because I was already handling the situation, and did tell her on steam that it was unwarranted and outrageous.  I handled the entire thing on steam and woke up the next day to find said admin making accusations against me on the forums.  The better question is why didn't Desire consult with any other admin before dropping those bans?  Since you're too lazy to go read a thread where you could have learned all of this on your own, I'll quote this from the admin thread:

You're missing the point again.  When an admin of comparable power to myself goes loose cannon, what exactly do you want me to do?  That is precisely the scenario that gets somebody with higher power involved. Clearly, the majority of admins are in agreement here that Desire went off the handle and escalated a situation that I was already in the process of handling.

Offline Oreo

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2016, 04:39:17 am »
Page 6 and counting, keep it going, I like the admin bickering.
They're just players with a shiny badge.  That is it.

It's fun.
Arowaine: probably cause i told dupre he is a piss of shit