Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 80785 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #810 on: June 26, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »
+1

You have those who claim the young were crushed by the old vote (as if somehow all young people think like them)
The future of the young was not hijacked. The "young" just didn't care enough to vote.

image big so spoilerd it
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

36% of 18-24 voted, If the turnout was so low how could they blame the old? Blame our own age group for the result

Young people who voted Leave don't exist, older people who voted Remain don't exist, rich "educated" people who voted Leave don't exist, poor proles who voted Remain don't exist, gawd get with the narrative man. The infantile and predictable temper trantrum against these targeted classes and identities is just going to further drive them into resentment, but the regressives just can't help it, disdainful shaming and arrogant authoritarian demands is the entire basis of their political movement.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #811 on: June 26, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
what was worse?

The vile ranting about people who dared to vote Conservative in the last General Election (i seem to remember a lot of the same disgusting uneducated ruining the world type rants)
The vile ranting about people who dared to vote Leave in the referendum.

You have every right to be upset with the result of a vote but calling everyone who isn't the same as you as uneducated idiot bigots and trash sounds a hell of a lot like Far right extremist speech.
Seems to me those on the left share more in common with those on the right than they care to admit.

You have those who claim the young were crushed by the old vote (as if somehow all young people think like them)
The future of the young was not hijacked. The "young" just didn't care enough to vote.

image big so spoilerd it
(click to show/hide)

from sky

% who got through our final #EUref poll turnout filter by age group:

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

36% of 18-24 voted, If the turnout was so low how could they blame the old? Blame our own age group for the result

I'm a bit worried about the reactions post-vote. Condescending elitist ranting and attempting the legitimate (but embarrassing) route of bringing a petition to parliament vs people harassing foreign-looking people in the streets, at work, etc etc as if the Leave vote meant it was totally cool to intimidate strangers, other kids at school, your work colleagues, etc etc

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 26, 2016, 01:41:48 pm »
vs people harassing foreign-looking people in the streets, at work, etc etc as if the Leave vote meant it was totally cool to intimidate strangers, other kids at school, your work colleagues, etc etc

Wasn't aware of this, any links? Wouldn't be surprised if tensions are high. I similarly predict a wave of violence against the elderly, after the intense demonization of the last few days.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 26, 2016, 01:45:47 pm »
Of course feel free to make of the reliability of the source/s what you will.

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/media_set?set=a.10101369198638985&type=3

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »
Don't have access to that. Is it an article, a video, a facebook post, what? If it's a facebook post I wouldn't mind a copy and paste.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »
Apologies for that. It's a gallery of screenshots from things like twitter etc, various accounts of people being told to fuck off to their own countries in public etc. There's a quite a few items in there so not sure how I could get them on here (with minimal effort lol).

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 26, 2016, 02:14:43 pm »
Unfortunate side effect, the Leave vote being driven and polluted partially by racism.

Wasn't aware of this, any links? Wouldn't be surprised if tensions are high. I similarly predict a wave of violence against the elderly, after the intense demonization of the last few days.

I dont think leftists are going to brutalize the elderly with more than words, would be very surprising, much more than the far-right gloaters.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 26, 2016, 02:19:37 pm »
+1
Unfortunate side effect, the Leave vote being driven and polluted partially by racism.

I dont think leftists are going to brutalize the elderly with more than words, would be very surprising, much more than the far-right gloaters.

Lol. Yeah old white people are never targetted for violence. Because the remain campaign has been blessedly free of racial or agist connotations, and this vicious vitriol is, of course, ultimately harmless, unlike the bile of the far-right gloaters. And this is, of course, reflected in violent crime statistics. I'm sure if you were to put a Venn diagram of violent criminals and political affiliation, it's all far-right.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 856
  • Infamy: 926
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:29 pm »
History and statistics don't work in favor of your argument. Only extreme far left leaders had policies that ended in violent and destructive outcomes but that's mainly thing of the past. Modern, "liberal" leftist scum aren't dangerous at all while on the other hand, wannabe right wing nationalists tend to be very aggressive bunch of individuals. Yet you're trying to put that under the rug and say how they are of same ilk and have similar appetite for destruction. Yeah right...

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #819 on: June 26, 2016, 02:29:29 pm »
+1
and yet most of the violence at political rallies in the USA is by the Sanders supporters.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2063
  • Infamy: 2606
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 26, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »
Osiris you seem to miss many things from UK past. One of those things being football before Premier League. You know, when hooligans were fighting everywhere. Those hooligans are right wing, in every country that is their core ideology. Bernie Sanders supporters being violent lol. Maybe Headhunters should organize fight with Bushwackers in few bars across London for you to truly witness violence. That is one of English traditions, you should bring it back ;)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #821 on: June 26, 2016, 02:40:00 pm »
ahh yes we had a problem with football hooligans. Ok left wing violence is now officially excused as ok and acceptable. Carry on. Its totally different classing a group of people as beneath you and scum trash if you are left wing as opposed to doing it if you are right wing how silly of me to confuse the two
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 26, 2016, 02:50:00 pm »
UGH, if you had been paying attention to the proper statistics, you would know the pro-remain pro-immigration people are largerly young, wealthy, jetsetting scholars, they would never dare sully their hands with such physical labor, so beneath them. Immigrants will do their dirty work for them, as is custom and proper for a multicultural utopia. 

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 26, 2016, 03:03:40 pm »
Tbh Oberyn I'm never sure whether you're trying to make an assertion or just venting

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 26, 2016, 03:14:18 pm »
I'm not the one pretending there's no such as violent retarded racists and that dehumanizing political enemies specifically targetting their race couldn't possibly motivate them. Especially when you paint them as a monolithical block motivated solely by hatred of immigrants. But no, you're right, leftist rhetoric never has any real world consequences. Some people seem really, really oblivious to the realities of violent crime.