Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 80802 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #585 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:11 am »
I can't see a GE soon. When Blair went mid term they didn't rush one they just had brown take over
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #586 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:30 am »
So, it's actually Brexit huh? I wasn't really expecting the referandum to pass. Wondering if this might cause a cascading effect.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2016, 11:02:42 am »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:14:43 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2016, 11:05:22 am »
So, it's actually Brexit huh? I wasn't really expecting the referandum to pass. Wondering if this might cause a cascading effect.

Well Geert Wilders and Le Pen are jumping on the band wagon so possibly.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2016, 11:10:38 am »
Lol, I wonder how reintroducing the guilder would fly on the stock markets

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 24, 2016, 11:18:49 am »
+1
I wonder how Gibralter feel this morning. They were given their say, voted 90% remain but now are faced with being stuck outside the EU despite their location.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 24, 2016, 11:50:56 am »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #592 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »
I agree no one can survive outside of the EU.   I hope farage goes away now though. Guy comes out with some retarded shit and doesnt help anyone.

Question now is how much feeling and passion hinders the negotiations. I can't see Germany wanting trade tariffs due to the amount they sell us but some countries may want harsh treatment to stop other referendums.

I would be OK with a Scot referendum, if they are pro EU they have every right to try one.

Norway and Switzerland are doing terribly lately...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #593 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:00 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #594 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:05 pm »
+1
My suspicion that the Brits essentially are idiots is confirmed. Congratulations on loosing Scotland, NI, and soon Gibraltar. Looking forward to see the rainy, depressing island wither into irrelevance. You listened to nationalists populist who likes to blame your misery on others. What a depressing day.

Besides if u want to keep open borders with Scotland, expect to join schengen. Lol. Idiots.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:44 pm »
+2
Heck there are petitions started to make London a seperate country now as it was overwhelmingly remain.

I'd be fully for that. The rest of the country would be fucked without London. No matter how much they like to pretend they can have 'Northern Powerhouses' ect.

Typical that it was the more rural areas that swung it.

Also data has come out about the age ranges.

18-24 were more than 75% remain.
25-35 60% remain

Anyone over that was more leave with the oldest being around 70% leave. Older generations done fucked it up for the younger just as predicted.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2016, 12:26:54 pm »
+1
Only 52% listened to nationalist populists who liked to blame our misery on others. And it only takes 52% of the country to ruin it for everyone, if even 1% had stopped and reconsidered for a moment the vote would've swung 50/50.

The one good thing is that now when those imbeciles look for someone to blame, I hope they see the smug populists that made this happen standing there.

The capital, and 75% of the young wanted to remain. The vote may be over, but we've got an interesting few months ahead of us because 48% of the population in more centralised locations are not going to just disappear or change their minds overnight.

Yup can completely see Scotland, N Ireland and Gibralter leaving on the back of this. That would be a sad state of affairs to say the least.

So many of the arguments for leave have been about regaining our sovereignty. That's probably going to go up in smoke regardless.

Another favourite argument was that we used to be perfectly fine outside the EU. Many of those people clearly haven't read their history as that was when we still had strong ties with the commonwealth and had some form of Empire. The simple fact we turned our back on the commonwealth in favour of the EU should have been argument enough to vote remain as there is no going back to that.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #597 on: June 24, 2016, 12:38:27 pm »
+2
Completely unsurprised your "pride" in your people and country evaporates as soon as they refuse to accept their identity and country are meaningless superficialities. "I'm so proud of being british, but it means literally nothing on a personal and geopolitical level, god I hate the brits who can't accept that".
In any case this doesn't exactly mean the UK is going to stop importing masses of "asians" anytime soon. Easier for the native voices to be heard without the additional layer of unelected, completely unnacountable euro technocratic elites though. Maybe if the trend of cultural suicide is reversed there might even be enough support for strengthening the Commonwealth, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Such a union based on ethnic/cultural traits is clearly racist and badwrong. Of course that was what the EU was supposed to be as well but the globalist technocrats managed to poison it.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 24, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »
British will mean nothing quite soon.

Sturgeon has officially announced they are going to push for Scottish independence right away.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2016, 01:05:51 pm »
If scots are smart they'll wait until oil prices are more favourable before attempting another split. They would pretty much be a european Venezuela economically if they try it now, although they may get a lot of favourable concessions from the EU just to spite the english. I'm more concerned about northern Ireland tbh, that's the one most likely to devolve into violence. The hail mary play for the brexiters could be in the US recognizing the de facto unique transatlantic economic partnership with the UK they've had for a while now, but the US has always otherwise been pretty much pro-EU. I still think they will put their relationship with the UK before the EU. I foresee a lot of political bickering and shenanigans on trade deals.