Author Topic: Picked up weapons deleting ammo.  (Read 974 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Picked up weapons deleting ammo.
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:31:07 pm »
Problem: Picking up weapons deletes stackable items.

I'm surprised this hasn't been reported yet because I believe it is effecting all items in stacks. Since the second to last patch that increased the number of slots many weapons take up, there has been a rather severe bug. Picking up weapons off the ground, deletes a number of stacked ammo or weapons from your person. It is hard to reproduce it under the same exact circumstances during a battle, but it happens almost every time. I will cite examples to try and help.

For instance I will usually enter play carrying two stacks of throwing spears. They take up two slots each and give me 4 per stack, so I have 8 in total. I will for instance throw maybe 4-5 of these, having 3-4 left. I should have two slots free. Sadly picking anything up deletes either all but one throwing spear, or deletes them all leaving me just with what I've picked up. I am not picking up multiple items, or three slot items. This also happens when picking up other throwing weapons. Usually if I pick up a single war dart, it will remove ALL of my remaining throwing spears leaving me only with the single dart while tincans rush at me. Not the best situation. The deleted weapons do not appear on the ground, and there is no way to get them back until a new round starts (provided I die and don't start holding what I picked up.)

I have also been able to reproduce this problem with a crossbow and bolts. Holding a 1 slot crossbow and 1 sack of bolts, I have found that picking up a weapon from the ground will destroy the bolts leaving me with just a crossbow, or sometimes dropping the crossbow and leaving no trace of the bolts. I have not tried it with arrow quivers. Sometimes having exactly a full stack when picking up an item leaves that stack alone, but I can't reliably say for sure.

I can't express how crippling this, especially coinciding with throwing taking such severe overall hits. I need all the ammo I can get since I cant retrieve shots from bodies. When this happens, the round is game over for me, especially when I pick up a throwing weapon and it deletes the rest leaving me with just that one shot and my fists.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: Picked up weapons deleting ammo.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:54 pm »
It's the same thing for archers ... if I'm shooting normal arrows and I have 2 stacks and have .. let's say 22 left and that i pick up 1 single different arrow , it empty my whole stack so I'm left with only 1 arrow (the one I just picked up) and it dropped my melee weapon on the ground... so I pick my melee weapon back and for some reason now, I can pick up any arrows and they all stack together (Khergit, normal arrow, brodkin, etc..) It's very, VERY annoying.

But it doesn't end there ... the round after, because my melee weapon is now in a different slot (if I survived the round), it spawned me with only 1 stack of arrows and twice my melee weapon *sigh*...

Every patch there are more things broken than fixed :X

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:31:38 pm »
I can confirm this, but this bug has also a good side.
Pick up an empty arbalest, and then the ammo. The game will often drop the crossbow even if you have only a 1h. Pick the arbalest up again, voila instant reload.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:46:28 pm »
I haven't been able to get that result so I can't confirm it. For sure there is nothing like that for throwing weapons. No surprisingly useful ammo refills. Just cold hard deletion.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:33 am »
Also, on a possibly related note, when someone carrying a stack of weapons dies and drops them, picking them up only ever seems to produce exactly 1 ammo. The bug in general seems to just target stacks and reduce them to 1.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:39 am »
Yep, as a former archer I can say this is far too annoying.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 03:57:49 am »
This bug is crippling. I picked up a throwing lance that someone threw at me today. It deleted all my throwing spears. All of them. Then when I tried to throw it, it displayed a big fat red 0. It was telling me I had zero throwing lances while I was holding one. Then I got slaughtered.

Please someone fix this.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:58 pm »
Bumping this hoping to get a response. This is a major game breaking problem for all ranged.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »
Also the Arrow bug atm, sometiems when you pick up a weapon.. when your out of arrows, and drop it in the same round.

Next round youll spawn with only half a quiver.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 09:00:20 pm »
What I do now, when the round ends I drop everything just to be sure.. it sucks to spawn with only 1 quiver and 2 hammers ...

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 04:23:39 am »
I'm not sure if these are the same bug but I think it all sprang from the slot increase patch so it's probably related. At any rate, please someone say it's going to be fixed in the next patch. This is a gamebreaking thing.